New Protein that suppresses Androgen Receptors

Found this on Science News and is legit. Has anyone heard of Barrestin2? It was a new find that suppresses androgen receptors in men with prostate cancers. Can’t we use it to benefit us in slowing down hair loss?

» Found this on Science News and is legit. Has anyone heard of Barrestin2?
» It was a new find that suppresses androgen receptors in men with prostate
» cancers. Can’t we use it to benefit us in slowing down hair loss?
»
» Protein That Suppresses Androgen Receptors Could Improve Prostate Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment | ScienceDaily

Good find mj.

I really think that the one of the keys to reversal of hairloss in the early stages is to balance the immune response topically.

Bryan posted a good study on this a while back!

Regards
Pete

Can we find this to purchase anywhere? :expressionless:

»
» Protein That Suppresses Androgen Receptors Could Improve Prostate Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment | ScienceDaily

In another study Soy Protein wash proven to significantly reduce AR expression acording to this journal. Does this mean via this method we can help decrease hair loss as well? Can someone clarify this science stuff for me pls. Is this the same AR suppression us mpb men are after?

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/137/7/1769

»

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/den243v1

» » Found this on Science News and is legit. Has anyone heard of Barrestin2?
»
» » It was a new find that suppresses androgen receptors in men with
» prostate
» » cancers. Can’t we use it to benefit us in slowing down hair loss?
» »
» » Protein That Suppresses Androgen Receptors Could Improve Prostate Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment | ScienceDaily
»
» http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/den243v1

If you look at every hairloss board on the internet - over the last 10 years not much has changed.

DHT isnt the only thing involved - Estradiol plays a part. So taking something that works on both will help! It should be possible to thicken thinning hair now with what is known.

Topically whats been “missed” is something that will help to regenerate hair on a balding scalp. We are getting VERY close to some answers on how to achieve this! Some developments are likely on their way !!!

Regards
Pete :slight_smile:

» DHT isnt the only thing involved - Estradiol plays a part.

Care to expand a bit on the part about estradiol, Pete? :slight_smile:

»

excellent find.

could it be that a drop in Barrestin2 levels at age 21 on certain parts of our head is what triggers the mass holocaust of follicles ?

» I really think that the one of the keys to reversal of hairloss in the
» early stages is to balance the immune response topically.
»
» Bryan posted a good study on this a while back!

Where did Bryan post this, please point me to it.

Thank you.

» » Bryan posted a good study on this a while back!
»
»
» Where did Bryan post this, please point me to it.

He’s probably referring to the following study, which I started a thread about over on HLH about five years ago: J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003 May;48(5):752-9. “Transplants from balding and hairy androgenetic alopecia scalp regrow hair comparably well on immunodeficient mice”, Krajcik RA, Vogelman JH, Malloy VL, Orentreich N.

To find it, search for the word “comparably” on the HLH Hair Loss Open Topic forum, under my name (Bryan). It’ll be the first thread that pops up, named “A tantalizing POTENTIAL for full regrowth??” I’ll warn you, though, that there’s only a very brief and indirect reference by the authors of that study to the vague possibility that the effects they noticed had anything to do with the immunodeficient status of the mice.

In regards to proteins or soy washes that might suppress ARs - systemic, or topical only effects? This will always be the million dollar question.

If you just wanna indiscriminately reduce the effects of androgens throughout your body, there are perfectly decent methods of doing it already.

» In regards to proteins or soy washes that might suppress ARs -
» systemic, or topical only effects? This will always be the
» million dollar question.
»
» If you just wanna indiscriminately reduce the effects of androgens
» throughout your body, there are perfectly decent methods of doing it
» already.

Reducing effects of adrogens through the body is not the samething as reducing their effectiveness in the scalp, is it?