MuscleBoy Alvi Armani 13 month update

Looks great, MB. I bet you are glad that you chose Armani.

MuscleBoy,

Thanks for the update. Will continue to add the pics to your journal.

I also embedded the pics in your post so that they show up automatically.

I remember last time you had trouble sleeping. You had to sleep sitting up or something like that. I wonder if it is a little easier for you to sleep at night this time with FUE.

Also, keep us informed of the swelling situation. I am curious if the swelling gets just as bad with FUE as it does with STRIP.

Good luck.

Hairsite, you asked a great question. Actually, sleeping is soooooooooo much easier after FUE than after strip surgery. I still have to sleep at a 45 to 90 degree angle, but since I have no staples on my back, I feel no discomfort-- which translates to less waking up. I slept early last night around 9 pm and woke up now at 4:30 am. I got about 7 1/2 hours of sleep, which I would consider great for the position that I slept in.

The swelling is still only mild at day 2 post op. I remember how bad my swelling got day 2 post op after my strip surgery. I will post another face pic later this morning.

» Hairsite, you asked a great question. Actually, sleeping is soooooooooo
» much easier after FUE than after strip surgery. I still have to sleep at a
» 45 to 90 degree angle, but since I have no staples on my back, I feel no
» discomfort-- which translates to less waking up. I slept early last night
» around 9 pm and woke up now at 4:30 am. I got about 7 1/2 hours of sleep,
» which I would consider great for the position that I slept in.
»
» The swelling is still only mild at day 2 post op. I remember how bad my
» swelling got day 2 post op after my strip surgery. I will post another
» face pic later this morning.

Hey Musclez ;-),

Thanks for posting your story - great pics, too! It is very interesting to hear the differences in your experience with strip vs. your experience with FUE. I remember after your strip procedure you had a lot of swelling around your eyes. I think the headband helps to keep that fluid away from your eyes. I’m glad to hear that you are doing well. I think you look great! I can’t wait to see how this second procedure turns out. Keep us posted.

Jessica

Thanks Jessica! Yea, I think the headband/bandage may be helping, but I also didn’t get as many freeze shots during surgery. I remember during strip, they had to inject me at least 3 times during the placement of the grafts. My head felt like a balloon and I was sooo uncomfortable (not to mention the freeze that they must place on the strip scar). I am real happy that I had FUE this time as I feel quite normal.

Wow Muscle Boy, I haven’t visited this site for a couple weeks, I have no idea you had your 2nd surgery already, you sure are moving at lighting speed my friend :slight_smile: why the rush? I think it’s great you did fue this time. I am most interested in knowing how the swelling compares between fue and strip. Happy healing !

» Thanks Jessica! Yea, I think the headband/bandage may be helping, but I
» also didn’t get as many freeze shots during surgery. I remember during
» strip, they had to inject me at least 3 times during the placement of the
» grafts. My head felt like a balloon and I was sooo uncomfortable (not to
» mention the freeze that they must place on the strip scar). I am real
» happy that I had FUE this time as I feel quite normal.

Awesome. I am glad to hear that you are doing so well :slight_smile:

Here’s my transformation in pictures:

Transformation pictures from PRE HT to post

lookin’ great. and looking more and more like ali g everyday!

» lookin’ great. and looking more and more like ali g everyday!

Oh nooo… Ali G isn’t the most attractive guy. I guess I’m gonna have to wait for the hair to all grow back in the coming weeks before I can restore my beauty :).

» lookin’ great. and looking more and more like ali g everyday!

Yeah, I can see some similarities:yes:

AHAHAHAH… That was good Jtelecom :wink:

In all honesty, you are much better looking than that guy (no, I am not gay - not that there is anything wrong with that). I was just having a little fun at your expense.

Thanks Jotronic… I was about to start taking anti-depressant pills :).

I added pictures of my scar and of my face. Swelling is no where near as bad as last year. Last year my eyes were literally shut and I looked like I was beaten up. This year, my face is just a bit fatter than usual :). Here are the pictures (tell me what you guys think):

Day 3 post op pictures

» what percentage of your original strip grafts do you think grew…i’m
» worried they are so densely packed that maybe some of them won’t grow or
» that I might have killed some of them off by accident. i never bled from
» my scalp after the surgery so you might think i didnt lose a graft but who
» knows…when did your growth really start to accelerate?

I’m sure your grafts will be just fine. My growth really started to accelerate after the 4 month post op period. By 3 months or so, hairs started to sprout, but it wasn’t until 4 and 4 1/2 months when I started seeing a difference.

That’s a great demonstration of a good strip scar vs good FUE heal. I like the strip placement and at any reasonable length it would not be an issue. All the same the comparison is stark.

Hey everyone, I had my wash today. During my wash, Victoria (the lady who does the washes) told me that my recipient area looked like it had been healed for 3 weeks. I’m real happy about that because some of you may remember how I had so many scabs last year! I’ve been using a syringe this time, and I’ve also been a lot more generous with the amount of water I pour on the grafts (compared to last year).

In terms of sleep, I’ve been getting plenty. The foam pillows here at the Marriott definitely help! Foam pillows conform to your head, so you don’t have to worry about tossing and turning and potentially touching grafts. Here are my day 5 pics:

Day 5 post op pictures

Also notice that my swelling is very minimal at day 5 post op. This time last year, my swelling was horrible.

» Also notice that my swelling is very minimal at day 5 post op. This time
» last year, my swelling was horrible.

swelling is always much worse with strip than with FUE so that makes sense.

Here’s a 2006 vs. 2007 comparison of my swelling:

Swelling Comparison