New company dNovo

Correct! All the years I have been following this site, this seems to be a real solution! Stemson is too complicated and will be too expensive.

I understand why some people are skeptical of this.

Just remember the story of Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos. She claimed her technology could diagnose a whole range of diseases using just a tiny drop of blood. Silicon Valley venture capital firms gave her hundreds of millions of dollars. She became the youngest female billionaire ever.

Her claims were all based on lies and recently she was convicted on multiple counts of defrauding her investors. So silicon valley isn’t always right and sometimes their due diligence sucks.

Agree! This is either the real deal or a complete fraud. However, the doctors involved are not any joe blow. They are at the top of their field. Some of the latest studies show the reason for hair loss, stems cells move out and the hair follicle quits producing hair. Time will tell. If they bring it to phase one quickly and we see the same patch of hair on a human then most likely it is real. If they constantly postpone phase 1 then just another Follica.

EXACTLY. I remember Holmes’ story well. Besides, getting $2.7M in funding is nothing. To put this in perspective, Stemson received $15M and they are nowhere near the finishing line.

Roger, doesn’t LIG have a good point about dNovo only raising $2.7 million in funding? That doesn’t sound like a lot of money to me. In a way, it seems like Y Combinator would have authorized more money to dNovo if dNovo’s tech seemed feasible but then again if dNovo’s tech didn’t seem feasible Y Combinator wouldn’t have given dNovo any money.

What do you think about Y Combinator only authorizing dNovo a small amount of money?