Leflunomide (Follica method) - hair loss as a side effect

The more I read about Leflunomide, the more concerned I am about its effects on hair. There seems to be such a consistent complaint about “hair loss” after a few months on the stuff. It’s one of the two or three top complaints about it.

Yeah, yeah, we’re talking short-term use for Follica’s purposes . . . but does that really change the issue? On AskaPatient.com (admittedly not a very balanced source of feedback) there are people complaining about the hair loss effects after taking it internally for only a matter of weeks. That’s not so different from the usage that we’re hoping will HELP our hair. Wounding or not, I would not expect something like this to leave anyone’s hair worse off than before if it’s supposed to do what we want.

Do we really know why it’s having such bad hair effects on long-term users and why we should be hopeful that it will do MPB sufferers any good at all? I have a hard time believing this stuff won’t just leave MPB sufferers worse off than before.

What about topical versus internal usage? (But wouldn’t it be just as bad for hair either way?)

Any thoughts on any of this?

» The more I read about Leflunomide, the more concerned I am about its
» effects on hair. There seems to be such a consistent complaint about “hair
» loss” after a few months on the stuff. It’s one of the two or three top
» complaints about it.
»
»
» Yeah, yeah, we’re talking short-term use for Follica’s purposes . . . but
» does that really change the issue? On AskaPatient.com (admittedly not a
» very balanced source of feedback) there are people complaining about the
» hair loss effects after taking it internally for only a matter of weeks.
» That’s not so different from the usage that we’re hoping will HELP our
» hair. Wounding or not, I would not expect something like this to leave
» anyone’s hair worse off than before if it’s supposed to do what we want.
»
» Do we really know why it’s having such bad hair effects on long-term users
» and why we should be hopeful that it will do MPB sufferers any good at all?
» I have a hard time believing this stuff won’t just leave MPB sufferers
» worse off than before.
»
»

ten days of leflunomide for brand-new hair follicle formation (even though it will probably be topical getfitinib) and you are worried about existing hair?
Caffeine inhibits epidermal growth factor and you were wanting to put it on your scalp and try to cop follica’s process at home even though the patent explicity states the epidermal growth factor inhibitor has to be a small molecule-NON NATURALLY OCCURING compound…but you are afraid of what will probably be about 5-7 days usage of an arthritis drug? Getifitnib has hypertrichosis of nose hair on top of the nose as a side effect, so perhaps some other facet of leflumonide is causing the long term hair loss in patients…but who in the hell is on an arthritis medication for less than at least a few MONTHS. You are thinking abou this stuff too much.

It will be a year before they have finished their trials and release data (although I wish they’d get them started over the summer), before we know for certain that their process works in human bald skin (even though Im very inclined to think it could thicken up the existing donor area).
»?

Geez, sorry I asked. (And I don’t remember ever saying anything about caffine.)

I just thought it seemed like a sensible issue to raise; we’re hoping something that is known to cause HAIR LOSS will help us. Forgive me if I don’t wanna get my hopes up for Follica in vain.

It’s gonna be a long year.