Joey - 400 FUHT grafts (14 mth update) NW 6 patient

Patient Nicknamed Joey is a NW 6 patient and has undergone the first stage of hair restoration focussing on the frontal and hairline areas. He intends to transplant the vertex and crown areas in subsequent sessions.

He is pleased with the progress of his first stage. In the 1st stage, as is customary, we also transplanted a few beard hair grafts for him (complimentary). The healing is exceptional and the beard hair grafts have grown on the recipient area (albeit retaining their original characteristics).

Well, if this is a 4000 graft session then it would be helpful to see the birdseye view to get an impression.

» Patient Nicknamed Joey is a NW 6 patient and has undergone the first stage
» of hair restoration focussing on the frontal and hairline areas. He intends
» to transplant the vertex and crown areas in subsequent sessions.
»
» He is pleased with the progress of his first stage. In the 1st stage, as
» is customary, we also transplanted a few beard hair grafts for him
» (complimentary). The healing is exceptional and the beard hair grafts have
» grown on the recipient area (albeit retaining their original
» characteristics).
»
»

is this just 400 grafts?
why such a small session and that too via fuht??

Sorry, my mistake. Its 4000 grafts, not 400. Hairsite can you please make the necessary correction.
I will post more pictures soon.

As already mentioned 4000 grafts can not make complete restoration for an average NW 6. Not even close.

Before

After

Before

After

Top view before

Top view after

Graft placement picture

Being an extensively bald patient, a complete restoration will need us to tap into the beard donor reserves of the patient. Therefore, in the first session, some beard grafts were also transplanted, complimentary.

The beard donor area healing is excellent and the beard hair have grown in the demarcated recipient zone. However, they have retained their original characteristics in terms of calibre and curl.

In future, the patient has the option to go for near complete hair restoration. However, for the present, the patient is more interested to fill in the temples and temple points. Dr. Arvind’s personal preference for this case is to start filling the vertex and crown.

Let us see what Dr. Arvind and the patient finally decide. I will keep you apprised.