Looking for a good surgeon at a good price

I have been researching on where to go for a transplant. I was considering Dr. Brandy and Associates in Pittsburg, but they require an additional EKG and blood work on top of the procedure, which is around $7,100. Can anyone recommend someone comparable in skill yet a bit more cost effective? Thanks.

» I have been researching on where to go for a transplant. I was considering
» Dr. Brandy and Associates in Pittsburg, but they require an additional EKG
» and blood work on top of the procedure, which is around $7,100. Can anyone
» recommend someone comparable in skill yet a bit more cost effective?
» Thanks.

We require Bloodwork at the Alvi Armani clinic before a patient has a procedure, this is to ensure the patient is in good health and physically fit for a procedure and to ensure everything goes smoohtly on surgery day.

The average cost to the patient for such bloodwork is 150 dollars.

» I have been researching on where to go for a transplant. I was considering
» Dr. Brandy and Associates in Pittsburg, but they require an additional EKG
» and blood work on top of the procedure, which is around $7,100. Can anyone
» recommend someone comparable in skill yet a bit more cost effective?
» Thanks.

before you do anything, hang around hairsite and learn a little.

also know what you are going to get. don’t let your expectations get ahead of reality.

so again before you go under the knife, learn all you can from the people here and maybe visit a few people who have had hair transplants so you can judge what the outcome will be and if its satisfactory.

don’t just rush in or you will regret it.

Collins,

7,000 dollars for a procedure is pretty low cost, most top clinics are around 13,000 - 17,000 dolalrs for a good size procedure.

How many grafts are you getting?

I have no knowledge of the doctor you mentioned, but I do want to say that a Hair transplant is not something you want to have based on who has the lowest price.

The result you get will be on the top of your head will be there for life, so choose you doctor based first on results and 2nd on cost.

Whatever you do do not go to brandy. This doctor is the one who ruined my scalp and also topcat went to him. He was sued in 1996 by a person who was so disfigured that he tried to commit suicide. Brandy lost the lawsuit and does not perform his " Hairlift" procedure any longer but beware he is a snake. After I was so scarred he told me to go and find the lord. If you want a minister go to him if you want good results STAY AWAY from him.

All such threads and comments sound like supermarket 2.0 comments:

The Best thing you do is wait and gather informations.

As far as i can tell AVOID FUT (Strip Procedure) at all costs

The fact that you are considering Brandy says you really haven’t done much research and seriously need to wait and learn more about this industry.

You should look at a HT like having major heart or brain surgery. If things don’t turn out as planned, it can have a serious effect on your life. No one in their right mind would attempt to save a few bucks when their life or well being is on the line. Well a bad HT can have a devastating effect on your life, so you need to choose wisely.

The forums are a great way to start, but you need to meet patients in person to actually know what a HT can achieve. You also need to speak to patients in person or on the phone. The forums are also used as a very effective marketing tool.

All one has to do is look at history. Many of the butchered patients of the past read about their clinics in health type magazines where the doctors were highly praised and their few showcase results were shown. Nothing has changed here except the form of media, which has become the internet.

Be very aware of any red flags. There are plenty of patients here who have posted horrific results with present day highly touted doctors. But their postings have been buried in the past and only the long time vets are aware of the truth.

You are welcome to speak to me on the phone, it’s a great way to get started. I do this because I feel a moral obligation to help others avoid my fate.