More on Gho, and a question for James Bond

First off, I want to say that after a cursory reading of the posts on this site, one quickly gets the impression that Coen Gho is not a reputable scientist or dermatologist. But if you actually look more closely, this is not the case at all, and I am at a loss as to why people are so angry about Gho. Is it because he tried to develop HM and failed? I think we have to mature about this and accept failure as a necessary step to success. In fact, I recall one eminent Nobel Prize winning scientist saying that he only achieved more success than his peers because he was willing to fail more often.

Anyway, back on Gho: the guy has published in the British Journal of Dermatology, which is a very respectable journal (please take my word on this, as I live in the UK). Additionally, he recently spoke at a conference chaired by the Royal Society of Medicine in the UK (see http://www.bapras.org.uk/uploadfiles/meeting/RSM%20Flyer%20Feb%202008.pdf). Again, this is a prestigious organization and they don’t get clowns to speak at their seminars. So, the guy didn’t fully develop HM as everyone here would like, but we should not make the mistake of dismissing his other research or techniques(such as Hair Stemcell Transplantation) because of whatever he failed to do with HM.

JB - you seem extremely knowledgeable on Gho and his techniques. My query to you is, have you seen or heard from any former patients of Gho’s? It seems a little surprising to me that no one is willing to talk about their experiences with Dr. Gho. One explanantion could be because most of his patients are Dutch, and typically do not visit English based sites such as this one. Also, I saw the transcript of your interview with Gho and was wondering what you think of the guy personally?

Finally, wishing all a happy Easter - take it easy guys!

forget about Gho, he owes everyone an apology. no decent human being would use HM to lure people to get a hair transplant

» forget about Gho, he owes everyone an apology. no decent human being would
» use HM to lure people to get a hair transplant

Im new to this board and would welcome why Mr. Frodo feels this way about Gho ?

» First off, I want to say that after a cursory reading of the posts on this
» site, one quickly gets the impression that Coen Gho is not a reputable
» scientist or dermatologist. But if you actually look more closely, this is
» not the case at all, and I am at a loss as to why people are so angry about
» Gho. Is it because he tried to develop HM and failed? I think we have to
» mature about this and accept failure as a necessary step to success. In
» fact, I recall one eminent Nobel Prize winning scientist saying that he
» only achieved more success than his peers because he was willing to fail
» more often.

It at least in part was fueled by one particular poster who was refused treatment by a HT surgeon who posted at this site. If I recall, the surgeon cited the reason for the refusal as “patient mental unbalance” or something along those lines. I don’t know, the flame got so tedious, I lost track. As I recall, the poster grew very agitated at the HT surgeon and began a public Internet campaign to destroy the surgeon. The surgeon became angry and publicly threatened the poster. I have no idea of that surgeons credentials. For all I know he could have been full of BS or not full of BS. Things continued to heat up. As time went on, the poster’s hatred of HT doctors began to spread, and he started a personal smear campaign against Dr. Gho that had very little basis in fact. Many posters of this site who were unrealistically bitter about being bald jumped on the negativity bandwagon against Dr. Gho and the level of attacks continued to increase as did the unsubstantiated nature of the claims made again him.

In those days, I warned that these style of attacks would cause Dr. Gho and other HM scientists to refuse to provide interviews and research updates to the public. In fact, we had come to expect yearly updates from Dr. Gho, but after the attacks, he stopped providing us the updates. Since that time, the only public interview I recall Dr. Gho has provided was arranged and provided by me. The owner of hairsite.com was kind enough to post the interview on his website. At that time, the attacks against Dr. Gho increased into a frenzy. I warned that I would not provide future interviews with HM scientists as I could not ethically continue to jeopardize their professional credibility. The attacks continued, thus I have never again posted interviews with HM scientists on hairsite.com. In fact, I think Dr. Gho’s interview was probably the last time any scientist ever provided an interview for this website. In short, the kind of behavior exhibited by some of the posters at this website was not only unethical and damaging to the people who were personally attacked, it was also damaging to the public’s interest and helped to fuel an outright information black-out.

» Anyway, back on Gho: the guy has published in the British Journal of
» Dermatology, which is a very respectable journal (please take my word on
» this, as I live in the UK). Additionally, he recently spoke at a
» conference chaired by the Royal Society of Medicine in the UK (see
» http://www.bapras.org.uk/uploadfiles/meeting/RSM%20Flyer%20Feb%202008.pdf).
» Again, this is a prestigious organization and they don’t get clowns to
» speak at their seminars. So, the guy didn’t fully develop HM as everyone
» here would like, but we should not make the mistake of dismissing his
» other research or techniques(such as Hair Stemcell Transplantation)
» because of whatever he failed to do with HM.

I agree 100%, and I made a similar argument on this website repeatedly. But in trying to make my point, the delusional unsubstantiated attacks against Dr. Gho only increased in severity. You are one of the few posters who has looked at the scientific credibility of this researcher objectively. Believe it or not, the attacks were borderline insanity. Some posters claimed Dr. Gho didn’t exist and that the owner of hairsite.com made him up to drive up website hits. Others claimed that Dr. Gho was a real person but that he had no scientific credentials and had simply made up HM in order to bring business into his HT clinic. Others went on to claim that he falsified his claims about his HT technique and was nothing short of the worst and most evil con artist who graced the earth. The delusional attacks against this man are IMO a tradgedy. But as you have pointed out, this is par for the course of anybody who dare think in a futuristic manner and refuse to follow the safe and proven techniques preached from the rooftops by the herd mentality.

» JB - you seem extremely knowledgeable on Gho and his techniques. My query
» to you is, have you seen or heard from any former patients of Gho’s? It
» seems a little surprising to me that no one is willing to talk about their
» experiences with Dr. Gho. One explanantion could be because most of his
» patients are Dutch, and typically do not visit English based sites such as
» this one. Also, I saw the transcript of your interview with Gho and was
» wondering what you think of the guy personally?

The owner of this website is a former patient of Dr. Gho using the old FM technique. In addition to that, I met with and observed the results of one patient who had Gho’s old FM procedure. This patient claimed he recieved 80% donor regrowth. I had no way of verifying this claim, but I also had no reason to doubt his claim. IMO, the patient I saw was too bald to benefit from Dr. Gho’s technique, but he was happy with his result. The hair that was placed in the recipient area was nowhere near normal density, and I got the impression that Gho’s procedure moved too few of grafts to make that much of a difference in such a bald area. To put it into perspective, the bald area was huge, and the patient had planted something like 350 grafts there. He had previously used up his donor with strip surgery, so his delight was that he was able to continue HT using Gho’s donor stingy technique.

Gho claims his new HST procedure provides a lot more grafts per procedure than the old FM procedure and that the donor regrowth is more consistent. In the study I provided that showed the donor regrowth with the old FM technique was about 72%, it is important to realize that this figure could not be counted on with FM. The regrowth was very inconsistent because follicles grow to various depths in the skin. There is no way to know how deep to transect the follicle, so there is no way to perform FM consistently. If you cut too deep, only the recipient graft would grow. If you cut too shallow, only the donor would regrow. If you happened to cut at just the right depth, you would get two grafts for one. As unbelievable as that seems, the fundamental research that proves this is possible was done as far back as the 1960’s.

Gho claims he improved the consistency with HST by transecting the grafts horizontally instead of vertically. This allows him to see how to cut the graft as opposed to doing it blindly in the old FM procedure. The claim is that all you need is a portion of the follicle that possesses stem cells, and with the correct pre-treatment, it will regenerate.

I have corresponded with Dr. Gho but have never personally met him. He has always been extremely polite to me and very forthcoming with my questions about HM research. I have for the most part not had a large interest in HST or FM, but I did focus on that subject in my interview with him as it perks my curiosity somewhat. Much like you, I wonder what can be accomplished with HST. I can’t provide answers about how well it works, because I know too little about it. I can say that after reading numerous research papers by the most famous hair researchers, I came to the conclusion that Dr. Gho’s claims about FM were fundamentally sound from a scientific standpoint. Everything he stated about the technique exactly matched with the scientific studies I had read. That is why I became so frustrated when I saw all the personal attacks Dr. Gho received. And it is why I have so many times stated that ICX HM was directly paralleling where Gho had already been, and that it was important that ICX phase II studies break real ground into the future or they could end up in a similar place as Gho. I’m not particularly down on ICX these days, but I am a little shocked they have abandoned phase III trials, because a few years ago I asked Dr. Gho his personal opinion of ICX, and he predicted they would not make it through phase III. I privately believed he was completely wrong about his prediction, so having it come to fruition has indeed been surprising.

Is HST as scientifically sound as FM? I don’t know. I don’t know of a single person who has ever gotten it. Dr. Gho pretty much dropped off the map after the posters at hairsite and other forums mounted a smear campaign against him. I believe my interview (was it 2005?) was probably the last public info anyone has ever seen from Dr. Gho. He is mostly content to provide his services to local clients and stay out of the spotlight. I can’t say that I blame him.

As to my opinion of Dr. Gho. I believe his scientific claims bear a lot of weight, but I have questions as to his skills as a surgeon. I have never seen a “dense” restoration come from his clinic. When I asked him about density, the numbers he provided sounded good, as he claimed he could give denser results than standard FM due to using a smaller needle. I have no way of verifying that statement, and I have never seen evidence that this is indeed possible.

I have sometimes wondered if Dr. Gho’s expectations are out of line with patients because he has a full head of hair and thinks deeply about science as opposed to heading down to the local bar to try to pickup chicks. I think surgeons with full heads of hair are somewhat at a disadvantage when it comes to understanding the exact expectations of their patients. But my statement about this is purely speculative. I feel Dr. Gho’s intentions are 100% genuine. He is a human being subject to strengths and weaknesses like everybody else. I do not believe he is out to con anybody or rip anybody off. The real question is whether or not he can deliver a good HT and how consistent his donor regrowth procedure is? My belief is that Dr. Gho is an outstanding hair scientist. However, I suspect that he is a much better scientist than a HT surgeon because that is where he focuses his time.

Since you live close to Gho, why don’t you make an appointment to go see him and some of his patients in person? That would provide you with a much better understanding of the potential results of his technique than I can provide you.

» Finally, wishing all a happy Easter - take it easy guys!

Happy Easter to you too! I hope you are able to get some good info on Gho’s technique. Please share anything you find out.

» » forget about Gho, he owes everyone an apology. no decent human being
» would
» » use HM to lure people to get a hair transplant
»
» Im new to this board and would welcome why Mr. Frodo feels this way about
» Gho ?

I’m like you gjh001. I’m not too sure why there is so much antagonism towards Gho. But there is one consistent theme in the attacks against Gho, and it is this: there is no logical reason behind them.

I also find it funny that people get so angry about the fact that Gho supposedly promised HM and then failed … I mean, the dude did not promise anything - everyone pushed him for a deadline, and he gave his best estimate. That didn’t come to fruition, but that’s life.

My frustration with this board in general is that 99% of the posts are rubbish, but you have to sort through all this crap to get the 1% (eg. posts by James Bond) which are actually thoughtful and considered. Posters here would also prefer to spend their time speculating and whinging about ICX this and that, rather than actually going off and doing some research and trying to figure out ways to solve their problems.

I for one am going to schedule an appointment with Gho to find out more, and will let you guys know how I go. Are you going to do the same gjb001? If so, it would be good if we could compare notes.

Thanks JB, great info. I have scheduled a appointment with Gho and will let you know how it goes. It is unfortunate that there is so much anger and misplaced energy on this site.

BTW, I found another forum which discusses Gho is more detail. The language of the site is Dutch, and reading it via Google Translater can be a little tricky, but you can get the gist of what people are saying. It looks like a couple of Dutch guys (one goes by the name Anton2) have been to Gho, with two posters expressing satisfaction with the result. Here are the links:

» » First off, I want to say that after a cursory reading of the posts on
» this
» » site, one quickly gets the impression that Coen Gho is not a reputable
» » scientist or dermatologist. But if you actually look more closely, this
» is
» » not the case at all, and I am at a loss as to why people are so angry
» about
» » Gho. Is it because he tried to develop HM and failed? I think we have
» to
» » mature about this and accept failure as a necessary step to success. In
» » fact, I recall one eminent Nobel Prize winning scientist saying that he
» » only achieved more success than his peers because he was willing to
» fail
» » more often.
»
» It at least in part was fueled by one particular poster who was refused
» treatment by a HT surgeon who posted at this site. If I recall, the
» surgeon cited the reason for the refusal as “patient mental unbalance” or
» something along those lines. I don’t know, the flame got so tedious, I
» lost track. As I recall, the poster grew very agitated at the HT surgeon
» and began a public Internet campaign to destroy the surgeon. The surgeon
» became angry and publicly threatened the poster. I have no idea of that
» surgeons credentials. For all I know he could have been full of BS or not
» full of BS. Things continued to heat up. As time went on, the poster’s
» hatred of HT doctors began to spread, and he started a personal smear
» campaign against Dr. Gho that had very little basis in fact. Many posters
» of this site who were unrealistically bitter about being bald jumped on
» the negativity bandwagon against Dr. Gho and the level of attacks
» continued to increase as did the unsubstantiated nature of the claims made
» again him.
»
» In those days, I warned that these style of attacks would cause Dr. Gho
» and other HM scientists to refuse to provide interviews and research
» updates to the public. In fact, we had come to expect yearly updates from
» Dr. Gho, but after the attacks, he stopped providing us the updates. Since
» that time, the only public interview I recall Dr. Gho has provided was
» arranged and provided by me. The owner of hairsite.com was kind enough to
» post the interview on his website. At that time, the attacks against Dr.
» Gho increased into a frenzy. I warned that I would not provide future
» interviews with HM scientists as I could not ethically continue to
» jeopardize their professional credibility. The attacks continued, thus I
» have never again posted interviews with HM scientists on hairsite.com. In
» fact, I think Dr. Gho’s interview was probably the last time any scientist
» ever provided an interview for this website. In short, the kind of behavior
» exhibited by some of the posters at this website was not only unethical and
» damaging to the people who were personally attacked, it was also damaging
» to the public’s interest and helped to fuel an outright information
» black-out.
»
» » Anyway, back on Gho: the guy has published in the British Journal of
» » Dermatology, which is a very respectable journal (please take my word
» on
» » this, as I live in the UK). Additionally, he recently spoke at a
» » conference chaired by the Royal Society of Medicine in the UK (see
» »
» http://www.bapras.org.uk/uploadfiles/meeting/RSM%20Flyer%20Feb%202008.pdf).
» » Again, this is a prestigious organization and they don’t get clowns to
» » speak at their seminars. So, the guy didn’t fully develop HM as
» everyone
» » here would like, but we should not make the mistake of dismissing his
» » other research or techniques(such as Hair Stemcell Transplantation)
» » because of whatever he failed to do with HM.
»
» I agree 100%, and I made a similar argument on this website repeatedly.
» But in trying to make my point, the delusional unsubstantiated attacks
» against Dr. Gho only increased in severity. You are one of the few posters
» who has looked at the scientific credibility of this researcher
» objectively. Believe it or not, the attacks were borderline insanity. Some
» posters claimed Dr. Gho didn’t exist and that the owner of hairsite.com
» made him up to drive up website hits. Others claimed that Dr. Gho was a
» real person but that he had no scientific credentials and had simply made
» up HM in order to bring business into his HT clinic. Others went on to
» claim that he falsified his claims about his HT technique and was nothing
» short of the worst and most evil con artist who graced the earth. The
» delusional attacks against this man are IMO a tradgedy. But as you have
» pointed out, this is par for the course of anybody who dare think in a
» futuristic manner and refuse to follow the safe and proven techniques
» preached from the rooftops by the herd mentality.
»
» » JB - you seem extremely knowledgeable on Gho and his techniques. My
» query
» » to you is, have you seen or heard from any former patients of Gho’s? It
» » seems a little surprising to me that no one is willing to talk about
» their
» » experiences with Dr. Gho. One explanantion could be because most of his
» » patients are Dutch, and typically do not visit English based sites such
» as
» » this one. Also, I saw the transcript of your interview with Gho and was
» » wondering what you think of the guy personally?
»
» The owner of this website is a former patient of Dr. Gho using the old FM
» technique. In addition to that, I met with and observed the results of one
» patient who had Gho’s old FM procedure. This patient claimed he recieved
» 80% donor regrowth. I had no way of verifying this claim, but I also had
» no reason to doubt his claim. IMO, the patient I saw was too bald to
» benefit from Dr. Gho’s technique, but he was happy with his result. The
» hair that was placed in the recipient area was nowhere near normal
» density, and I got the impression that Gho’s procedure moved too few of
» grafts to make that much of a difference in such a bald area. To put it
» into perspective, the bald area was huge, and the patient had planted
» something like 350 grafts there. He had previously used up his donor with
» strip surgery, so his delight was that he was able to continue HT using
» Gho’s donor stingy technique.
»
» Gho claims his new HST procedure provides a lot more grafts per procedure
» than the old FM procedure and that the donor regrowth is more consistent.
» In the study I provided that showed the donor regrowth with the old FM
» technique was about 72%, it is important to realize that this figure could
» not be counted on with FM. The regrowth was very inconsistent because
» follicles grow to various depths in the skin. There is no way to know how
» deep to transect the follicle, so there is no way to perform FM
» consistently. If you cut too deep, only the recipient graft would grow. If
» you cut too shallow, only the donor would regrow. If you happened to cut at
» just the right depth, you would get two grafts for one. As unbelievable as
» that seems, the fundamental research that proves this is possible was done
» as far back as the 1960’s.
»
» Gho claims he improved the consistency with HST by transecting the grafts
» horizontally instead of vertically. This allows him to see how to cut the
» graft as opposed to doing it blindly in the old FM procedure. The claim is
» that all you need is a portion of the follicle that possesses stem cells,
» and with the correct pre-treatment, it will regenerate.
»
» I have corresponded with Dr. Gho but have never personally met him. He has
» always been extremely polite to me and very forthcoming with my questions
» about HM research. I have for the most part not had a large interest in
» HST or FM, but I did focus on that subject in my interview with him as it
» perks my curiosity somewhat. Much like you, I wonder what can be
» accomplished with HST. I can’t provide answers about how well it works,
» because I know too little about it. I can say that after reading numerous
» research papers by the most famous hair researchers, I came to the
» conclusion that Dr. Gho’s claims about FM were fundamentally sound from a
» scientific standpoint. Everything he stated about the technique exactly
» matched with the scientific studies I had read. That is why I became so
» frustrated when I saw all the personal attacks Dr. Gho received. And it is
» why I have so many times stated that ICX HM was directly paralleling where
» Gho had already been, and that it was important that ICX phase II studies
» break real ground into the future or they could end up in a similar place
» as Gho. I’m not particularly down on ICX these days, but I am a little
» shocked they have abandoned phase III trials, because a few years ago I
» asked Dr. Gho his personal opinion of ICX, and he predicted they would not
» make it through phase III. I privately believed he was completely wrong
» about his prediction, so having it come to fruition has indeed been
» surprising.
»
» Is HST as scientifically sound as FM? I don’t know. I don’t know of a
» single person who has ever gotten it. Dr. Gho pretty much dropped off the
» map after the posters at hairsite and other forums mounted a smear
» campaign against him. I believe my interview (was it 2005?) was probably
» the last public info anyone has ever seen from Dr. Gho. He is mostly
» content to provide his services to local clients and stay out of the
» spotlight. I can’t say that I blame him.
»
» As to my opinion of Dr. Gho. I believe his scientific claims bear a lot of
» weight, but I have questions as to his skills as a surgeon. I have never
» seen a “dense” restoration come from his clinic. When I asked him about
» density, the numbers he provided sounded good, as he claimed he could give
» denser results than standard FM due to using a smaller needle. I have no
» way of verifying that statement, and I have never seen evidence that this
» is indeed possible.
»
» I have sometimes wondered if Dr. Gho’s expectations are out of line with
» patients because he has a full head of hair and thinks deeply about
» science as opposed to heading down to the local bar to try to pickup
» chicks. I think surgeons with full heads of hair are somewhat at a
» disadvantage when it comes to understanding the exact expectations of
» their patients. But my statement about this is purely speculative. I feel
» Dr. Gho’s intentions are 100% genuine. He is a human being subject to
» strengths and weaknesses like everybody else. I do not believe he is out
» to con anybody or rip anybody off. The real question is whether or not he
» can deliver a good HT and how consistent his donor regrowth procedure is?
» My belief is that Dr. Gho is an outstanding hair scientist. However, I
» suspect that he is a much better scientist than a HT surgeon because that
» is where he focuses his time.
»
» Since you live close to Gho, why don’t you make an appointment to go see
» him and some of his patients in person? That would provide you with a much
» better understanding of the potential results of his technique than I can
» provide you.
»
» » Finally, wishing all a happy Easter - take it easy guys!
»
» Happy Easter to you too! I hope you are able to get some good info on
» Gho’s technique. Please share anything you find out.

Yes, there are some people on this board who acted illogically when Gho didn’t provide HM in 2003 as he “promised.” You only have to look at the ICX backlash now to see how they reacted.

However, Gho did three things that, IMO, are the cause of his lack of reputation here.

Firstly, for some 4 or 5 years he enjoyed a Messianic status on this board - people waited on his updates like Moses waiting for the Word to descend from Heaven. Plus, he updated very rarely which increased tension on the boards. Now while he was fully aware of what he was doing (especially when he knew that he was nowhere near being able to offer it commercially - while all the time keeping the 2003 date alive, mind), I can forgive him for that as he isn’t responsible for the reactions of a bunch of semi-deranged, petulant baldies.

However, the two things he did which utterly ruined his credibility amongst the more rational posters were firstly to put Hair Transplant Patients on the “waiting list” for his HM procedure, a procedure he knew full well was never going to happen. Now I don’t care how good a researcher he is that is classic “bait and switch”, and shows a profound lack of scruples. Secondly, pictures of his HT work started to appear (believe it or not, for years people had been going to see Gho on the back of his “reputation” as an HM researcher and on a patient gallery on his website that consisted of drawings. Yes, pencil drawings), and it was BAD. Many of his results were cosmetically poor. Some could even be considered disfiguring, and in need of repair. Then after all this, the 2003 deadline passed, his clinic got taken over, and he disappeared from this site.

Personally, I never saw him as the HM Messiah that so many did so I never felt the wave of disappointment and resentment that others felt. But good researcher he may be. But he is a poor HT surgeon and his ethics are IMO, questionable.

» » » forget about Gho, he owes everyone an apology. no decent human being
» » would
» » » use HM to lure people to get a hair transplant
» »
» » Im new to this board and would welcome why Mr. Frodo feels this way
» about
» » Gho ?
»
» I’m like you gjh001. I’m not too sure why there is so much antagonism
» towards Gho. But there is one consistent theme in the attacks against Gho,
» and it is this: there is no logical reason behind them.
»
» I also find it funny that people get so angry about the fact that Gho
» supposedly promised HM and then failed … I mean, the dude did not
» promise anything - everyone pushed him for a deadline, and he gave his
» best estimate. That didn’t come to fruition, but that’s life.
»
» My frustration with this board in general is that 99% of the posts are
» rubbish, but you have to sort through all this crap to get the 1% (eg.
» posts by James Bond) which are actually thoughtful and considered. Posters
» here would also prefer to spend their time speculating and whinging about
» ICX this and that, rather than actually going off and doing some research
» and trying to figure out ways to solve their problems.
»
» I for one am going to schedule an appointment with Gho to find out more,
» and will let you guys know how I go. Are you going to do the same gjb001?
» If so, it would be good if we could compare notes.

Yes I am Leonard, Im actually going to work in The Hague in two weeks time so it will be easy for me to drive the 15 mins and find out all about the Hairstem replacement guarantees. When are you going to see him ?

» » » » forget about Gho, he owes everyone an apology. no decent human being
» » » would
» » » » use HM to lure people to get a hair transplant
» » »
» » » Im new to this board and would welcome why Mr. Frodo feels this way
» » about
» » » Gho ?
» »
» » I’m like you gjh001. I’m not too sure why there is so much antagonism
» » towards Gho. But there is one consistent theme in the attacks against
» Gho,
» » and it is this: there is no logical reason behind them.
» »
» » I also find it funny that people get so angry about the fact that Gho
» » supposedly promised HM and then failed … I mean, the dude did not
» » promise anything - everyone pushed him for a deadline, and he gave his
» » best estimate. That didn’t come to fruition, but that’s life.
» »
» » My frustration with this board in general is that 99% of the posts are
» » rubbish, but you have to sort through all this crap to get the 1% (eg.
» » posts by James Bond) which are actually thoughtful and considered.
» Posters
» » here would also prefer to spend their time speculating and whinging
» about
» » ICX this and that, rather than actually going off and doing some
» research
» » and trying to figure out ways to solve their problems.
» »
» » I for one am going to schedule an appointment with Gho to find out
» more,
» » and will let you guys know how I go. Are you going to do the same
» gjb001?
» » If so, it would be good if we could compare notes.
»
» Yes I am Leonard, Im actually going to work in The Hague in two weeks time
» so it will be easy for me to drive the 15 mins and find out all about the
» Hairstem replacement guarantees. When are you going to see him ?

I’m going to try to see him either in April/May, but have communicated with him a few times (via phone and email). He seems to be a very pleasant person to deal with. Maybe we can discuss offline? I willing to provide my personal email address here, but not sure how I can send it to you without everyone else knowing.

We treated an ex Gho patient last week.
First let me say that this guy is a a nw6 and received 1600 grafts. Dont ask me why they advised 1600 grafts, we all know that it is a drop in the ocean for a nw6.

This patient had been treated early last year, so the ‘new’ technique had been used.
We examined the donor area and concluded that no regrowth can be detected in the donor area, just tiny patches of white dots where no hair is growing, just like regular FUE.

I am sorry to report that we could not find ANY evidence of HM, cloning or any other kind of hair multiplication.

» We treated an ex Gho patient last week.
» First let me say that this guy is a a nw6 and received 1600 grafts. Dont
» ask me why they advised 1600 grafts, we all know that it is a drop in the
» ocean for a nw6.
»
» This patient had been treated early last year, so the ‘new’ technique had
» been used.
» We examined the donor area and concluded that no regrowth can be detected
» in the donor area, just tiny patches of white dots where no hair is
» growing, just like regular FUE.
»
» I am sorry to report that we could not find ANY evidence of HM, cloning or
» any other kind of hair multiplication.

How can someone promote something thay doesnt work, surely there must be some sort of control over advertising etc. Have you asked the patient to complain bverotti as this is quite an allegation you are making here.

» » We treated an ex Gho patient last week.
» » First let me say that this guy is a a nw6 and received 1600 grafts.
» Dont
» » ask me why they advised 1600 grafts, we all know that it is a drop in
» the
» » ocean for a nw6.
» »
» » This patient had been treated early last year, so the ‘new’ technique
» had
» » been used.
» » We examined the donor area and concluded that no regrowth can be
» detected
» » in the donor area, just tiny patches of white dots where no hair is
» » growing, just like regular FUE.
» »
» » I am sorry to report that we could not find ANY evidence of HM, cloning
» or
» » any other kind of hair multiplication.
»
» How can someone promote something thay doesnt work, surely there must be
» some sort of control over advertising etc. Have you asked the patient to
» complain bverotti as this is quite an allegation you are making here.

What we stated are facts, not fiction. We informed the patient about it, it is up to him wether or not he takes a legal ride.

Think of it : if the technique would work as promised, where are the patients with full restauration ?

» »
» » How can someone promote something thay doesnt work, surely there must
» be
» » some sort of control over advertising etc. Have you asked the patient
» to
» » complain bverotti as this is quite an allegation you are making here.
»
» What we stated are facts, not fiction. We informed the patient about it,
» it is up to him wether or not he takes a legal ride.
»
» Think of it : if the technique would work as promised, where are the
» patients with full restauration ?

As its a new technique it says photos arent available on the website yet.

Are you saying that the whole Stemcell replacement technique is a fake and doesnt work bverotti? Thats quite an assumption considering you are a Consultant in this field.

» ocean for a nw6.
»
» been used.
»

Thanks for sharing that. But how could you tell where the 1600 grafts were extracted from in the donor site? In order to prove that there is no regrowth in the donor, wouldn’t you need to examine EXACTLY the spots that were harvested?

» ocean for a nw6.
»
» been used.
»

I remember Dr Feller saying exactly the same thing after he had a consultation with a former Gho patient.

And if anyone really thinks that there is some kind of “Authority” that prevents people from making claims, then they are showing breath taking naivete…

we have been waiting for a big “result” via Ghos technique for many years now.

After all these years not one of his former patients has logged onto any of the forums and shown us pictures of his donor area with pictures of how much new hair is growing up front…not one in all of these years.

There are a few pictures on their website, but they are the same ones youve seen for years…nothing has changed

At best, the method can only move a very limited amount of hair in one day, so even if it worked perfectly one would have to have several surgeries over many years (has to be nine months between the surgeries at least) to really put alot of new hair up front. Thats the limitation with it even if he is having great success.

I am a former patient of Dr. Gho. I do not doubt that his technique works to a certain extent, as it has been proven on a number of cases. But unless the patient can verify the percentage of donor regrowth himself, it is going to be very difficult to convince people that he does have something special to offer.

Also, I recall Dr. Gho mentioned that the precentage of donor regrwoth varies from patient to patient. The range can be anywhere from 30% - 80%. Again, that is too wide a range to be meaningful for the patient.

If somehow he can overcome these obstacles with his technique, I am sure there will be a lot of demand for it.

I came to a conclusion that average user of any hair loss board lacks ability to distinguish a tale from reality. No wonder that there are ppl bashing Gho as there are ppl who believe ICX is a forgery now as well.

Every now and then some obvious scam artist posts some ridiculous claims about his discovery that is bound to deliver full head of hair in less than a half year and these people are worshiping it right away.

» I am a former patient of Dr. Gho. I do not doubt that his technique works
» to a certain extent, as it has been proven on a number of cases. But
» unless the patient can verify the percentage of donor regrowth himself, it
» is going to be very difficult to convince people that he does have
» something special to offer.
»
» Also, I recall Dr. Gho mentioned that the precentage of donor regrwoth
» varies from patient to patient. The range can be anywhere from 30% - 80%.
» Again, that is too wide a range to be meaningful for the patient.
»
» If somehow he can rectify these obstacles, I am sure there will be a lot
» of demand for his technique.

[color=purple]Do you have before-after pictures of your donor and recipitent area???/[/color]

» I came to a conclusion that average user of any hair loss board lacks
» ability to distinguish a tale from reality. No wonder that there are ppl
» bashing Gho as there are ppl who believe ICX is a forgery now as well.
NOBODY IS SAYING ICX IS A FORGERY, THEY ARE DISSAPOINTED WITH THE LACK OF TRIAL DATA BEING MADE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC—AND THEY ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE DATA FROM THE PREVIOUS TRIAL (13% TO 103% INCREASES ARENT MUCH IN AREAS THAT HAVE VERY LITTLE HAIR)
»
» Every now and then some obvious scam artist posts some ridiculous claims
» about his discovery that is bound to deliver full head of hair in less
» than a half year and these people are worshiping it right away. NOT ALL OF US EVER BELIEVED BAZAN OR DHI, I CERTAINLY DIDNT----IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO FOLLICA, THEY ARE A PUBLIC COMPANY HOPEFULLY ABOUT TO HAVE A REAL TRIAL WITH THEIR PRODUCT. EITHER IT WILL WORK OR IT WONT--------IF IT DOESNT, WE MAY BE WAITING A FEW YEARS FOR HM, CERTAINLY LONGER THAN 2009 OR ANY “LIMITED COMMERCIALIZATION” LIKE ICX HAD UP AS A POSSIBILITY ON THEIR WEBSITE ABOUT 2008 JUST RECENTLY

Like I said…no former Gho patient, AFTER ALL THESE MANY YEARS, has logged onto HLT, HLH, or Hairsite, or Regrowth.oom and put up their before and after pictures of a Gho procedure and shown us the donor and recipient area. You can find many happy ex-transplant patients of Cole, Armani, Hasson and Wong, Feller, et al who will gladly put of pics of their heads and donor areas these days. Its been many years now. Gho apparently isn’t much into advertising. If anyone is interested the best thing they could do I guess is go to his clinic and ask to meet with former patients I suppose.