Message for bucket and the natural

Hi there guys, been coming on the site for over 18 months now and been on finasteride for 6 years while just started using minox.

I’m really interested in trying bucket’s regime of: Coenzyme Q10, Tumeric (aka curcumin) root with resveratrol, L-Lysine but first would like to ask, 1: how is the regime working out for you, still a low hair fall? and 2: what are the doses you would recommend?

Obviously the Natural seems to be the most experienced in this field so would love to hear your imput? what dosages do you take yourself, and could you recommend anywhere to buy?

Really hope you get back guys, thanks for your time

Danny

Hi Danny,

Actually, what I read about the most (from people who take similar versions of my regimen) is how much better one feels: better mood, more energy.

Within a month, I believe a morning cocktail of supplements curcumin, resveratrol, and vitamin D3 will improve the condition of your scalp, and reduce inflammation; This could lead to less hair fall out.

I presently take one Jarrow curcumin, one Country Life resveratrol Plus, and one Carlson vitamin D3 every morning. I buy them online from iHerb.com.

Hope the helps!
TN

Thanks Natural, i think i’m definately going to give it a try. Actually hadn’t noticed you’d added vit d3 to your regime, has that helped in a significant way to your hair/health?

also noticed you were at one point taking vit e toco’s, was this having any effect or would you not recommend?

thanks again Natural

Sure Danny, no problem.

I added vitamin D3, after reading this:

Someone commented that vitamin D3 relieves them of stomach discomfort that is sometimes associated with the use of curcumin: It soothes.

And as you’ll read, vitamin D3 and curcumin are synergistic (work better in combination than they do individually).

Tocotrienols do have a positive effect on one’s hair and health. I believe that they thicken existing hair as well as increase energy and libido levels, but so does vitamin D3. I’ve found that its easier (more convenient) for me to just take vitamin D3 now, in combination with resveratrol and curcumin.

It is stated that a mere 1000 mg. of vitamin D3 a day cuts one’s risk of prostate cancer in half. And vitamin D3 is so inexpensive :ok: .

Hope this helps!
TN

» Hi there guys, been coming on the site for over 18 months now and been on
» finasteride for 6 years while just started using minox.
»
» I’m really interested in trying bucket’s regime of: Coenzyme Q10, Tumeric
» (aka curcumin) root with resveratrol, L-Lysine but first would like to ask,
» 1: how is the regime working out for you, still a low hair fall? and 2:
» what are the doses you would recommend?
»
» Obviously the Natural seems to be the most experienced in this field so
» would love to hear your imput? what dosages do you take yourself, and could
» you recommend anywhere to buy?
»
» Really hope you get back guys, thanks for your time
»
» Danny

Hey Danny. My regime is working very well. Started about a year ago after being on propecia for 5 years. Propecia started being less effective, so I read the natural’s writings and started it.

Here’s the thing though. I take so many things that I don’t know which specific one is actually helping, and which are not. I started them all at once, and I’m afraid to drop any of them because all I know is when I take them all, it works. I’m sure some are not needed.

So I use NOW brands from this site:
http://www.thecatalog.com/now-foods-.html#R

Here’s what I do to make it cheaper. I buy pure CoQ10 powder, which lasts over a year, and is much cheaper/weight than the capsules.

I buy the resveratrol as 200 mg, 120 vcaps. Now here’s a huge money saver: Open up the capsule, and only take half of it. Save the other half for tomorrow. It’s a pain, but it makes it last twice as longer, and this one is expensive.

L-lysine. Hmm, probably not even needed, but I take it to be safe, 500 mg. In general, it’s cheaper to buy more capsules than less. And you’ll go through them in your life, so might as well load up.

So that should answer your questions. But you should also know that I still take propecia also. Plus I use the nazoral shampoo every third day. I also take saw palmetto, maca, and omega-3.

And finally, I eat VERY healthy. In terms of getting lots of fruits and vegetables, eating low amounts of super processed/refined foods. I’m also a vegetarian. Don’t know if this matters or not, but just saying the facts.

So that’s what I do Danny. It’s a lot, but it works for me. I really want to drop the propecia cause it sounds like it is not needed according to the natural, but it’s too risky for me.

Thanks alot boys, much appreciated!!

i’ve decided i’m gonna give all four a try and see how i get on?

One last thing if you boys get the chance, firstly what doses of the resveratrol and curcumin do you both take daily?

and also the vit D and CoQ10 powder?

Sorry for all the questions but i much appreciate your time.

thankyou

Danny

» Thanks alot boys, much appreciated!!
»
» i’ve decided i’m gonna give all four a try and see how i get on?
»
» One last thing if you boys get the chance, firstly what doses of the
» resveratrol and curcumin do you both take daily?
»
» and also the vit D and CoQ10 powder?
»
» Sorry for all the questions but i much appreciate your time.
»
» thankyou
»
» Danny

I buy resveratrol in 200 mg capsules, and take half of it a day. So 100 mg/day. For CoQ10, I buy pure powder, which comes with a 25 mg spoon. I take a heaping spoonful with this daily.

For vitamin D, be careful. I haven’t used this, but I know it is a fat soluble vitamin, like retinol-A. It is very easy for D to build up in your system and overdose, so don’t take more than 100 RDA/day. I would go with 100 every other day personally.

We should supplement with no less than 1000 IU of vitamin D3 daily, according to my readings.

I have been piecing together some information which is pertinent to this discussion on D-3. I am not a medical authority, so I am just presenting this as my inference based off of a few facts. If you want to get to the main point skip to paragraph 4. For a brief explanation, read on:

I am a medical student, and in anatomy we have been covering the endocrine system this past week. In summary, when your blood calcium level is high, the thyroid gland initiates a series of reactions which ultimately result in a lower level.

And when the level is low, the parathyroid starts a series which results in a higher level. One event in that series is stimulating the kidneys to release calcitriol, which is the active form of D-3 made in the skin (calcitriol then works to raise the blood calcium level).

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? Because the body works by feedback. Meaning that the more D-3 you take, the less your body will produce (because it can detect it is already there). So by taking D-3, you are causing your body to not produce its own; substituting synthetic for natural. There are some nutrients we have to take in: calcium, vitamin-C, etcetera. However, D-3 is made by our bodies.

In conclusion, while I can not say as a fact that oral D-3 doesn’t help hair loss, I can infer from common sense that it is possibly dangerous to take in great quantities. Remember, it is 1)naturally produced inside us and 2) fat soluble (it is going to stay in you for a long time). In my opinion, taking 1000% of your RDA is way too much. It will compound, and make the level so high, that your body will not produce its own.

I take D-3 myself. But I take 100% of my RDA about every 4-5 days. And if I spend a day outside, and soak up a lot of sun, I add even more days. It’s ok if you disagree with me. I just want you to be aware of this before you decide to take D-3.