Ketokonazole 2%

Hello guys,

My doctor just prescribed me keto 2% for my dandruf…i have been using the 1% Nizoral and its not working as well or at all…my hair looks like snow after i shower…lol…does this stuff work better for hair loss…will i grow hair with it…i heard something about a japanese study…anyone using 2% in here…what should i expect??

Nizoral contains 2% Ketoconazole,an anti-androgen that is not absorbed into the bloodstream. Its effectiveness is about the same as 2% Minoxidil.

» Nizoral contains 2% Ketoconazole,an anti-androgen that is not absorbed into
» the bloodstream. Its effectiveness is about the same as 2% Minoxidil.

Is the Niz cream better than the shampoo?? I am confused…should i just keep using hte niz 2% shampoo and propecia…or use the cream after i use the shampoo…how long do i keep it in for??

Shampoo is better.
No need to use cream after using shampoo.

» Shampoo is better.
» No need to use cream after using shampoo.

How do you know that???

Generally for scalp problems shampoos work better than creams.

» Generally for scalp problems shampoos work better than creams.

i don’t think you have any evidence for that at all. When a shampoo is applied one would expect that any residual chemicals are washed away when the hair is rinsed. There is no reason to think that a chemical will get trapped in the dermis in just a few mins. If you apply a cream then it is not washed away.

The general point is that one doesn’t necessarily know what one instinctively thinks that one knows. That is why we do science and publish results. Again is there anything to support your comments???

I use keto 2% every other day. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. This works, no doubt. I also get a little sideeffect of this, so it must go in the bloodstream.

» I use keto 2% every other day. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. This
» works, no doubt. I also get a little sideeffect of this, so it must go in
» the bloodstream.

I have been using keto 2% now for about 3 weeks…good stuff make my hair feel thicker…but i dont know about new hair growth yet…i guess its to soon…but i dont see a loss of hair either…i use it every other day for 5-10 mins on scalp…then rinse…

» » I use keto 2% every other day. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. This
» » works, no doubt. I also get a little sideeffect of this, so it must go
» in
» » the bloodstream.
»
» I have been using keto 2% now for about 3 weeks…good stuff make my hair
» feel thicker…but i dont know about new hair growth yet…i guess its to
» soon…but i dont see a loss of hair either…i use it every other day for
» 5-10 mins on scalp…then rinse…

Wait a year before talking about regrowth…