New photos added to blog

I had my third procedure with Dr. Umar in January of 2009, and I have added some photos of my head and donor areas, including my neck area, immediately after the procedure.

http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2009/06/pictures-of-head-and-donor-areas-after.html

» I had my third procedure with Dr. Umar in January of 2009, and I have added
» some photos of my head and donor areas, including my neck area, immediately
» after the procedure.
»
» http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2009/06/pictures-of-head-and-donor-areas-after.html

Hey man, good healing to you. I’d be interested to see how the donor area from your beard hair heals.

I think that looks painful than it really is. Congrats on your procedure and courage to go through with it. Definetly look forward to your progress and success in the upcoming months. Keep us posted along the way.

» I had my third procedure with Dr. Umar in January of 2009, and I have added
» some photos of my head and donor areas, including my neck area, immediately
» after the procedure.
»
» http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2009/06/pictures-of-head-and-donor-areas-after.html

Hi don’t you feel you were a bit too bald to have any type of procedure done? or maybe have half of it done? or maybe a wig wait until some new hope arrives ?
did the doctor have any concerns to the amount of hair you needed or was it yeah let’s do it no problem .
I’m dying to see how it looks after a few months … did the doctor say how long you should expect the hair to grow . or do you have to keep it well cut .

» Hey man, good healing to you. I’d be interested to see how the donor area
» from your beard hair heals.

http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2009/06/4-month-photos-of-beard-donor-areas.html

» Hi don’t you feel you were a bit too bald to have any type of procedure
» done? or maybe have half of it done? or maybe a wig wait until some new
» hope arrives ?
» did the doctor have any concerns to the amount of hair you needed or was
» it yeah let’s do it no problem .
» I’m dying to see how it looks after a few months … did the doctor say how
» long you should expect the hair to grow . or do you have to keep it well
» cut .

Van Halen:

My area was shaved for the procedure. I had quite a bit of hair and just had more added to try and increase the density. If you go back and look through my blog you will see what I am talking about.

» I think that looks painful than it really is. Congrats on your procedure
» and courage to go through with it. Definetly look forward to your progress
» and success in the upcoming months. Keep us posted along the way.

Thanks for your comments.

As you probabaly know, these people who get on the forums and claim that there is no pain involved in getting a HT are lying. There is pain involved. The needles sticking into your head to numb the area don’t particulary feel very good especially when you are having frontal work done.

And, sometimes, not all of the area is completely numb or an area is missed as far as numbing and it doesn’t feel very good and can catch you off guard.

It’s plain and simple. There is pain involved in getting a HT, and believing the “shills” claiming for their doctors that there is no pain involved is stupid and ignorant.

Luckily there are drugs that can be used before the sticking begins to help make the pain a little more bearable.

Great pics KeepItShorter.

I may have missed it but how many grafts were taken from the beard area and where were they placed (recipient area)?

I saw that at 9 days you hadn’t shaved yet and you were still quite red. When did you start shaving? When did the redness go down enough to say people wouldn’t notice?

Looking at your 4 month beard pictures you appear to be healing quite well. No white dots that I can tell. Right? Do you think those reddish/bumpy areas will disappear?

» Great pics KeepItShorter.
»
» I may have missed it but how many grafts were taken from the beard area
» and where were they placed (recipient area)?
»
» I saw that at 9 days you hadn’t shaved yet and you were still quite red.
» When did you start shaving? When did the redness go down enough to say
» people wouldn’t notice?
»
» Looking at your 4 month beard pictures you appear to be healing quite
» well. No white dots that I can tell. Right? Do you think those
» reddish/bumpy areas will disappear?

Hi thanks for your comments. Dr. Umar took 3000 grafts from the beard area, and they were placed on the top and crown area.

I shaved about 2 weeks after the surgery. My neck area did stay red for quite some time which is normal I suppose. It took a few months for it to fully subside.

The reddish bumpy areas have improved greatly since the 4 month mark. I will add more photos soon.

Going back to when you shaved your neck area(2 weeks later), is it OK to go back to work at 2 weeks? 3 weeks? …

I’m guessing its still too early to ask you how the beard hair looks on you… good luck!

hy Keepitshorter,do you see any improvement at 4 months? I’m 2 months out of surgery with dr .Umar and so far i see nothing coming,i know is to early but …Tell me more about your progress if any and when you did start seeing the growth?I also received about 4000 beard grafts along with scalp grafts.Thanks

» Going back to when you shaved your neck area(2 weeks later), is it OK to go
» back to work at 2 weeks? 3 weeks? …
»
» I’m guessing its still too early to ask you how the beard hair looks on
» you… good luck!

The area is still quite red some time out I will tell you that. I was able to go back to work, but questions were asked because, yes, it will stay red (did in my case anyway) for some time afterwards like 2.5 to 3.5 months.

This was my case anyway.

As far as the beard hair my beard was not as full as most peoples it seemed. With this being the case, and with in my case anyway, my beard hair growing slower, I have had some improvement now at the 5 month mark.

Most of my beard hair was placed in the crown and top center and about 500 scalp hairs were placed in the front center and some hairline area.

I am hoping the areas where beard hair was placed will continue to improve with more yield even though from my past experiences what I saw at the 5 and 6 month marks was pretty much what I got.

I am hoping because it was beard hair which is shorter and takes longer to grow that I will see more improvement even into the months following the 6th month mark.

As far as my scalp hair placed in the frontal section and hairline area I have seen some improvement, but so far, not as much as I had hoped for at this point.

I experienced shock loss big time this time around which for me was very disturbing. Fortunately, at this point of 5 months I have recoved all of it.

I am hoping that perhaps experiencing the shock loss has contributed to a slower growth period this time around and that I will see more improvement even after 6 months.

I will tell you this and I would like other opinions on this also.

Some of the photos put on this forum from several different clinics I personally see NO WAY that the persons achieve as much density with a certain number of grafts (Like 3000) as the pictures portray them to have achieved.

I certainly with a large number of grafts have not achieved the results that some of those patients allegedly (based on their photos) received.

» hy Keepitshorter,do you see any improvement at 4 months? I’m 2 months out
» of surgery with dr .Umar and so far i see nothing coming,i know is to early
» but …Tell me more about your progress if any and when you did start
» seeing the growth?I also received about 4000 beard grafts along with scalp
» grafts.Thanks

Chip:

2 months is way to early. Believe me I know it’s hard to wait and it sucks. My last time around was even worse because I experienced shock loss big time which tok several months to recover and this of coarse
made my waitin game even worse.

I did begin to see some growth at the 4 month mark, and I am just now at the 5 month mark.

I have pictures right now at the 5 month mark, but I have not posted them on this forum or on my blog yet.

If you would like to discuss more about my experience please email me. I am interested in hering how your progress has been so far and how it continues to go for you.

please email me at Heliflyer50@gmail.com

KeepItShorter: How does the beard area look like now? Any noticeable scarring? Any “white” dots?

CHIP: Did you also have the same type of beard healing as KeepItShorter? He stated 2.5 to 3 months for the redness to subside.

I just want to say this is all very informative…Thanks in advance!