Need advice - how to care for hair/scalp after HT

Hi all,

For those of you that have had HT’s, I need some advice. How do I wash my hair after the HT and overall, take care of my new hair, scalp, FUE incisions, etc…?

Thanks

» Hi all,
»
» For those of you that have had HT’s, I need some advice. How do I wash my
» hair after the HT and overall, take care of my new hair, scalp, FUE
» incisions, etc…?
»
» Thanks

I didn’t have fue. I had strip. I wouldn’t even use shampoo the first couple weeks, just gently rinse it with warm water.

Hi stichmeup,

Can you tell me wich doctor performed STRIP on you? was it a good experience?
What about the results?

I am asking all these questions because I’ve come to terms with the fact that in my case FUE is not a viable option as it would be too expensive and time consuming (by this I mean that more procedures would be required to achieve the desired result)

Thank you,

Piperz

You should have gotten a post op sheet on caring for your grafts, however after working for several clinics, most of them agree to use a non-medicated shampoo and warm water. For the first week, you simply lather up the shampoo, and pat the foam on the recipient area. Then you use cups of water to pour over the grafts. No shower head pressure is to be used for the first week. After a week has passed, you can slowly allow the pressure of the shower head to flow over the grafts. The crusts and scabs should fall off after a week. The donor FUE area can be scrubbed and cleaned normally from the first day.

» You should have gotten a post op sheet on caring for your grafts, however
» after working for several clinics, most of them agree to use a
» non-medicated shampoo and warm water. For the first week, you simply
» lather up the shampoo, and pat the foam on the recipient area. Then you
» use cups of water to pour over the grafts. No shower head pressure is to
» be used for the first week. After a week has passed, you can slowly allow
» the pressure of the shower head to flow over the grafts. The crusts and
» scabs should fall off after a week. The donor FUE area can be scrubbed and
» cleaned normally from the first day.

I just gently poured water from a cup over my head the first couple of weeks, then a week of gentle scrubing then back to my normal shower routine.

The reason that it is imperative to use a shampoo is to keep the recipient’s bacteria load low.Washing once per day is very important. Washing with just plain water is not enough.