JUSTIN2RUE\'s after pix in harsh flourescent office lighting

All of the pix above are of my normally styled,dry hair with “Got 21 B Glue” Hair Gel. My scalp is positioned apr. eight inches away from flourescent office overhead lighting. All these pix were shot with my cellphone on January 22nd 2011. To answer TryingTwo’s questions- When I first started losing my hair back in early 2000,my thinning was confined to just the very front hairline. However ,by 2004 my loss was over the entire front AND vertex of my head. I began using Rogaine in I think February of 2000 at two times a day. I kept that exact regimen amount until late 2004 when I got so dissapointed from it not working,that I completely STOPPED Rogaine for several months. Then,sometime in early 2005,I began to become so mad that Rogaine didnt work,that I went back on at double the normal dosage almost in spite of my self. lol. Kinda a strange reason,I know. I sorta demanded that Rogaine work for me! lol. I wasnt going to take defeat. My decision to double up on generic Minox was eased since I knew that Costco was offering the Kirkland Signature brand at rediculously low bulk prices! 2005,2006,2007,and 2008 came and went on my new regimen. Those were the darkest years of my life… Nothing “seemed” to be working. Its hard to think of why I didnt stop taking the Minox considering how depressed I was. Part of me was stubborn,the other part was that I was definetly afraid that if I were to give up my regimen,I would lose even more hair and be TOTALLY bald within a year. I didnt want that. Its funny,I was SO depressed that I didnt take it seriously when men and women,family and strangers alike began making nice comments in regards to my “thick” hair. I completely blew the comments off. Finally around 2009 roughly,thats when I think it hit me. One day it hit me rather swiftly after stepping outa the shower with my hair soak and wet. I looked in the mirror with the yucky harsh overhead lighting . Even with wet hair,even with bad light,my hair was…full again. All those people that I thought were just being polite,I knew then that it ws true. My stubbornness actually worked. Then from 2009 until the end of 2010,I just kept monitoring how thick my hair had become and whether or not I was having any serious sheds. I was also waiting to see If maybe I was wrong but it was clear,my hair was pretty much back to normal,the way it had been years ago in my twenties(im now 37). I didnt want to come to Hairsite.com and post anything on the Forums until I was DEAD SURE. I didnt want to be posting false info and let so many people down. I had been through my rough share of let-downs by crack pot’s posting bogus success stories and pix here. I hope my recollections and pictures have aided at least some of you. There is HOPE. Not for everyone,but at least some!!! All the best guys. Warmest regards, Justin2rue

»
»
» All of the pix above are of my normally styled,dry hair with “Got 21 B
» Glue” Hair Gel. My scalp is positioned apr. eight inches away from
» flourescent office overhead lighting. All these pix were shot with my
» cellphone on January 22nd 2011. To answer TryingTwo’s questions- When I
» first started losing my hair back in early 2000,my thinning was confined to
» just the very front hairline. However ,by 2004 my loss was over the entire
» front AND vertex of my head. I began using Rogaine in I think February of
» 2000 at two times a day. I kept that exact regimen amount until late 2004
» when I got so dissapointed from it not working,that I completely STOPPED
» Rogaine for several months. Then,sometime in early 2005,I began to become
» so mad that Rogaine didnt work,that I went back on at double the normal
» dosage almost in spite of my self. lol. Kinda a strange reason,I know. I
» sorta demanded that Rogaine work for me! lol. I wasnt going to take defeat.
» My decision to double up on generic Minox was eased since I knew that
» Costco was offering the Kirkland Signature brand at rediculously low bulk
» prices! 2005,2006,2007,and 2008 came and went on my new regimen. Those were
» the darkest years of my life… Nothing “seemed” to be working. Its
» hard to think of why I didnt stop taking the Minox considering how
» depressed I was. Part of me was stubborn,the other part was that I was
» definetly afraid that if I were to give up my regimen,I would lose even
» more hair and be TOTALLY bald within a year. I didnt want that. Its funny,I
» was SO depressed that I didnt take it seriously when men and women,family
» and strangers alike began making nice comments in regards to my “thick”
» hair. I completely blew the comments off. Finally around 2009 roughly,thats
» when I think it hit me. One day it hit me rather swiftly after stepping
» outa the shower with my hair soak and wet. I looked in the mirror with the
» yucky harsh overhead lighting . Even with wet hair,even with bad light,my
» hair was…full again. All those people that I thought were just being
» polite,I knew then that it ws true. My stubbornness actually worked. Then
» from 2009 until the end of 2010,I just kept monitoring how thick my hair
» had become and whether or not I was having any serious sheds. I was also
» waiting to see If maybe I was wrong but it was clear,my hair was pretty
» much back to normal,the way it had been years ago in my twenties(im now
» 37). I didnt want to come to Hairsite.com and post anything on the Forums
» until I was DEAD SURE. I didnt want to be posting false info and let so
» many people down. I had been through my rough share of let-downs by crack
» pot’s posting bogus success stories and pix here. I hope my recollections
» and pictures have aided at least some of you. There is HOPE. Not for
» everyone,but at least some!!! All the best guys. Warmest regards,
» Justin2rue

Congrats on your success, and thanks for posting! Could you perhaps provide a picture of someone else’s hairloss that would be comparable to yours before you started the routine you’re on now?

Hi Stabboned,How are you? Dude,thats a good idea! Its been frustrating for me that I dont have any real “before” photographs and I think your idea of a solution is great. Ill start hunting tonight for a pic on google image search. Might take a few nights for me to find one as Id like the photo to be as EXACT a match to my diffuse hairloss pattern as possible. Before I go,I will tell you right now that off the top of my head soccer player David Beckham’s diffuse thinning pix(with a buzzed haircut) from 2008 come pretty darn close. Anyone remember those pix when they were circulated 3 years ago? Id say my thinning was just a tad more severe than his though. Still,almost an exact match. Best, J

You mean this one? Now how the hell did he regrow his hair ? :

BTW, there’s an interesting document on a japanese company’s website about MPB. It states that while balding men have the same number of follicles as full haired men, the difference is that hair shaft diameter is vastly thinner for balding men.

I’m guessing your continual and consistent use of minox caused your hair shaft diameter to expand into overdrive. Your hair on top is without doubt as thick as a wall. It looks like a mop. It looks great.

I’m still on my 2X a day regiment. I use the kirkland crap at night (man is it ever greasy) and the rogaine foam in the morning. Do you do anything else that’s different after putting on the stuff? Do you blow dry your hair with hot/cold air perhaps? I’d like to replicate your regimen exactly. Maybe using hot air after putting in minox was the secret, who knows?

here’s the document from the japanese company’s website. they are doing some MPB product related research but anyways. Look at the pic of those 3 guys with their hair under the microscope. The two balding guys have the same number of follicles but the hair shaft diameter is vastly reduced compared to the full haired guy. I think that’s what’s happened in your case - hair shaft diameter into overdrive due to minox :

http://www.rtechueno.com/en/company/business/documents/Whatisandrogeneticalopecia_100326up.pdf

Assuming the photos are genuine and that you have no Dermatch/Toppik etc. in your hair then those results are simply astounding.

There’s a problem though:

Think about it guys, do you really want to put 1 ml of greasy minox on your head FOUR times a day?! It’s tough enough to manage twice a day, I can’t possibly see someone sticking to four times for a considerable amount of time.

If the guy said 2ml, twice a day (same volume overall) then maybe I could see it possible, but 4x a day sounds far too difficult to manage, especially for those with busy schedules etc. Imagine trying to make your hair presentable at meetings after slapping on some Kirkland’s?

Don’t mean to be a wet blanket, but this IS a tough regimen for most to maintain.

LOL, Theres nothing wrong with having doubts about someones regimen,and yes,since putting on the Minox FOUR times a day IS an absolute pain in the rear,alot of times ill apply a double dose in the morn and then another double dose at bed to make my four times per day quota. I dont doctor my photos in any way,. Thats one of the reasons Ive shot so many and with TWO very different lighting sources. I respect evryones opinion and ill tell you what,its a HUGE,FLATTERING compliment to know you think maybe I used derma match and topik becuae I guess that means ypou think my hair looks REALLY thick? As far as my exact methods of applying the Minox,ive stated that in earlier posts. I only use a blow dryer once in a while so I doubt that has had an effect. In regards to the article about thin hair follicles. ITS TRUE. Ive know for years that many guys with thinning have the SAME amount of follicles as guys with full heads of hair. Thatys why its called THINNING hair. The article Freddie posted was great,thanks! As for Beckham growing his hair back? I BET he went on a mix of Rogaine and Propecia. His hair does look good but it does NOT look as thick as it used to,its not as thick and healthy looking. In that respecty,his loss is JUST LIKE mine as well!! My hair is good and im no longer balding but my hair DOESNT have the same dark shine and ultra thick quality it had like in my twenties. My hair is full but the quality just isnt like it used to be. I hope that helps clear things up. All the best!! J

… Wow,it is DEFINETLY a compliment to know some of you think I use a hair filler like darma match. You REALLY think my hair looks that dense? btw,I SHOWED you guys my hair right outa the shower in direct UP CLOSE lighting in my previous set of photographs. It isnt obvious that theres no powder or paint on my scalp? I just looked at the pix I posted a few weeks ago on this very forum and I made sure you could SEE that my scalp had no coloring or topic “cob webbing”. Oh well,I tried.And btw,YES,it really is hard to apply Minox four times a day.Especially the itch but guess what? I have a full head of hair now and that is PRICELESS to me. I pay THREE DOLLARS a month to have a full head of hair. THREE. Not 25 grand(total cost of a good translplant final look). My life completely changed for the better. My girlfriend was one of the stars of ESPN’s “Making the Squad” and an ex Miami Dolphin’s cheerleader. I am SURE that the success I had could also happen to YOU.I sincerely want the best for you guys. …Its why I came to post.

I’m happy for you, man, I really am. Your results are probably one of, if not the best, I’ve ever seen.

All I was pointing out was how difficult it would be to apply a greasy topical like Kirkland 4 x a day. I imagine you must wash your hair a lot, especially since you use gel/paste to style it?

I only wash the very top of my scalp every week and a half. I wash the full sides and back every night but I like the Minox to be on the top of my scalp uninterupted as long as possible. So once again,I only wash the very top of my hair just once every ten days. It may be a bit rediculous but it works for me and ive come way too far to be changing my routine now. I do NOT recommend that part of my regimen to everyone reading. I just wanted to tell you guys because I wanted to be completely open about what I do. Thanks for the reply JWM!! I appreciate your honest feeedback and respect your opinion. Im glad you were straight forward and again,its a huge compliment that you questioned my after photos. All the best to you! Best regards, J

Hey Justin, thanks for posting those pics. Great results man. It’s interesting you only wash the top of your head every 10 days. How often do you rinse it with water? One more question, does hair loss run in your family on your mothers or fathers side? Washing with shampoo once every week and a half could be a big part of your success. The theory about homeless men having thick hair because they rarely wash it could apply here. Add minox to the mix and we get stunning results. Who knows. Thanks again for taking the time to come back.

Hi TryingTwo,Whats new? Glad you liked the pictures. To answer your questions- My grandfather on my Mother’s side was mostly bald by the time he was in his early 50’s. My Father and his Dad had ALL of there hair even though my Dad’s brother went bald by his 30’s. As for rinsing the top of my hair? No. I do not wash or water the very top in any way except for once every ten days. Its funny,I heard about that theory about homeless men not being bald due to never washing a few years ago. I wonder. It DOES seem strange that so many times,men notice there progression of balding when?..when they step out of the shower. I dont know,maybe thats a bit silly but Im certaintly not going to change my routine now. I like having the Minox on my scalp UNINTERRUPTED for as long as humanly possible.

Thanks for the reply Justin and for your continued indulgence in my and others questions. How long have you only washed your hair once every ten days? How did you come about that? I’m going to try it. It can’t hurt and may give some extra volume. I’m surprised it doesn’t gunk up a little but if it works for you it must be practical. Thanks again. Have a nice day.

Hi guys, could you please tell me hich Nizoral to use?

Im looking at the boots web page and they have a choice of two, dandruff or anti - dandruff?

Thanks in advance

well justin bro i have read all your post in three threads u have created, i am 21 and not bald at all but i am a diffusing thinner, i m losing many hairs fr0m the top of my head but my hairline is still fine. I am using min0xdil for its cure fr0m last 7 m0nth and it helps me s0mehow in thickening of my hair but still they are falling slowly and i am losing my top hairs at slow pace now. I m inspired by ur posts and now from yesterday i am applying min0xdil 3 timez a day instead ov 2 times. I m just afraid of hairs on my face as i am noticing already a vry tiny hairs all over my face even on my nose :frowning: , can u post pic of your face so i can know how much hairs this regime had grown on your face. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Justin, how do you manage to apply the minoxidil on your scalp if you’ve got stylinggfel in your hair? I mean, you wash your hair only once every ten days, right? If you’ve got stylinggel in your hair and you’d apply minox and would rub it in, then you’d also rub in the hairgel into your scalp.

Hi Bukowski and everyone! Whats up? Ill answer evrything on Monday. Be sure to go through my posts and read what I had to say about rubbing in the Rogaine too though. See you guys back here tomorrow. Best regards, J

Real quick,I dont apply gel to my scalp,just my hair. The Minox goes onto my scalp with the applicator. Thats what I use to gently rub it in with little circular motions. Best, J

man i don’t know how you can go 10 days without washing your hair but maybe that explains why its so thick (the hair gel is still in there!)

mystery solved.

lol, Theres only gel in the pix above,not in the other set I posted last month! The hair gel DOES make my hair feel thicker though. YES,it was very hard to get used to my routine of only shampooing my hair every tenth day. Hope everyones doing great. Whats up Freddie? Best of luck guys,. J