JK - 5800+ FUSE result (scalp + beard + body hair)

Patient nickname - JK

Graft details - 4380 scalp + 743 beard + 861 body hair grafts

After pictures taken by patient.

Before pictures

After pictures

Previous update of patient can be read at
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-38662.html

The procedure was carried out in 2 stages. The after pictures are 6 months after the 2nd HT.

Regards,
Dr. A

I admire your work dr Arvind and belive you’re very honest and consistant with your work. However, considering the fact that the results on this patiant are very very good and excellent in terms of naturalness as well, the number of grafts he received concerns me a bit. Can you inform us as to how many grafts he received in what areas please? Along with the placement of the body fue and it’s successful growth %age rate at this point? Almost 6,000 grafts can almost cover fully a nw5.

If I were to guess I’d think a maximum of 4,000 grafts would have given him just as nice results.

» I admire your work dr Arvind and belive you’re very honest and consistant
» with your work. However, considering the fact that the results on this
» patiant are very very good and excellent in terms of naturalness as well,
» the number of grafts he received concerns me a bit. Can you inform us as to
» how many grafts he received in what areas please? Along with the placement
» of the body fue and it’s successful growth %age rate at this point? Almost
» 6,000 grafts can almost cover fully a nw5.
»
» If I were to guess I’d think a maximum of 4,000 grafts would have given
» him just as nice results.

Dear mj2003,
I think its taking a too simplistic approach when trying to estimate graft requirements on basis of Norwood scale alone.
Hair characteristics (calibre, color, curl etc) will make a difference.
The actual sq cms of bald area to be covered will make a difference (a larger scalp will use up more grafts).
The desired hairline (a conservative one v/s a nan balding hairline) will play a role is graft estimates.

Two NW 5’s, for example, may not have the same sq cms needing cover. One may have only 100 sq cms while another may have 180 to 200 sq cms.

JK’s case has been documented previously.
His 2nd HT focussed on lowering the entire hairline and filling up some patches where hairloss had progressed.

Regards,
Dr. A

Fantastic result, I haven’t see that many body hair transplants from you these days, it seems that you are doing more FUHT strip nowadays, true?

Good job dr A, you can tell me this is an Armani hairline and I would believe it, a big improvement compared to the flap hair you posted earlier.

I’m happy for JK. He took many hits on because he had chosen Dr Poswal, and also for the use of beard BHT… but, in the end, those pics prove that he was right.
Talking about pics, lightning conditions are not perfect… I wish he could take a few more for us.

I think that the second op has really improved his hairline’s naturalness and the density of his first frontal third.
I wonder what his donor areas (head + beard) look like once shaved.

Were the beard + body hair grafts all mixed up randomly with regular scalp donor?

» Fantastic result, I haven’t see that many body hair transplants from you
» these days, it seems that you are doing more FUHT strip nowadays, true?

Dear johnp,
A larger %age of our cases are FUSE and BHT. In fact, in most cases of FUHT too, we have a combination of BHT with FUHT. We follow the guidelines for BHT in performing these cases (not random gigasessions of finer body hair). Since, body hair does not change most of its characteristics after transplant, we feel its logical to use the most robust hair only for transplant. That maximizes the coverage achieved for a particular number of grafts.

Also, I prefer that our clinic post a wide variety of cases, (not just cherrypicked homerun results), to give the average patient a feel of the options available to them.
As a result, we post results as they come. If you sometimes see more FUHT results its coincidental.
Regards,
Dr. A

Although the result is great, I also feel that the number of grafts used is worrying. It gives me the impression that at the density used the recipient survival might not be optimal.

» Although the result is great, I also feel that the number of grafts used is
» worrying. It gives me the impression that at the density used the recipient
» survival might not be optimal.

No kidding this one looks like an Armani patient, if you think about it, Armani also uses up tons of grafts in order to front load the hairline to make it look good, this one is probably no exception, tons of grafts to make the hairline stands out and worry about the consequences later.

I wonder where the beard and body hair grafts were placed in the recipient.

You show me when was the last time armani used 6000 grafts in zones 1 & 2 until you find such a case i wouldnt compare this to armani’s results as you’re comparing apples with oranges.

i did however say that the results were decent here, just the number of grafts(6000?) in zones 1 and 2 are alarming to me. dr arvind states he has big head, and if that’s the case he then should too have another 6000 grafts left in the bank - is that the case dr arvind? does the patient have anoter 6-7k available?

» » Although the result is great, I also feel that the number of grafts used
» is
» » worrying. It gives me the impression that at the density used the
» recipient
» » survival might not be optimal.
»
» No kidding this one looks like an Armani patient, if you think about it,
» Armani also uses up tons of grafts in order to front load the hairline to
» make it look good, this one is probably no exception, tons of grafts to
» make the hairline stands out and worry about the consequences later.
»
» I wonder where the beard and body hair grafts were placed in the
» recipient.

Only 4.4K grafts came from head hair.

I like the result. I would have thought with the patients hair characteristics that the 4380 grafts from the scalp would have been given him the same coverage.

Dose the patient have a thin donor ?

Dr. Arvind, what would you class this patients Norwood level at?

It is a nice result, and I bet the patient must be very happy with it.

yes i am very happy with the results at 7 months now, still some more thickening to come in.

I have used a large number of hairs in the front as i had a lot of loss and a very high hairline so their was a lot of ground to cover, also because i feel the best and the most grafts should be used in the front as these are the ones most visible and allow you to style the hair frame the face and make the biggest impact on how old you look. in the last two years i have gone from geting no age comments to everyone guessing i am 5 years younger now !!! :slight_smile: this i attribute to having a good not too high or low hairline.

Another reason i have used so many grafts is that my top and back is still very dense and very little if any hair loss their and i am 29. It seems genetically it’s only programmed to go in the front like my father.

the BHT was also used to fill in the gaps so as not to use all the head hair donor, they seem to blend in very well with the surrounding hair and its hard to pinpoint them.

My head donor was fairly dense before and now with 4300 gone still looks and feels dense, similar to before. If i need more i guess their is a few thousands good grafts i can still get from their and combine again with beard and chest hair if needed in future. For now i am very happy and i can see my self getting another procedure in a long time.

As a testimate to how good Dr A’s work is and how quick the recovery is !! 2 weeks after my last procedure !! yes 2 weeks !!! i met my now FIANCE :slight_smile:

thanks again Dr A !!!

» yes i am very happy with the results at 7 months now, still some more
» thickening to come in.
»
» I have used a large number of hairs in the front as i had a lot of loss
» and a very high hairline so their was a lot of ground to cover, also
» because i feel the best and the most grafts should be used in the front as
» these are the ones most visible and allow you to style the hair frame the
» face and make the biggest impact on how old you look. in the last two years
» i have gone from geting no age comments to everyone guessing i am 5 years
» younger now !!! :slight_smile: this i attribute to having a good not too high or low
» hairline.
»
»
» Another reason i have used so many grafts is that my top and back is still
» very dense and very little if any hair loss their and i am 29. It seems
» genetically it’s only programmed to go in the front like my father.
»
» the BHT was also used to fill in the gaps so as not to use all the head
» hair donor, they seem to blend in very well with the surrounding hair and
» its hard to pinpoint them.

»
» My head donor was fairly dense before and now with 4300 gone still looks
» and feels dense, similar to before. If i need more i guess their is a few
» thousands good grafts i can still get from their and combine again with
» beard and chest hair if needed in future. For now i am very happy and i can
» see my self getting another procedure in a long time.
»
» As a testimate to how good Dr A’s work is and how quick the recovery is !!
» 2 weeks after my last procedure !! yes 2 weeks !!! i met my now FIANCE :slight_smile:
»
» thanks again Dr A !!!

Its nice to see another person in here that is happy with their results. Thank you for sharing your story and good luck to you.:slight_smile:
»

» You show me when was the last time armani used 6000 grafts in zones 1 & 2
» until you find such a case i wouldnt compare this to armani’s results as
» you’re comparing apples with oranges.

You have to admit that Armani used 2500, 3500 grafts on guys who were not really that bald to begin with, they were at most NW2 and could have been better served using fewer grafts and saving the donor for rainy days.

I’ve been following this forum for 3 month now, and i keep on being impressed with Dr A’s patients.

Dear forum readers and posters,
You have raised some queries about the graft numbers. I will try to explain the intricacies of JK’s case.

A NW 1 can have a hairline 7.5cm above his eyebrows as well as 6.5 cms. It is often a personal preference.
However, when you try to lower a hairline 1cm down, you are looking at average 15 sq cms (1cm x 15 cms). A slightly larger forehead and it can go to 18-20 sq cms.

JK’s second procedure also concentrated on filling in both the temples (add approx. 3 sq cms).

These were the main focus of JK’s 2nd HT, 7 months ago.

The remaining grafts were used to fill up any thinning areas on top.

The beard grafts were not transplanted in the front hairline rows. They were mostly transplanted, mixed with scalp hair, in the top areas.

The chest hair, in JK’s 2nd HT were transplanted back into the chest donor area from the first time. It had thinned out and we decided to thicken the chest donor areas a bit more uniformly.

Following are intraoperative pictures of JK’s 2nd HT.

Following are pictures of JK’s scalp donor area in Jan 09.
I think they are self explanatory.

Regards,
Dr. A

» Patient nickname - JK
»
» Graft details - 4380 scalp + 743 beard + 861 body hair grafts
»
» After pictures taken by patient.
»
»
»
»
»
» Before pictures
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» After pictures
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» Previous update of patient can be read at
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-38662.html
»
» The procedure was carried out in 2 stages. The after pictures are 6
» months after the 2nd HT.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

Great result. Especially considering hed lost quite a bit of hair. Looks much much better. If I have to be at all picky Id say I like the left side more than the right side as to me the right looks slightly less natural looking. Thats taking nothing away from the great work done, just my personal opinion.

Very good result.