Just a reminder

Just a reminder… tomorrow Sunday is the radio show.

Will it be possible for you to post a transcript of the conversation that takes place on the radio show? I know the Minister of Propoganda, Joseph “hairsite” Goebbels will lock or delete the thread but I would be very interested to read what is said.

What I will do Damon is record the entire show… good or bad and post a link to listen to it. I don’t think David wanted to lock the previous thread. I am sure he was “told” to do so by the Atlantans.

I am a little nervous but then again I’m ready. There was a major poster here named “DJ” that is going to call in and have some interesting revelations. Do you remember this guy?

I don’t ever recall a guy called “DJ” What was his story?
Oh man I hope this is picked up by some major newspapers then makes its way to 20/20 or 60 minutes.

Hairtech,

No need to be nervous. I was on his show a few months back. It was supposed to be for 20 minutes but it wound up being more like two hours. I was on talking about the laser comb myth and the differences in FDA approval. It was fun to do and Spencer makes it relaxing. It’s like you’re hamming it up with a bunch of college buddies. Have fun.

Due to time difference I wont be listening to the life version.
Please post a link if it can be downloaded.

Bart

===
Consultant for Prohairclinic Belgium
FUE only institute since 2004
Specialized in FUE megasessions

Hey Jotronic… I am glad you came to this thread… The reason why I even considered it was because of you. No joke. I spoke to Spencer about you at length. In fact if you don’t mind I will plug H&W as a clinic that has obviously become the gold standard in the strip excision.:slight_smile:

Damon I implore you to put “DJ” in the search here on hairsite…

I have been posting since 2003. However, i did not post as much in the past. It seems that there is a new generation of posters now a days. The only old school posters left are folks like Jotronic, balloonman, me…

Anyway DJ is a phenomena. He is one out of about 3 or 4 BHT cases that was completely successful. i mean seriously. Out of 300 failed BHT cases he(DJ) got good growth. What is sad about his case though is how he got to where he is. Not only did he have a “Brandy Lift”, he was scarred the hell up by Nuhart also. DJ was the only patient I ever have seen to have sued an HT doctor and actually win… a class action lawsuit if you will. The suite did not amount to much recovery but he still won.

When I first ran into DJ was when I worked down in the dirty south in Atlanta. He had had so many procedures that his donor area had been completly depleted. In fact when the wind blew, his donor area comb over would expose his scalp. He was very upset… Well he was the first BHT patient down there. He was the first and almost only successful BHT that repaired some of the disasters created by other doctors.

Even then did that somewhat successful BHT come with a price. Not only did his success drive that doc to perform BHT on practically every patient that walked in the door. DJ spent much of his time promoting that doc.

Well anyway, he has a great story to tell and he is supposed to call in tonight.

beware of the grassy knoll. good luck

So I think it went pretty good except that at the end Spencer dogged out forum posting. I mean Spencer has his group… And we have our group.

I mean I respect his “radio” folks, but there is a place for forums.

So as much as he plugged his show, websites, IAHRS, etc… I wish he would support patient advocacy on the web more than completely dismissing it.

So also he(Spencer) says that I cannot dispense the show on any website yet, which bothers me. I will ask him again to at least provide clips to people that did not get to listen in.

At least I plugged hairsite and mentioned Marco as a good poster.

Actually I was very disappointed in the show. I felt that Spencer cobran was just full of self advertising and 50% infomercials, everything that he denounces. The extent to which he criticised Hairsite and advertised his new forum suggested that even his criticisms are suspect. I was also unimpressed that he commented on Dr. Arvind without any knowledge at all again something that he denounces.

» Actually I was very disappointed in the show. I felt that Spencer cobran
» was just full of self advertising and 50% infomercials, everything that he
» denounces. The extent to which he criticised Hairsite and advertised his
» new forum suggested that even his criticisms are suspect. I was also
» unimpressed that he commented on Dr. Arvind without any knowledge at all
» again something that he denounces.

I agree with Marco. Spencer Cobran is a total hypocrite. The web is full of misinformation and is essentially a trap for the potential hair transplant customer? No shit! Tell me something I don’t know. Of course it is full of biased information because of paid sponsors but there is also plenty of good information that is easily dissected if one does his homework. So what makes The Bald Truth a better venue? He has a list of HT surgeons in his little hand picked “Glee club”? What exactly makes these guys stand out from Docs that post on this site? Oh- they don’t engage in debates with the confrontational “poster”. So what exactly does he do to qualify his group as “Holier than thou”? Its funny- I looked at this IAHRS and found the doc who was associated with the hair mill that fu@ked my head up. I guess that makes him a good candidate- at least 2-3 years prior experience at PAI or better yet Bosley because they “Have gotten so much better”.

And for the record…When he commented on Dr. A using sandles in Surgery… and since the poster “V” and I have battled here, I just want Dr. Ruby, Dr. Sanjay, and Dr. A to know that I took up for them.

Well, I agree MPB and Marco… I mean really, why have an experienced tech on ONLY to talk about the negativities in HT.

Oh well, I chalk this up as a neutral experience. I won’t change the way I post. I wont change my personality. If I see something out of wack on the internet I will voice my opinion.

Oh one last thing. When Spencer briefed me he never said he had an open line for my friends to call in. In fact he told me that it would be difficult for callers to get through. So at the end when he made fun of forums and posters and called my friends cronies, that was kind of a let down.

On a positive note… DJ from this site got to call in and Eternal hope got to say his peace. I think I am going to figure out a way to get involved in a more open radio environment soon and get someone like DJ to get the word out there.

:expressionless: