MicroRNAs - new hair regrowth molecule could bypass stem cells

Is it not forgotten T-reg cell?
I think in the last 5 years I’ve heard at least 5 potential cells.
But it would be nice to have a cream that you can buy over the counter that regrows hair.
It would be Tsuji nightmare.
But we have to keep an eye on this one. Maybe they will start clinical trials soon and someone in the us could enroll.

1 Like

@Otter - No this is not a type of T-reg cells. The T-reg cells are immune cells. It’s good that you remember that one because we have to watch it as well.

These cells are DP cells. They cultured the DP cells in 3D (like Drs Christiano and Jahoda were doing) but they extracted exosomes from the cell cultures of those DP cells. Inside the exosomes they found a small molecule called microRNA. It’s the microRNA (maybe delivered by exosomes) that they want to use as a hair-regrowth treatment.

Remember exosomes? Some doctors have been using them as a treatment, but those were just ‘generic’ exosomes that weren’t the result of a 3D culture.

Generic exosomes are known to contain growth factors that stimulate the growth of the follicle. Generic exosomes are created by making stem cell cultures.

These are more ‘targeted’ exosomes containing microRNA that (supposedly) is a more powerful molecule that can stimulate hair growth better than the molecules in the generic exosomes.

The 3D culturing of the DP cells is the key here, that’s a way of “unlocking” the inductivity of the cells and making them much more useful to induce hair regeneration.

The stem cell bypass by the new hair regrowth molecule to imporove the hair growing by hair grafting …

Here is what Dr Ke Cheng, the kead researcher on the study at North Carolina State University said:

“Cell therapy with the 3D cells could be an effective treatment for baldness, but you have to grow, expand, preserve and inject those cells into the area,” says Cheng. “MiRNAs, on the other hand, can be utilized in small molecule-based drugs. So potentially you could create a cream or lotion that has a similar effect with many fewer problems. Future studies will focus on using just this miRNA to promote hair growth.”

So they are talking about a topical cream or lotion containing the miRNA, not using this as an augment to “hair grafting”. By “hair grafting” do you mean standard hair transplantation?

Another article on MicroRNAs

Hi Roger_that,

How are you doing ?
Would you please answer my posts in other threads ?
Please review my pictures !
Where are James Bond, Hanging _there, Bryan Shelton and others by the way ?!!

Thanks.

But WHEN is the most often desperately used word on all hair forums. When will is be released?

benji… jonhy the revelator !!!