My experience with Ilter Clinic of Sweden

I have had 2000 grafts with Ilter Clinic, of Sweden. I don’t have so good saying about my results and Ilter Clinics customer service.

I was on second 1000 grafts FUE operation at Ilter Clinic 18 months ago.
The situation before operation was that my front was getting thinner and needed to ad density to the area where i laready recieved 1000 grafts a few years before.

The whole thing went totally wrong with misangled grafts, densepacked regular hairline and multihair grafts in the front and bad templework

After 9 months I started to be suspicious about the end result and went back for a one year check up and they removed some misangled grafts in the temple and hairline area.

I asked about the sharpness and all misangled grafts behind the hairline but they just told me that is natural and it would get better, i dont know how misangled grafts can get right angled by them selfs after one year

After 18 months when I realized that this will never be better even if the transplanted hairs had soften alot but the 90 degree angle grafts in hairline and temples must be extracted again.

Ilters wife who have choosed to use the agressive tactic against all customers who dare to complain at the result was only listening to her self and saying that all other people who says it is a bad result are stupid and dont know anything about HT. I told her that in all this time there is only one person who said this look good, and that is you.

When i still complained she told me that I was mentally ill and thats why I was wearing a cap all the time, this they she says after meeting me 10 minutes in one year and I have never in my whole life wear a cap and today I am wearing it daily.

Then they stop to answer my phonecalls and emails

The same day I had my surgery they had a photo shoot for their new website and it was more important to get nice photos of them selves then doing a good job

I have a thread with pictures at

Isnt Dr. Ilter with Prohair clinic in Belgium?

» Isnt Dr. Ilter with Prohair clinic in Belgium?

He has been educating Dr De Reys at Prohair Clinic, but Ilter himself told me that he would never let De Reys touch his head as he does not have the skills yet. Ilter does not recomend anyone going to Prohair clinic as the risk for blunders are to high.

Strange thing to say about a doctor that he has trained.

Maybe this is because of Pro Hairs low prices that suddenly are competing with Ilter and other clinics, I mean its almost half the price.

There is some cooperation between Jones, Beverotti and Ilter. I think that Jones trained Ilter and as Beverotti had his FUE done by Jones he get in contact with Ilter and then established an own clinic.

Steinberg ,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Its hard to tell from your pics how bad the work is.The right side pic looks ok.You should post one of the bad side and we can advise you if you are mentally ill or not.

It sounds like a nightmare from start to finish.
The comments from Ilters rep Asdis Isbjörnsdottir must have been a shock.Its a terrible way to handle patients.did you get an opinion from Ilter himself when you presented your final result ?

Im surprised that they would not help or compensate you in some way.

The only positive is that you can use the forums and let people know about
them.

I hope you get your situation corrected with a more reputable clinic.

Maybe you can make your own opinion about the result after recieving 2000 grafts

I call it the birdnest

What I don’t understand is why did you go back to them a 2nd time?

Steinberg

I meant to say your left side looks ok from the pictures on the other forum.

With the pics you have posted here , is this the result after 1+ year ?

» Steinberg
»
» I meant to say your left side looks ok from the pictures on the other
» forum.
»
» With the pics you have posted here , is this the result after 1+ year ?

This is my results 18 months post op, the right side is a total mess and many of the misangled grafts had to be removed where the empty spots are.

I went back the second time bacause i was happy with my first procedure, thats why this whole think sucks even more as he did this due to ignorance as he knows better.

» » Steinberg
» »
» » I meant to say your left side looks ok from the pictures on the other
» » forum.
» »
» » With the pics you have posted here , is this the result after 1+ year ?
»
» This is my results 18 months post op, the right side is a total mess and
» many of the misangled grafts had to be removed where the empty spots are.
»
» I went back the second time bacause i was happy with my first procedure,
» thats why this whole think sucks even more as he did this due to ignorance
» as he knows better.

Let me see if I follow you, this is 18 months after the first surgery but only 9 months from the second surgery, maybe the grafts from the second surgery still have time to grow?

» » » Steinberg
» » »
» » » I meant to say your left side looks ok from the pictures on the other
» » » forum.
» » »
» » » With the pics you have posted here , is this the result after 1+ year
» ?
» »
» » This is my results 18 months post op, the right side is a total mess
» and
» » many of the misangled grafts had to be removed where the empty spots
» are.
» »
» » I went back the second time bacause i was happy with my first
» procedure,
» » thats why this whole think sucks even more as he did this due to
» ignorance
» » as he knows better.
»
» Let me see if I follow you, this is 18 months after the first surgery but
» only 9 months from the second surgery, maybe the grafts from the second
» surgery still have time to grow?

My first 1000 grafts was 5 years ago, this pictures is 18 months after my second procedure with additional 1000 grafts 18 months ago

I think it is appalling. I will never use this clinic. Thank you very much for the details and good luck.

I am sorry I couldn’t help laughing, I love how his wife reacted LOL, husband and wife should never be allowed to be in the same business. I bet Dr Ilter himself is nothing like his wife.

» I am sorry I couldn’t help laughing, I love how his wife reacted LOL,
» husband and wife should never be allowed to be in the same business. I bet
» Dr Ilter himself is nothing like his wife.

No, he is more diplomatic and tries to listen to you but one funny or maybe i should say tragic thing happens when i go there for the second time to find out whats was wrong with my right side.

He was little stressed and when he inspected that messed area, he started to say " who have made this" then he came to him self and started to talk about other things.

I was just looking at him with that worried look:-|

He has to find another job for his wife otherwise he will be loosing his business, you cant approach customers that are not happy with their results with saying that it is their own fault or that they are mentally ill and that all other people who are saying it is bad HT, are stupid.

Will not work for a long time

Did Dr Ilter do the surgery himself or his assistants did it the second time?

» Did Dr Ilter do the surgery himself or his assistants did it the second
» time?

Yes he did both times, he is the only one doing it at the clinic. On the other hand the second time he was not concentrated at the job as the first time when I had his full attention. The second time the camera crew had his attention instead, also they had some new techs from russia the second time that I have never seen either before or after my procedure, probably they were there for some test employment.

This small thing and some flippancy is enough for making a bad HT

The worst thing is not that they make mistakes, all clinics does. The horrible thing is their lack of customer care with that agressive tone, bad manners and refusal to admit their faults, not to mention that they dont do repairs for free and do not refund anything at all.

I am not as experienced as other posters here but it doesn’t take much to figure out that there is no 2nd chance with hair transplant. Everybody makes mistakes. If the doctor has a bad day while working on you, you will be screwed for life. It’s very high risk IMO.

I have known both Dr. Ilter and Asdis personally and professionally for some time. These comments don’t reflect my experience. I have found them to be caring and committed to excellence. In my opinion Ilter Clinic sets the standards which all FUE practioners aspire to.

» I have known both Dr. Ilter and Asdis personally and professionally for
» some time. These comments don’t reflect my experience. I have found them to
» be caring and committed to excellence. In my opinion Ilter Clinic sets the
» standards which all FUE practioners aspire to.

Of course you do, do you know them as a patient or a friend?

You cant use the word professionally for this clinic as they cant even spell to that, professionall people dont blame their mistakes on their patients and then slander them.

I am not the only one, the same strategy has been used for several other patients, google the clinic and you will find answers.

And when we are at it, please show me ONE patient with a good result from that clinic

We’re all entitiled to our own opinion. I am merely going on the record to report my personal experience with Dr Ilter and the Ilter Clinic. I found Dr Ilter and Asdis and their staff to be wonderful and dedicated people. Besides, as Shakespeare said “I fear you doth protest too much”

» We’re all entitiled to our own opinion. I am merely going on the record to
» report my personal experience with Dr Ilter and the Ilter Clinic. I found
» Dr Ilter and Asdis and their staff to be wonderful and dedicated people.
» Besides, as Shakespeare said “I fear you doth protest too much”

“I fear you only registered on the forum today”. Were you prompted by the clinic???