My Story - hair transplant journey

» So confusing, when was this video taken? I thought Newstart just went to
» your clinic now.

I think the video is what his hair looks like now before the operation with Dr. Woods.

» You shouldn’t feel too sad, the important thing is that you still look
» natural, it’s not like you have scars all over your scalp. Have you tried
» Toppik? I think toppik will work very well for you

Toppik will do wonders for diffuse thinning like that, btw I think you should come clean to your friends and family rather than living a lie the rest of your life and alienate yourself from pepole around you.

What is permanent scalp shock.Is like shock loss?can it affect areas that were not transplanted as well…you mean it can affect the whole scalp?Why u say is permanent?Only the miniaturized hairs can be affected that were going to be lost anyway or other hair can be affected and even grafts?

The video was taken on day of surgery , just before, after trimming and during the surgery

I think that was clear

Permanent scalp shock is when a punch slit needle or whatever is used to make the incision to accept a new graft, goes on top of or too close to a pre existing hair.

It is a simple case of physical destruction. But because it is all done on such a small scale, you don’t notice. Until months later, when it is too late

If you come too close to a pre existing hair that too is also risky.

You ALL SAW the sample of donor in a previous thread. Hairsite may be kind enough to put that picture up again.

The follicles bend and curve and crisscross under the skin. If you go too cose or too deep, or too large, you may be slicing off the bulbs of the neighbours UNDER THE SKIN…which is like beheading a human…and hence the term I coined many years ago when the field became littered with doctors trying to be FUE megaclinics…DEVILS HALO.

This term applies to the donor and receipient areas

There have been many hundreds , if not thousands of posts from sufferers of this.

Search the archives, google it or whatever. It is real, it is tragic and it is highly “pollitical” as some doctors go to extremes to keep this mess quiet.

And , there is temporary shedding. Because of all the activity, swelling, anaesthetic etc, good pre existing follicles may shed, but they have not been destroyed, only “stressed” , and they will return

Dr Ray Woods

» The video was taken on day of surgery , just before, after trimming and
» during the surgery

I don’t see any scars or anything from the vid, he made it sound like he was butchered big time by the other doctors.

Dr Woods did you have to shave his head in order to put the 750 grafts?

»
» As is obvious , he had pre existing and transplanted hair
»
» Working in the gaps was difficult
»
» People tend to forget what permanent scalp shock is
»
» I could not find further safe gaps after 750.
»
» To continue would have definitely caused permanent loss of pre existing
» hair
»
» What is the point of taking one step forward and two steps back
»
» The video only shows a sample of what was going on. Not all 750
»
» But our first responsibility is to “do no harm”
»
» And sometimes that means saying no to a patient, and put his money back in
» his pocket.
»
» Dr Ray Woods

» Dr Woods did you have to shave his head in order to put the 750 grafts?

If the gaps are clearly visible under the microscope and surrounding hair does not obstruct vision and therefore, accurracy, no shaving is required

In cases like this, there is no margin for error, and shaving the area in question is mandatory if pinpoint accuracy and safety is to be ensured

Dr Ray Woods

» You ALL SAW the sample of donor in a previous thread. Hairsite may be kind
» enough to put that picture up again.

Here’s the picture and the discussion about donor transection:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-55946.html

Hi,

I just want to say that I don’t think several smaller procedures is a good idea or that it would yield the same results. What is the doctor’s reasoning behind this.

I think covering an area with the correct amount of grafts the first time is better for us, the patients. First, you can see how the results are faster and more accurately with a higher graft count. Secondly, who would want to go through a procedure more times than they had to?

Keep us updated.

Gabriel

Newstart, keep us updated how everything turns out. I hope you are happy in the end and can move past all the troubles you have had with your hair :slight_smile:

In your case, you unfortunately might be a very rare case where multiple things happened.

As wioth any surgury or procedure not everyones body takes to something as well as another one might. It cant be predicted and it is a risk we take. The Dr. should not be expected to refund something if nature idnt allow it in your case. He still did work and should be compensated.

Thats kind of like a singer who just couldnt perform that day wants a free day in studio because the results at the end of mastering and mixing were less than favorable and we couldnt polish a turd (so to speak).

Wow, that’s an amazing view (to put it diplomatically), I agree with your analogy using the singer - except the singer is THE DOCTOR.

Any honourable HT doctor who delivers a non-result (or turd as you put it) should as a minimum refund the customer the money for services NOT delivered.

If it is such a rare case they can afford to do it can’t they :slight_smile: There is no excuse.

No wonder you want to be called Man of Mystery trying to make an argument like that :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing newstart. Good luck with your procedure down under. Hope the results are all you hope for. Try to get down there a week earlier as Australia is such a beautiful Country.

Good luck with everything newstart. I really hope that you find a solution that you are content with.

Hi all - I did attempt to post some pics around 13months post up (so around october/november 2010) but remember i had problems logging into the site but after that life kinda took over. Anyway i had all the pics for my own records and have decided to start posting today. Please wait until i have everything up before asking me any questions. Everything should be up by monday and i hope this helps any peops out there doing there research

Just a few more post op pics i found which i should have posted above

My surgery was on september 2nd 2009. After hiding indoors and living under a cap when out and freaking out like crazy with the amount of shock loss i had with this surgery i was finally starting to get back my life around the middle of november. A month later and just in time for xmas 2009 i was able to go out (after a quick wash and light blow dry) without worrying about my hair too much. The below picture doesnt show much but i wanted to post it anyway

This is after 13 months. Was i jumping up and down with joy? NO
Do i feel i had a good and positive out come : YES. It was definitly much better than before

That picture of me after a shower is very harsh but i think its fair to be as honest as possible when posting pictures. Back in the days when i was doing my research i used to think results like that of Dr Armai are very real. But they are not and this is why this Dr seems to have disapered. Anyway as my post goes on you will see i can even show Armni type results with what Dr Woods did. Good styling and lighting can show a completly different story as you will see shortly