Losing hari for 8 yrs now need some help!

Hello everyone…i have been on Propecia, Nizoral 1% ( just switched to Niz 2% off and on for the past year) and ultra hair vitamin country life for the past 8 yrs or so. Thepast year or so I have been losing ground and starting to thin in the front more…i dont lose much hair in shower or during hte day…maybe like 10-20tops but i feel that they are not growing back…What can i add to my regimen to kick start regrowth??? l-lysine, grape seed? i hear those are good. Is propecia losing its effect…i mean for the first 5 yrs it was perfect…i was gaining, no loss and after year 7 it startd going down hill, but i dont get massive sheds and all? What should i do??

Thanks

This thread may help: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-59065.html

» Hello everyone…i have been on Propecia, Nizoral 1% ( just switched to Niz
» 2% off and on for the past year) and ultra hair vitamin country life for
» the past 8 yrs or so. Thepast year or so I have been losing ground and
» starting to thin in the front more…i dont lose much hair in shower or
» during hte day…maybe like 10-20tops but i feel that they are not growing
» back…What can i add to my regimen to kick start regrowth??? l-lysine,
» grape seed? i hear those are good. Is propecia losing its effect…i mean
» for the first 5 yrs it was perfect…i was gaining, no loss and after year
» 7 it startd going down hill, but i dont get massive sheds and all? What
» should i do??
»
»
» Thanks

Consider adding a topical - Terminal 1 and 2 by Elsom Research looks good.

There are some interesting developments likely to happen over the coming years in the topical field so its best to maintain what you have and thicken.

A reduction in Estradiol may be required.

If your Testosterone levels are falling you want to boost that.

If your getting oiliness/hairloss addressing the upregulation may be required.

Regards
Pete

Some things to think about.; Try adding Saw Palmetto along with Propecia. Or upping your dosage of propecia. There is always Avodart.

Have you tried Rogaine?

Do you take a hair vitamin that includes Biotin??

You might also want to try adding Lysine.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6136860/description.html

We have also discovered that administration of lysine to patients results in a dramatic increase in the efficacy of known treatments for genetic hair loss (which term covers a number of conditions variously referred to as androgen-dependent alopecia, androgenic alopecia, androgenetic alopecia, common baldness, female baldness, diffuse hair loss and male pattern baldness).

Thus, in a further aspect of the present invention there is provided a kit including a plurality of separate containers, each containing at least one active agent useful in a combination therapy for the treatment of genetic hair loss, wherein said kit includes L-lysine and at least one further active agent selected from minoxidil, anti-androgens, 5α-reductase inhibitors, aromatase inhibitors and corticosteroids.

There is also provided a therapeutic combination for the treatment of genetic hair loss comprising L-lysine and at least one further active agent selected from minoxidil, anti-androgens, 5α-reductase inhibitors, aromatase inhibitors and corticosteroids.

Typical examples of anti-androgens which can be used include cyproterone acetate, spironolactone, medroxyprogesterone acetate and flutamide which can, for example, be formulated for oral or topical administration. Type I, type II or mixed type I and type II 5 α-reductase inhibitors can be used, e.g. finasteride. A typical example of a suitable corticosteroid is dexamethasone.

In a preferred embodiment, the kit comprises L-lysine and at least one further active agent selected from minoxidil and one or more anti-androgens, which are preferably chosen from cyproterone acetate, spironolactone and medroxyprogesterone acetate. In a particularly preferred embodiment, the kit comprises L-lysine which is formulated for oral administration and minoxidil which is formulated for topical application.

The co-administration of L-lysine with known treatments for genetic hair loss such as minoxidil and anti-androgens results in a significant improvement in the efficacy of the treatment. The reason for this improvement in efficacy is not currently understood.

» You might also want to try adding Lysine.
»
» http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6136860/description.html
»
»
»
» We have also discovered that administration of lysine to patients results
» in a dramatic increase in the efficacy of known treatments for genetic hair
» loss (which term covers a number of conditions variously referred to as
» androgen-dependent alopecia, androgenic alopecia, androgenetic alopecia,
» common baldness, female baldness, diffuse hair loss and male pattern
» baldness).
»
» Thus, in a further aspect of the present invention there is provided a kit
» including a plurality of separate containers, each containing at least one
» active agent useful in a combination therapy for the treatment of genetic
» hair loss, wherein said kit includes L-lysine and at least one further
» active agent selected from minoxidil, anti-androgens, 5α-reductase
» inhibitors, aromatase inhibitors and corticosteroids.
»
» There is also provided a therapeutic combination for the treatment of
» genetic hair loss comprising L-lysine and at least one further active agent
» selected from minoxidil, anti-androgens, 5α-reductase inhibitors,
» aromatase inhibitors and corticosteroids.
»
» Typical examples of anti-androgens which can be used include cyproterone
» acetate, spironolactone, medroxyprogesterone acetate and flutamide which
» can, for example, be formulated for oral or topical administration. Type I,
» type II or mixed type I and type II 5 α-reductase inhibitors can be
» used, e.g. finasteride. A typical example of a suitable corticosteroid is
» dexamethasone.
»
» In a preferred embodiment, the kit comprises L-lysine and at least one
» further active agent selected from minoxidil and one or more
» anti-androgens, which are preferably chosen from cyproterone acetate,
» spironolactone and medroxyprogesterone acetate. In a particularly preferred
» embodiment, the kit comprises L-lysine which is formulated for oral
» administration and minoxidil which is formulated for topical application.
»
» The co-administration of L-lysine with known treatments for genetic
» hair loss such as minoxidil and anti-androgens results in a significant
» improvement in the efficacy of the treatment. The reason for this
» improvement in efficacy is not currently understood.

»

Hello thanks for the info guys! I have just added lysine to my regimen im on day 3 now taking 1000mg like the study says. I have been on ultra hair by country life for over 3 yrs which is an awesome vitamin might i add…my testosterone levels are high like 850 or somethinh they are over the regular level. my doc said it was due to propecia…will the lysine make my hair fill in behind my hairline…i bought soem grape seed extract heard that is good. i dont want to take saw palmetto heard that interferes with prop…not on minox scared of major shed…anyoen have good results on lysine…how long does it take to kick in??