My Hairloss Story - Successful 4 pronged attack

Started losing my hair when I was 21 - a few years before Rogaine came out. I was so devastated when I realized I was losing my hair at an alarming rate, I couldn’t get out of bed for an entire weekend. Only people who have lost a lot of their hair at a very young age can understand the pain. When I would be around others my age, I would be the only one losing my hair. It blew my confidence, it hurt my chances with many young hotties.

Over the years, I’ve tried a lot of things - been scammed like many others who are desperate to get their hair back. Before the commercialization of the Net, it was very easy to get scammed because there was no feedback forums on certain products. So, the only way you would know if something worked was to blow your money on it and see for yourself. Thanks to forums such as this, many of the scammers can’t profit as much, as word gets around quickly if a product sucks.

Now I’m 42, and I’ve lived half my life with hairloss. When I was 21, I was convinced I’d be totally bald (horseshoe look) by the time I was 25. ANd perhaps that might have happened if Rogaine had not come out in 1988 to help stop some of the loss.

Today, I’m grateful that I now have more real hair than I ever thought I’d have again. In fact, while at 21 I was about the only one of my peers to have hairloss, I now have more hair than probably 80% of dudes in my age group. And I deserve it - it took a ton of money and a ton of hard work to get my hair back.

So, without further ado, here’s my formula:

1. .5 mg Avodart in the morning, about 5 days per week
  2. Rogaine foam 2x per day about 5 days per week
  3. Hairmax LaserComb - 3x per week (although I often miss as I have little time)

I was on regular rogaine since 1988, Propecia for several years, even flew down to Houston back in 1989 to get Proctor’s stuff (which didn’t do a lot - wasn’t on it long).

The latest victory came totally unexpected - I was experimenting last fall with a combination Retin-A and LacHydrin (alpha hydroxy acid) because Dr. Barad says in a patent it reverses grey hair.

Didn’t get the grey hair reversal (no surprise there), but got something better - more hair in the frontal area. The LacHydrin probably has nothing to do with it -it was probably the combination of Retin-A working synergistically with the Rogaine Foam.

So, the #4. is Retin-A .025% with LacHydrin rubbed in the scalp 2x per day about 5 days per week (LacHydrin might not be necessary). I do not apply the Retin-A with the Rogaine Foam at the same time. The reason is that REtin-A + Minoxidil can raise blood pressure (monitor yours if doing this). So, I apply them at seperate times in the hope it won’t raise my blood pressure too much.

Life isn’t perfect, but sometimes unexpected good things can happen to you. Thank God I have plenty of hair now. Screw those people who laughed at my hairloss at age 21 - revenge of the nerds in full force.

I’m not a doctor, and I don’t play one on TV. Please consult a physician if need be.

» The latest victory came totally unexpected - I was experimenting last fall
» with a combination Retin-A and LacHydrin (alpha hydroxy acid) because Dr.
» Barad says in a patent it reverses grey hair.
»
» Didn’t get the grey hair reversal (no surprise there), but got something
» better - more hair in the frontal area. The LacHydrin probably has
» nothing to do with it -it was probably the combination of Retin-A working
» synergistically with the Rogaine Foam.
»
» So, the #4. is Retin-A .025% with LacHydrin rubbed in the scalp 2x per day
» about 5 days per week (LacHydrin might not be necessary). I do not apply
» the Retin-A with the Rogaine Foam at the same time. The reason is that
» REtin-A + Minoxidil can raise blood pressure (monitor yours if doing
» this). So, I apply them at seperate times in the hope it won’t raise my
» blood pressure too much.

BE CAREFUL WITH RETIN-A. Did you see this picture posted by Dr. Cole? This guy got his scalp burned after using RETIN-A and he had to get a hair transplant.

See the red spot in the pic, that’s where he got burned using Retin A

» See the red spot in the pic, that’s where he got burned using Retin A

Maybe he was using it not as directed? perhaps too much?

» » See the red spot in the pic, that’s where he got burned using Retin A
»
» Maybe he was using it not as directed? perhaps too much?

pronged, ha ha