Knock-Out Cole vs. Hasson&Wong

To Stir the pot: Docs and reps encouraged imput

Keep questions/ answers short… too long people get tired of reading:

1.Who would you prefer Cole or H&W

1. Strip or Fue or in this case CIT

2. Both Doctors claim low transection what do you think?

My view both outfits top of their game… if transection is same why get sliced up
in strip…H&S have better frontal hair design. My verdict Flat

Cole: would need to “up” his temple angle closures:
H&S: Im partial to fue unless fue is inferior to strip If H&W did FUE
They would control a large part of the industry

H&W not only has superior, natural hairline results, it also seems to consistently get great coverage for the amount of grafts. The latter might be partially a result of fewer transection issues as well as H&W’s placement technique. As for FUE, I think the best results I’ve seen come from Dr. Bisanga, HDC and a couple of others…

I can’t offer any advice on the techniques but aesthetically speaking Hasson&Wong hairlines are definitely my favorite.

Decide what you want to achieve. Then look at each clinic and find evidence to show that they can deliver what you seek and go to them. It’s simple.

Jotronic

1. What advantage do you think H&W have over Cole?
  2. Do you think Strip is needed when Cole can deliver same % transection rate?
  3. Why wont H&W do Fue? is strip that far more superior?

If Hasson and Wong offer fue, a lot of fue doctors will be out of business :slight_smile:

IMHO there is too much focus on hairlines in the HT world. People should be focusing a lot more on the density & coverage shape of the rest of their head.

Most people don’t really know what a hairline is supposed to look like. They only start looking at it when the rest of the head looks fishy and they can’t put their finger on exactly why. Then they start scrutinizing the hairline.
If the rest of the head looked natural, then even a pretty mediocre hairline would have gone unnoticed to most people. But if the rest of the head looks unconvincing in some way, then even a REAL natural hairline won’t sell it.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
IMHO there is too much focus on hairlines in the HT world. People should be focusing a lot more on the density & coverage shape of the rest of their head.

Most people don’t really know what a hairline is supposed to look like. They only start looking at it when the rest of the head looks fishy and they can’t put their finger on exactly why. Then they start scrutinizing the hairline.
If the rest of the head looked natural, then even a pretty mediocre hairline would have gone unnoticed to most people. But if the rest of the head looks unconvincing in some way, then even a REAL natural hairline won’t sell it.[/quote]

I am not sure if I agree with that, I say framing the face is the most important as it sets the tone for the rest of the head, you need a carefully designed hairline in order to frame the face properly without looking weird or unnatural.

I think you are doing this wrong, wouldn’t it make more sense to find out whether you want to have strip or fue first and then you narrow down which doctor? What are you are doing is like comparing apples and oranges unless you are talking about just the artistic skills.

If Cole can improve his Acell PRP consistency to 50% regeneration for all patients, then there is no reason not to go to him.

Cole is still innovating and wins this contest in my opinion.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by CueBallBob[/postedby]
H&W not only has superior, natural hairline results, it also seems to consistently get great coverage for the amount of grafts. The latter might be partially a result of fewer transection issues as well as H&W’s placement technique. As for FUE, I think the best results I’ve seen come from Dr. Bisanga, HDC and a couple of others…[/quote]

Dr. Bisanga and HDC learned and trained FUE by Dr. Cole, your comment doesn’t make sense.
I also think you should decide between FUE and Strip, if you want strip then go with H&W. If you want FUE then go safe with Dr. Cole.

Both are great to consider restoring your hair, If you want FUE then Dr. Cole is an artist in hairline creation and design, he is also a master in FUE and knows the ins and outs of any aspect of it.
You can submit a consultation to either clinic and check, to make free photo consultation with Dr. cole you can use this link:

Dr. Cole has performed over 8,000 strip surgeries and transitioned over to FUE beginning in 2002. We had one of Dr. Cole’s strip patients visit us Monday. He had his surgery just after the turn of the century. His scar was about 1mm wide and the best strip scar I have ever seen. Our patient’s hair on top looked 100% natural and this was from the era when many doctors were still placing unnatural looking mini grafts.

FUE is a specialized skill that takes time to master. Many doctors including existing strip doctors don’t have the patience or desire to learn FUE. FUE is a general term and doctors have very different methods of performing it. Neither strip or FUE is scarless. FUE done correctly by a skilled physician will nearly always allow a patient to wear a shorter hair style without the appearance of scarring.

“Forhair” who posted above, visited our office for a few weeks. I knew he had a procedure several years ago, and somehow I thought it was strip. He wears his hair very short in the back and I commented; “Dr. Cole did a great job, I can’t see your strip scar at all.” He replied, “I didn’t have strip, I had FUE.”

The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Hey gang tks for replies:

As I stated earlier im slightly afraid of strip I just
don’t know if there are any real benefits to have it done. Any Strip
enthusiasts? Fue seems to be cutting edge. I just wish Cole had his
temple angle closure set like Armani and Umar team.

Maybe im being hyper critical to Cole.

[quote]Hey gang tks for replies:

Maybe im being hyper critical to Cole.
[/quote]

44guy,

There are big differences in how Dr. Cole’s clinic and H&W address hairline design so it comes down to being more of an issue of strip vs. FUE. I don’t want to get into a battle of strip vs. FUE because quite frankly, I think both have merit which is HIGHLY contrary to what some will have you believe.

Bottom line is this. As I said before, look at the results that best mimic what you want to achieve and go there as long as you have similar characteristics. Whatever I say or they say, make sure that the evidence is there to back it up. That is what it comes down to. Density in one shot? We can show you. Big megasessions? How many examples do you want? There really is no other way to go about it because in the end, all the bickering and nitpicking over details is just that, bickering and nitpicking but the results speak for themselves.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by 44guy[/postedby]

Maybe im being hyper critical to Cole.[/quote]

Some of the glamorous low teenage hairlines don’t look so great in person. I have included some images of our patients who came to us to have a low, transplanted hairline removed and restored. One of the photos represents a patient who later lost hair behind the grafts, leaving an unnatural island of hair.

The patient with the black hair has no known family history of hair loss, just minor adult recession. He hated the unnatural looking grafted low hairline and thought his adult hairline looked better.

The patient pictured with the stubble had his low hairline/closed temples surgically removed. Laser removal was unsuccessful.

The gentleman pictured with the lighter hair is an example of about as much temple closure Dr. Cole is comfortable with. This particular patient with the lighter hair has great donor characteristics and very little loss in his mid forties.

The man with the dark hair pictured in the shot from above shows a classic example of unwanted natural recession that can dramatically be improved while retaining a 100% natural look. Upon close examination, you simply can’t tell this patient had hair transplant surgery.

The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by 44guy[/postedby]

Maybe im being hyper critical to Cole.[/quote]

I just learned something new. If you want to use your donor to the fullest, I think you will need to go for strip. This is what I gathered from reading this post, the patient initially had FUE and later decided to go for strip instead in order to get the maximum grafts possible.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-126358-page-0-order-last_answer-category-2.html

interesting HMorHT

I wonder??

1. Could FUE / Strip fall into norwood zones? Best Fue for up to class 3
    ??? …Strip for class 3 and above?

2. Strip is for low donor area? no body hair ??

The only other question is guys that have gone for 3 Fue transplants were
those guys the ones with excessive donor area??

44guy,

What is your hair loss like? Do you have photos you can share? I think that will put your situation into a better perspective for us all.