Keratene shampoo

I just ordered this to give it a try. Has anyone here tried it before and seen any results?

keratene

Says it contains beta sisterols and will reduce hair loss.

No, it looks like just another salon product, none of this is going to grow hair. A lot of products contain beta sis and saw palmetto, if that is all that we need nobody is buying minoxidil and propecia anymore.

» No, it looks like just another salon product, none of this is going to grow
» hair. A lot of products contain beta sis and saw palmetto, if that is all
» that we need nobody is buying minoxidil and propecia anymore.

Thanks, that was what I was afraid of. :frowning:

Do you know any shampoo or DHT blocker topical that can work with Minox? These guys claim their topicals dont work with Minox. That sux even more.

Ven, the info you posted is not accurate.
The guys say: it is compatible with minoxidil, with restrictions.
It means kératene does work with minoxidil[/b], but to avoid chemical stress on the skin, they recommend using the products with a minimum 12 hour break between applications. Read carefully the details in the help section. It’s all there.
The rationale behind the advice is that many users feel tempted to combine all sorts of things and/or use a higher dosage and/or use weird mixes of substances that can work not exactly in a synergistic way and end up with boils, rashes, irritations, dark circles, severe shedding and all sorts of things on their head.
The shampoo is not exactly “another salon version”, it’s sold by several good clinics in Europe , with some great user feedback. Now, considering those doctors don’t just risk their name for “a” shampoo, it is safe to state that they probably tested it on their own before rolling it our into sales to their patients.
It’s certainly not a “hair grow miracle”, it’s a therapy for the maintenance of the hair you have now.
The shampoo contains saw palmetto (probably market-driven or so otherwise I don’t imagine why would they bother) plus more things, but it doesn’t rely solely on that ingredient (see the full story also in their help section).
Hope the info helps, but I wouldn’t recommend you to try them as I assume you’re more interested in generating some solid growth instead of managing your current hair density. You should look more into the conventional therapies, perhaps a hair transplant. That would fix your problem for a long time.

Thanks Damian. Your information is far more comprehensive and useful than in the products website, which seems to be geared more towards flashy fancy graphics than useful, easy to read information. For instance, the 12 hour break between Minox is simply not there.
If you are a Keratene rep or know them, please have them revamp their website and product documentation to be more customer friendly.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by ven[/postedby]
I just ordered this to give it a try. Has anyone here tried it before and seen any results?

Says it contains beta sisterols and will reduce hair loss.[/quote]

I doubt a shampoo alone will make much difference, there are other more effective options out there such as Propecia and minoxidil. I had tried different topicals and shampoos before, I think so far Propecia and minoxidil are the ones that actually keep most of my hair.

Well said, shampoo can do very little for hair loss. You should look at the topicals that Alecbaldone uses, he posts in the research forum, I have more faith in Alec than a shampoo with fancy name.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by ven[/postedby]

Says it contains beta sisterols and will reduce hair loss.

[postedby]Originally Posted by Lucky[/postedby]

I doubt a shampoo alone will make much difference, there are other more effective options out there such as Propecia and minoxidil. I had tried different topicals and shampoos before, I think so far Propecia and minoxidil are the ones that actually keep most of my hair.[/quote]