My Transplant Looks Fake, How Do I Fix It

» » No. What I mean is I heard this through the years about needles and
» lateral
» » slit. I think it really depends on the charecteristics of ones hair
» that
» » plays more a part in it.
»
» Needles and laterl slit, what does that mean?

Needles (saggital incisions) create a round hole. Lateral slits create as you would expect…a slit.

Hasson & Wong invented the lateral slit technique in hair transplantation. There is a PDF document on their site explaining it.

Here is is: http://www.hassonandwong.com/pdfs/lateral_slit.pdf

forhair . com / News_Release/Hair_Orientation . htm

» » No. What I mean is I heard this through the years about needles and
» lateral
» » slit. I think it really depends on the charecteristics of ones hair
» that
» » plays more a part in it.
»
» Needles and laterl slit, what does that mean?

These are two different techniques doctors use to prepare the recipient site in hair transplantation.

Dr. Woods is a proponent of the NEEDLES technique. One argument is that it causes less trauma, truly minimally invasive. Below are pictures showing the effect needles have on the recipient site.

I have no proof but it makes sense or at least it is possible that if the holes are too small in relation to the diameter of the graft, the black dots will form. It is like trying to fit into a pair of tight jeans, you will never get a perfect fit and the excess skin will left hanging.

I see what you are saying now. If it was body hair then it is acceptable but not for regular head donor.

» Ok, this is an example of what I mean and this guy actually has medium
» brown hair.
»
» Where the thicker donor hair enters the skin it forms a dot of contrast.
» The hair shaft at point of entry is darker than the rest of the shaft as if
» the entry point was actually the “blub” of the hair.
»
» It also makes the skin pores stand out/ bigger.
»
» It’s not the doctors fault. Just hair characteristics I believe.
»
»
»
»

» Ok, this is an example of what I mean and this guy actually has medium
» brown hair.
»
» Where the thicker donor hair enters the skin it forms a dot of contrast.
» The hair shaft at point of entry is darker than the rest of the shaft as if
» the entry point was actually the “blub” of the hair.
»
» It also makes the skin pores stand out/ bigger.
»
» It’s not the doctors fault. Just hair characteristics I believe.
»

I think it’s the doctor or the technique, for example, I have never seen these black dots in Armani and Hasson & Wong patients.

» I have no proof but it makes sense or at least it is possible that if the
» holes are too small in relation to the diameter of the graft, the black
» dots will form. It is like trying to fit into a pair of tight jeans, you
» will never get a perfect fit and the excess skin will left hanging.

This is why it is dead wrong for people to insist that smaller instruments are always better. Every patient is different.

Below is a famous picture posted by Dr. Woods a while ago. You can imagine that not every graft can fit into a guage 25 needle. An experienced doctor will use his best judgment to choose the instrument that is best for the patient’s needs.

» Hi there. I have had two small transplants. One in January of 2007, and one
» in December of 2007. They were both small, 1600 and 1200. I’m now 23. I’ve
» been on Propecia since 18.
»
» Many of you may think that I didn’t need it in the first place. I wanted
» to fill in my hairline angles, and what’s done is done. But it looks fake.
» It is pluggy, spread out, and angled wrong.
»
» I’ve been combing it over in dumb hair styles for two years, but I am only
» 23, and don’t want to do this for decades to come. The last straw was the
» last time I was getting intimate with a girl, she was playing with my hair,
» and asked me if I had gotten a transplant.
»
» So, I want to fix it. One way would be to remove them, and put them
» farther back with my real hair. A second would be to increase the density
» with a more talented doctor, so it doesn’t look so pluggy. And a third
» would be to fill it in with BHT.
»
» I’ve attached some pictures. Please look at them, and recommend what the
» best action would be, and who with. So you know, the sections where my hair
» is thick is my real nontransplanted hair. I was barely balding to begin.
» The only transplanted hairs are the awkward ones in the front.
»
»

Bucket,

It appears that the hairs on your frontal hairline are somewhat skewed, but it may be due to how you are holding the hairs with your hands. The caliber of the hairs on the hair line is appropriate, but you may need a few of them totally removed and re-implanted at proper angles. You could improve the appearance of the hairline by simply adding fine single-hair follicular units. By adding single hair follicular units, the density in the area will improve, as well as the aesthetics.

The initial step to resolving the situation would be to seek a doctor who specializes in hair transplant repair. The doctor you choose should have extensive knowledge and artistic ability to undo the effects of the previous hair transplant work. Repair can be defined as partially or totally removing grafts in an area on the scalp or face. Repair can also be defined as adding hair in an area to camouflage them because we can’t be

Fortunately, you can at least style your hair forward to hide any unsightly grafts. The grafts you do have on the hairline seemed to contain between 1 and 2 hairs per unit. You also have the option to completely repair the area with as few sessions as you desire. Patients who come to us are usually plucking the unwanted grafts or have attempted laser treatment.

Currently, there are still clinics that either improperly angle the transplanted follicular units or transplant follicular units containing one too many hairs on the hair line. The finest of hair line designs are created by more than just placing single hair grafts, it was created by transplanting these single hair grafts at acute angles and consistent with the patient’s characteristics.