Minoxidil, Floridil, Flutamide - Who Wins?

There are a lot of you out there VERY familiar with the “Topical” world of hair loss treatment. So please do invest 2 cents here for some of us hungry to know a bit more than our research tought us.

Minoxidil has personally thickened my hair when I used to use it. It was 5%, 2ml twice a day. Crown had some growth as well when I added propecia.

However, because I used so much of it and it poured down my neck and forehead, staining my pillow cases/sheets, and sometimes shirts, I stopped.

I’ve read Fluridil provided better results. Anyone with experience using Fluridil pls share your results, application, and opinion compared to other topicals.

Same goes for Flutamide. Is it really a powerful hairloss regrowth agent?

I’d like to add one of the 3 above (minox. flut, flor) to my daily intake of 0.5% dutasteride. My objective is to thicken up top centre of my scalp and crown area (zones 3 &4) along with regrowth especially. Will be getting a hair transplant for zones 1&2).

Please provide your knowledge.

topical anti-androgens (RU, Flutamide, Fluridil etc…) as a rule will not re-grow hair. they will maitain hair and thicken existing hair, so set your expectations right.
You might get a few “new” re-grown hair if you are lucky and the loss is very recent, but we are talking about a small amount of hair and again, i would not expect this.

El Dut, but I am a witness to myself that I had growth in my crown from minoxidil and propecia. I also know a handful of people in person that regrew hair from dutasteride like a chiapet.

If some claim flut/flor is more potent than minox then why can’t we expect some growth in addition to thickness?

But then again it’s very likely you’re right. Maybe the hair became so thick that we thought we had more hair growth.

Thanks for your input! I always enjoy reading your posts!

» topical anti-androgens (RU, Flutamide, Fluridil etc…) as a rule will not
» re-grow hair. they will maitain hair and thicken existing hair, so set your
» expectations right.
» You might get a few “new” re-grown hair if you are lucky and the loss is
» very recent, but we are talking about a small amount of hair and again, i
» would not expect this.

Who wins ? hair loss wins :smiley: Hair loss is well and alive and still has a great future.

anti-androgens alone can regrow hair, that’s correct, but only if the loss is recent. Difficult to put a number on the “recent”, that would depend on each person pace of hair loss, but in my case I saw new hair popping-up from areas totally bald for about 3 years. But agin, in total that represents about 5-6 hair maximum, at the hairline.
I don’t thin at the crown that much.

Back to your regimen…if you had success with Minox, don’t drop it to replace it with other drugs. Use a combo of all these drugs, in rotation. this is the best apporach for long-term steady results.

Flutamide is powerful but the sides can be strong
RU is good but expensive, a pain to purchase, not very stable and it also has some side effects.And RU has never been tested in humans…so we don’t know if there are other risks long-term.
Flrudil has no sides at all, tested in humans, easy to purchase and stable but is less powerful than RU or Flutamide.

Conclusion…use of combo of these drugs in addition to oral DUT. Use less of each drug…for example you can lower DUT to EOD, fluridil EOD…Minox at night …etc…
Dr Proctor always mentionned that a combo is the best approach to hairloss.

the winner is …

ROGAINE FOAM

Yes, you are absolutely right. Why should I stop something giving me great results? I will start Minox again starting tonight as I see absolutely no effets from Dutasteride alone yet.

My regim will be consisting of
dut + minox5% + saw palmetto + floridil(once I find its cost and how to get).

Once I reach the 1 yr mark, my dut will reduce to eod.

Minox is just so damn messy, but I guess I’ll have to manage.

When I go in for my hair transplant my hairline will be lowered and zones 1 & 2 will be really thickened. The last thing I want is to have a super thick zone 1 & 2 but balding greatly in zone 3 & 4 -Will look very odd, nor do I want to have to get a transplant in zones 3&4 when I can maintain the hair through meds.

Thanks.

» anti-androgens alone can regrow hair, that’s correct, but only if the loss
» is recent. Difficult to put a number on the “recent”, that would depend on
» each person pace of hair loss, but in my case I saw new hair popping-up
» from areas totally bald for about 3 years. But agin, in total that
» represents about 5-6 hair maximum, at the hairline.
» I don’t thin at the crown that much.
»
» Back to your regimen…if you had success with Minox, don’t drop it to
» replace it with other drugs. Use a combo of all these drugs, in rotation.
» this is the best apporach for long-term steady results.
»
» Flutamide is powerful but the sides can be strong
» RU is good but expensive, a pain to purchase, not very stable and it also
» has some side effects.And RU has never been tested in humans…so we don’t
» know if there are other risks long-term.
» Flrudil has no sides at all, tested in humans, easy to purchase and stable
» but is less powerful than RU or Flutamide.
»
» Conclusion…use of combo of these drugs in addition to oral DUT. Use less
» of each drug…for example you can lower DUT to EOD, fluridil EOD…Minox at
» night …etc…
» Dr Proctor always mentionned that a combo is the best approach to
» hairloss.

» Flrudil has no sides at all…

Except it causes dyslexia.

» » Flrudil has no sides at all…
»
» Except it causes dyslexia.

yeah i noticd thath too…butt wuolnt d you choose hair over dsyleksia ?

There is disagreement about what meds offer “regrowth” because people use the term differently.

One person’s “regrowth” is another person’s “thickening.”

One person’s “a lot of hairline improvement” is another person’s “cosmetically insignificant fine hairs.”

…and fluridil is now officially off my list.

» » Flrudil has no sides at all…
»
» Except it causes dyslexia.

» …and fluridil is now officially off my list.
»
»
Why? did you not like the product and/or didn’t give you results?

The possibility it may cause dyslexia. I can accept and put up with some side effects, but that’s not one of them.

» » …and fluridil is now officially off my list.
» »
» »
» Why? did you not like the product and/or didn’t give you results?

» The possibility it may cause dyslexia. I can accept and put up with
» some side effects, but that’s not one of them.

I hope you’re joking, just like I was…

I’ve heard some good things about fluridil (or floridil - sounds like Florida)and I was looking at giving it a shot.

My current regimen is pretty simple. Minox and Finasteride. The question I have to people, specifically those who have used fluridil or altered their minox regimens, fluridil is used once at night. So, I will need to reduce my minox to once per day (in the morning).

Can anyone comment on this or give some advice?

I am concerned because about two years ago I saw great regrowth with minox and finasteride and then I tried to switch to minox foam. Didn’t work out well for me. Switched back and got somewhat on track, but never quite the same.

If it aint broke - Don’t fix it.

Stick to your regime that currently works for you until you notice it depleting. If you want to add flur then use it about an hr after minox or vice versa. Don’t limit yourself to minox 1x daily. The real benefits are from twice daily.

» I’ve heard some good things about fluridil (or floridil - sounds like
» Florida)and I was looking at giving it a shot.
»
» My current regimen is pretty simple. Minox and Finasteride. The question I
» have to people, specifically those who have used fluridil or altered their
» minox regimens, fluridil is used once at night. So, I will need to reduce
» my minox to once per day (in the morning).
»
» Can anyone comment on this or give some advice?
»
» I am concerned because about two years ago I saw great regrowth with minox
» and finasteride and then I tried to switch to minox foam. Didn’t work out
» well for me. Switched back and got somewhat on track, but never quite the
» same.