My experience at Hasson and Wong

I scheduled a appointment to have a transplant on Jan 12, 2009. They have exceeded my expectations. I arrived in Vancouver on Sunday the 11th. Hasson and Wong booked a hotel room for 2 nights. The hotel has got to be one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The next morning I went into the clinic and everyone there was very helpful and extremely kind. Dr Hasson was able to harvest 4066 grafts. I have had previous procedures of 2800 grafts. Dr. Hasson also said he can harvest another 1000+ grafts in the future if I decided to do so. I seem to have extremely laxity. He said its about 1 in a 100 that has this type of laxity.

The procedure was not painful at all. I was very comfortable through out the day. I was so comfortable i nodded off a few times while they were inserting the grafts. I watched a total of three movies and drank about 6 glasses of apple juice.

Dr. Hasson and his staff are very professional and always asked if I needed anything at all. I got to meet Jotronic and his hair looks much better in persn than in the photos.

The surgery ended at about 7pm and I went to have dinner with my girlfriend at a local restaurant. The next day I went in for a hair wash and headed back to the US. I did have a bit of swelling 2 days after but it only lasted for 1 day.

I am now 10 days post op and feeling great. I can not wait to see the final results.

Hey matchbox, I am glad everything went well for you on the day of your surgery. I nodded off as well during my procedure. I hope you post some pics when you can. Good luck and growth to you.:slight_smile:

» I scheduled a appointment to have a transplant on Jan 12, 2009. They have
» exceeded my expectations. I arrived in Vancouver on Sunday the 11th. Hasson
» and Wong booked a hotel room for 2 nights. The hotel has got to be one of
» the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The next morning I went into the
» clinic and everyone there was very helpful and extremely kind. Dr Hasson
» was able to harvest 4066 grafts. I have had previous procedures of 2800
» grafts. Dr. Hasson also said he can harvest another 1000+ grafts in the
» future if I decided to do so. I seem to have extremely laxity. He said its
» about 1 in a 100 that has this type of laxity.
»
» The procedure was not painful at all. I was very comfortable through out
» the day. I was so comfortable i nodded off a few times while they were
» inserting the grafts. I watched a total of three movies and drank about 6
» glasses of apple juice.
»
» Dr. Hasson and his staff are very professional and always asked if I
» needed anything at all. I got to meet Jotronic and his hair looks much
» better in persn than in the photos.
»
» The surgery ended at about 7pm and I went to have dinner with my
» girlfriend at a local restaurant. The next day I went in for a hair wash
» and headed back to the US. I did have a bit of swelling 2 days after but it
» only lasted for 1 day.
»
» I am now 10 days post op and feeling great. I can not wait to see the
» final results.

You still have good hair in some areas, did the doctor say you have to worry about shock loss?

» You still have good hair in some areas, did the doctor say you have to
» worry about shock loss?
The area that you see that has hair in the front are from previous transplants. Those will not be lost from shock. Those were done in 2000 and 2001 from another clinic which are now not working together any more. They have ripped me off by charging me for 2800 grafts and only transplanted about 60% of that. The sutures they used to seal the incision ripped from my skin and they did nothing to repair it. They have left me with a huge scar and severe nerve damage. I still have pain in the scar area today. They now rip people off in NY and San Francisco. I wish I can sue them. Stay away from these butchers. I wish I could have waited and found about about H&W.

Matchbox did H&W incorporate your original scar from your past procedures in 00 and 01 into the surgery?
Or did they go above it and make another scar?

» Matchbox did H&W incorporate your original scar from your past procedures
» in 00 and 01 into the surgery?
» Or did they go above it and make another scar?
Dr Hasson gave me the option of removing the old scar free of charge. He would have had to make a wider incision to remove the scar. That would have been a strip of donor that would have had over 5000+ grafts. I can only afford 4000 grafts at the time. He asked if I was going to go back for another procedure which would have been a small one 1000+ grafts. I told him that I would. There are many benefits from going this direction. The tension on the new incision is close to none. I feel zero tension on the doner area, so the healing results will be better, not having the chance of the scar stretching. There are over 1000+ grafts between my old scar and the new incision. So for my next procedure he would remove my old scar along with the 1000+ grafts. This way it gives time for my scalp to regain laxity and have better healing results.

Well I just removed the staples from the doner area and I must say that I am very impressed. I can barely see the scar. My hair is shaved to about a #2 on a buzzer and the scar is not visible at all. too bad my old scar is still there. I will get that fixed by Dr Hasson maybe in a year.