Laminin-511 for sale

Researchers suggest that a protein called Laminin-511 could be used to promote hair growth in humans. Thus far, it has shown positive results when tested on mice, and Dr. Peter Marinkovich thinks it could become available for humans in just two years.

The Laminin-511 protein works at the boundary between the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin, transmitting signals between them. Laminin-511 is naturally found in both mice and humans, according to Marinkovich, who has been researching the protein since 2001.

“It’s exciting,” he said. “It’s not really saving any lives or anything, but hair loss can be devastating to people, even traumatic. [Laminin-511] could improve the quality of life.”

Generally, drug research starts at the disease and moves toward a cure. However, Marinkovich started with the protein and started looking at which diseases it had an effect on.

“It was an accident,” he admitted.

The estimated two-year development time for Laminin-511 will involve petitioning the FDA to start clinical trials and planning a means of safely mass-producing the treatment for the public, Marinkovich said. If the FDA approves the treatment for humans, it could open the doors to further Laminin-related treatments for diseases.

A less misleading and slightly less retarded topic name would be “Laminin could be entering 10 year FDA trial in a couple of years according to some dude”. :sleeping:

» A less misleading and slightly less retarded topic name would be “Laminin
» could be entering 10 year FDA trial in a couple of years according to some
» dude”. :sleeping:

p don’t know what your retarded post is about, but the link provides a place where you can buy laminin 511 right now. Go back to your hole.

Holy smoke, that’s 500 EUROS!

I want to see more independent studies before I fork out that kind of money.

» p don’t know what your retarded post is about, but the link provides a
» place where you can buy laminin 511 right now. Go back to your hole.

Then I beg your pardon. I assumed the text was from the link and not from somewhere else. Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll head back to my hole.

» The leading primary cell culture system on the market - BioLamina
»
» Researchers suggest that a protein called Laminin-511 could be used to
» promote hair growth in humans. Thus far, it has shown positive results when
» tested on mice, and Dr. Peter Marinkovich thinks it could become available
» for humans in just two years.
»
» The Laminin-511 protein works at the boundary between the dermis and
» epidermis layers of the skin, transmitting signals between them.
» Laminin-511 is naturally found in both mice and humans, according to
» Marinkovich, who has been researching the protein since 2001.
»
»
» “It’s exciting,” he said. “It’s not really saving any lives or
» anything, but hair loss can be devastating to people, even traumatic.
» [Laminin-511] could improve the quality of life.”
»
» Generally, drug research starts at the disease and moves toward a
» cure. However, Marinkovich started with the protein and started looking at
» which diseases it had an effect on.
»
» “It was an accident,” he admitted.
»
» The estimated two-year development time for Laminin-511 will involve
» petitioning the FDA to start clinical trials and planning a means of safely
» mass-producing the treatment for the public, Marinkovich said. If the FDA
» approves the treatment for humans, it could open the doors to further
» Laminin-related treatments for diseases.

Wonder if anyone on this forum will purchase it and try it.What would the dosage be for humans?/how long would the 500 euro size last someone?

Heady research: Stanford study finds molecule triggers hair growth in mouse embryos
Share this via…

* email Email
* Facebook Facebook
* Digg
* del.icio.us Del.icio.us

By ERIN DIGITALE

STANFORD, Calif. — Comb-overs might not be the only solution for those who are losing their hair. A molecule that prompts hair follicle development in utero might one day be used to treat hair loss or combat excess hair growth.

Scientists at the Stanford University School of Medicine used genetically engineered mouse embryos to demonstrate that the molecule, called laminin-511, signals embryonic stem cells in the skin to start growing hair. The signal may also prompt development of other organs, such as kidneys and limbs.

“Now we have a signal protein that can support the microenvironment for hair development, and maybe also for hair renewal,” said Jing Gao, MD, a postdoctoral scholar in epithelial biology. Gao is the lead author of a paper describing the finding published in the Aug. 1 issue of Genes & Development.

Early in mammalian development, laminin-511 sets up a conversation between stem cells in the two outer layers of the skin. The top layer, the epidermis, is separated by an intracellular space from the skin layer below, called the dermis. Laminin-511 helps bridge the gap between layers. The epidermis pumps out laminin-511, which crosses to the dermis and stimulates dermal cells to grow tiny, antennae-like projections that pick up epidermal signals.

“Laminin-511 acts at the crossroads between cell compartments, helping the cells communicate,” said senior author Peter Marinkovich, MD, associate professor of dermatology and a member of the Stanford Cancer Center. “It works through antennae called primary cilia.”

In addition to spurring formation of primary cilia, laminin-511 triggers a chain reaction of biological signals that travel back and forth between the dermis and the epidermis. The signals, which are sensed by the primary cilia, start hair follicles growing in the dermis.

Laminin-511 made hair grow at a specific stage of embryonic development in mice, equivalent to about the 8th month in human pregnancy, but the researchers are hopeful it might work later in life, too. They’d like to put their findings to work against hair loss.

“There are a lot of different causes of hair loss,” Marinkovich said. Further research will test whether any forms of hair loss are influenced by laminin-511, he said.

“Injecting laminin-511 into the skin might, under some circumstances, promote hair growth,” he added.

If laminin-511 triggers hair growth after birth, Marinkovich expects it would be easy to use as a drug. Because the molecule acts between skin layers, rather than inside a cell, it could simply be injected into the area of skin where hair was lacking.

Cancer chemotherapy patients might be good candidates for testing laminin-511’s ability to regenerate hair, Marinkovich said. Sonic hedgehog, a signal protein that the study showed was activated by laminin-511, has some ability to encourage hair regrowth in chemotherapy patients, a hint that laminin-511 might help reverse chemotherapy hair loss.

In addition, injecting antibodies against laminin-511 might block hair growth, providing a potential alternative to current treatments such as laser hair removal.

To deduce how hair follicles form, Gao compared skin from normal mouse embryos to skin from mouse embryos genetically engineered to be deficient in laminin-511. She observed changes in gene activity and skin structure as embryonic development progressed.

Gao also developed a new assay, soaking pieces of skin in baths of signal molecules to check which signals made hair grow. The new technique, which Marinkovich characterized as “elegant and simple,” has already garnered attention from other scientists who study hair growth. “The hair researchers were quite surprised with this assay,” Marinkovich said, noting Gao’s method is much easier than the genetic techniques typically used to examine skin development.

Gao and Marinkovich say their work has implications beyond explaining how hair follicles mature.

“Our finding that laminin-511 stimulates primary cilia formation was pretty surprising,” Gao said. Primary cilia, the cellular “antennae” she observed, also help drive formation of the kidneys, craniofacial structures and limbs.

At Stanford, Marinkovich and Gao collaborated with Mindy DeRouen, a doctoral student in dermatology; laboratory assistants Chih-Hsin Chen, MS, and Ngon Nguyen; Michael Nguyen, an undergraduate student, and Anthony Oro, MD, PhD, associate professor of dermatology and member of the Stanford Cancer Center. The team also included scientists at Harvard Medical School, Osaka University in Japan and Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. The research was supported by two grants from the National Institutes of Health.

» »
» http://biolamina.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=53
» »
» » Researchers suggest that a protein called Laminin-511 could be used
» to
» » promote hair growth in humans. Thus far, it has shown positive results
» when
» » tested on mice, and Dr. Peter Marinkovich thinks it could become
» available
» » for humans in just two years.
» »
» » The Laminin-511 protein works at the boundary between the dermis
» and
» » epidermis layers of the skin, transmitting signals between them.
» » Laminin-511 is naturally found in both mice and humans, according to
» » Marinkovich, who has been researching the protein since 2001.
» »
» »
» » “It’s exciting,” he said. “It’s not really saving any lives or
» » anything, but hair loss can be devastating to people, even traumatic.
» » [Laminin-511] could improve the quality of life.”
» »
» » Generally, drug research starts at the disease and moves toward a
» » cure. However, Marinkovich started with the protein and started looking
» at
» » which diseases it had an effect on.
» »
» » “It was an accident,” he admitted.
» »
» » The estimated two-year development time for Laminin-511 will
» involve
» » petitioning the FDA to start clinical trials and planning a means of
» safely
» » mass-producing the treatment for the public, Marinkovich said. If the
» FDA
» » approves the treatment for humans, it could open the doors to further
» » Laminin-related treatments for diseases.
»
»
» Wonder if anyone on this forum will purchase it and try it.What would the
» dosage be for humans?/how long would the 500 euro size last someone?

Says it’s 500 euros for 100 micrograms? That’s only 0.1 milligrams. How would you even make something usable from 0.1 milligrams?

Here we go again, some companies trying to profit$$$ from a study that was done in mice. Thanks but no thanks. I have said this many times,there are hundreds of studies that were done in mice sadly very rarely do they produce the same results in humans.

» Here we go again, some companies trying to profit$$$ from a study that was
» done in mice. Thanks but no thanks. I have said this many times,there are
» hundreds of studies that were done in mice sadly very rarely do they
» produce the same results in humans.

Where do you see someone trying to sale this as a hair growth product. The company is selling laminin-511 as a protein to use in experiments with mouse stem cells.

The Stanford study was published last year. Look it up on the internet. nowhere in that article does someone say to inject this in your head and you will get hair.

The two are not related. Do a little reading so you don’t have to make ignorant comments.

» Says it’s 500 euros for 100 micrograms? That’s only 0.1 milligrams. How
» would you even make something usable from 0.1 milligrams?

You add it too a solution.

» » Says it’s 500 euros for 100 micrograms? That’s only 0.1 milligrams.
» How
» » would you even make something usable from 0.1 milligrams?
»
» You add it too a solution.

Yeah, but is it usable? That was the question. I think there is 3000 mg of minoxidil in a 60 ml solution. I know they aren’t the same chemical, but can you really use 30000 times less and get results? 0.1 milligrams is hardly anything.

There seems to be someone claiming to have used this and had a lot of regrowth, I know it sounds ridiculous and it’s more than likely just another attention seeker. Someone from the messageboard where this guy posted about this got in touch with the company who sells it, and the are trying to find out if the guy is telling the truth as well.

The thread is on HLH for anyone interested, it doesn’t look like we’re allowed to post links to other sites.

Like I said it’s probably nothing but a troll, but I thought I’d post about it just in case the guy isn’t lying.

Laminin-511 is actually in ACell I believe. Which is why I was interested in those HT docs using it. How much Laminin-511 is in there though or whether or not other ingredidents in ACell interfere/minimize Laminin-511, I have no clue.