Natural "topical" EGF-inhibitors----PATENT

They mention soy isoflavones genistein and daidzien in this…

But do they interefere with WNT???

» Use of natural EGFR inhibitors to prevent side effects due to retinoid therapy, soaps, and other stimuli that activate the epidermal growth factor receptor - Regents of the University of Michigan
»
»
» They mention soy isoflavones genistein and daidzien in this…
»
»
» But do they interefere with WNT???

why do you think EGFR-inhibitors could interfere with wnts at all?
as far as I know EGFR-inhibition has nothing to do with wnts but I might be wrong.
does the patent mention how potent these substances are?

» » Use of natural EGFR inhibitors to prevent side effects due to retinoid therapy, soaps, and other stimuli that activate the epidermal growth factor receptor - Regents of the University of Michigan
» »
» »
» » They mention soy isoflavones genistein and daidzien in this…
» »
» »
» » But do they interefere with WNT???
»
» why do you think EGFR-inhibitors could interfere with wnts at all?
» as far as I know EGFR-inhibition has nothing to do with wnts but I might
» be wrong.
» does the patent mention how potent these substances are?

Unfortunately, as we’ve encountered time and again with our ‘home research’, natural EGF inhibitors usually inhibit wnt too. Our ongoing quest is to find one that doesn’t.

» » Use of natural EGFR inhibitors to prevent side effects due to retinoid therapy, soaps, and other stimuli that activate the epidermal growth factor receptor - Regents of the University of Michigan
» »
» »
» » They mention soy isoflavones genistein and daidzien in this…
» »
» »
» » But do they interefere with WNT???
»
» why do you think EGFR-inhibitors could interfere with wnts at all?
» as far as I know EGFR-inhibition has nothing to do with wnts but I might
» be wrong.
» does the patent mention how potent these substances are?

off the top of my head, ECGC and quercetin and apple polyphenols inhibit EGF but also inhibit wnt. There was a lot of excitement surrounding these substances when the follica patent first came out inasfar as “do it yourself” at home speculation was concerned until folks googled this other characteristic about these substances…

Im still left to wonder if one could use lithium chloride and mimic wnt while using these substances to inhibit EGF. They’d almost certainly have to be used topically to have any chance of working though. In digestion many naturals get chemically changed into other things, so who knows. The speculation has certainly cooled towards them in the last several weeks as folks have contemplated Follica’s patent and attention has been focused on the synthetic egf antagonists…