» to
» » sell you snake oil.
»
» Well there is one. I just wanted to find at least one to give you a hard
» time :slight_smile:
»
» Nutritional factors and hair loss - PubMed
»
» It alludes to a double blind study of iron and lysine for women shedding.
» It seems that Lysine was used as it is involved with iron transport. All
» the same…:stuck_out_tongue:

its got to be because of the increase in l cartinine l tartrate!

l lysine is known to increase l cartinine levels.

» Do you believe EVERYTHING you read on every smarmy Web site (the one
» promoting lysine for hair loss)?? There is no serious medical research
» that supports the use of lysine for that purpose. I think the people who
» took out that “patent” are just trying to make a buck. Caveat
» emptor
, for chrissake.

Medical research aside, I started taking L-Lysine to curb herpes outbreaks (works like a CHARM btw), and after dosing up for a week, looked in the mirror today with shock as I realized that my eyelashes are suddenly ridiculously thick.

Now, I’m a woman, and I don’t have hairloss issues (actually, the opposite, I’ve got great thick hair), but I was JUST complaining to my roommate about how the hair I’ve got to pluck out is suddenly seeming way darker and coming in faster than usual.

After noticing the eyelashes? (which is not something that can be easily exaggerated–I’ve always had very very fine lower lashes) I’m thinking that the L-Lysine actually IS pumping up production of whatever hair-enhancing things there are. It’s coming in faster. And thicker. And, incidentally, darker. Which is great, I tried eyelash enhancers early last year and they only improved them a little bit.

So, no, maybe there’s no medical research. And maybe I was just missing out on Lysine in my diet, and this is how thick and fast my hair is supposed to be growing naturally. But hey. Works for me!

» » Do you believe EVERYTHING you read on every smarmy Web site (the one
» » promoting lysine for hair loss)?? There is no serious medical research
» » that supports the use of lysine for that purpose. I think the people
» who
» » took out that “patent” are just trying to make a buck. Caveat
» » emptor
, for chrissake.
»
» Medical research aside, I started taking L-Lysine to curb herpes outbreaks
» (works like a CHARM btw), and after dosing up for a week, looked in the
» mirror today with shock as I realized that my eyelashes are suddenly
» ridiculously thick.
»
» Now, I’m a woman, and I don’t have hairloss issues (actually, the opposite,
» I’ve got great thick hair), but I was JUST complaining to my roommate about
» how the hair I’ve got to pluck out is suddenly seeming way darker and
» coming in faster than usual.
»
» After noticing the eyelashes? (which is not something that can be easily
» exaggerated–I’ve always had very very fine lower lashes) I’m thinking that
» the L-Lysine actually IS pumping up production of whatever hair-enhancing
» things there are. It’s coming in faster. And thicker. And, incidentally,
» darker. Which is great, I tried eyelash enhancers early last year and they
» only improved them a little bit.
»
» So, no, maybe there’s no medical research. And maybe I was just missing out
» on Lysine in my diet, and this is how thick and fast my hair is supposed to
» be growing naturally. But hey. Works for me!

Congrats Alice, I am glad it is working for you. I read Prote’s post and he claims it may be causing liver damage, I have never thought about that, I hope that is not true. I have been using Lysine for several years now, I use it even more during flu seasons , it seems to be able to enhance my immune system. I used to get sore throat and flu symptoms very easily but not anymore ever since I started taking Lysine. So it’s not just for my hair, it helps me a lot in other ways too.

L-lysine is an important protein that can’t be made in the body systems of animals. Solely vegetation and additionally microorganisms have the capacity to synthetize this important amino from the aspartic acid. Amino acid lysine is a major component of almost all health proteins located in the body system. It’s present in a tiny quantity in cereal products, whilst pulses are actually a substantial supplier of amino acid lysine. A few essential vegetable sources of amino lysine happen to be soy bean, standard beans, lentils, zoysia grass gourd, and additionally green spinach. Apart from all these, beef, particularly beef, and then chicken, eggs, cheeses plus some seafood for instance cod and additionally sardines are usually the high sources of amino lysine.

Deficit of L-Lysine

A deficiency of amino lysine may lead to the creation of kidney stones and also other health conditions like a feeling of sickness, faintness, appetite loss, tiredness, anemia and even conditions linked to the reproductive system. A low-level of l lysine dosage could also cause a low level of the thyroid hormonal agent, symptoms of asthma and also longer virus infections. Because it is a important amino, their insufficiency could restrict the ordinary speed of growth. On the other hand, we could obtain the needed quantity of amino acid lysine inside our diet. It adheres together with carbohydrates and so, in the event of significant consumption of sweet cereal products, the human body finds it hard to take in amino lysine. In these instances, you can get amino lysine health supplements.

Profollica Hair Loss Treatment - http://www.profollica.com Just wanted to write and say that I’m VERY satisfied with my purchase.

Tried lysine and many other treatments. None work which is why people resort to prescription drugs or even surgery. I have moderate hair loss so I was able to fix it with propecia (finasteride). Its hard finding from a reputable site.