Jim - 3500 fuht update (& some unfortunate events to learn from)

Dear forums readers,
Jim is a UK based patient who visited us in Jan 2007 for his HT.
A 3500+ FUHT graft procedure was performed as per patient’s choice.

He visited us recently for a follow up and further work.

I was happy as well as sad on seeing the patient. Jim’s case is a sad reflection on the problems that plague the field of hair transplant. Problems that I have spoken about repeatedly in past.

For now, I will let the patient’s history and pictures do the talking.

History -
Jan 2007 - Jim underwent a 3500+ FUHT graft procedure at our centre.
Oct 2007 - Jim consulted a “renowned” plastic surgeon in a large multispeciality hospital. He underwent something that the plastic surgeon said was 1200 FUT grafts.
Aug 2008 - Jim visited us again.

Jim’s pictures when he visted us in Jan 2007

Picture immediately after Jan 2007 FUHT procedure at our centre

Pictures of Jim when he visited us in August 2008

The plastic surgeon had wilfully and deliberately put plugs. Jim had told and shown him the previous HT results performed by us.
Jim says the doctor claimed he will fill in the temple areas and Jim believed it will be with the same degree of skill.

I am happy Jim came back to us for his repair HT.
I am profoundly sad to know what he went through. Seeing Jim’s present condition was like seeing one’s art vandalized and theres nothing one can do about it.
Except post Jim’s results and experience, hoping other prospective patients may avoid such pitfalls.

I am sad that there is no set level of minimum competence required for a doctor to perform “hair transplants” even today.

Regards,
Dr. A

Dr A
I am also shocked and saddened by what this other doc did

however I am also extremely disappointed and amazed by the gullibility and ignorance and lack of research done by this patient …to be stupid enough to go to another surgeon, Here you go and do a great job on him , I guess he thinks hair transplant surgeons are like auto mechanics or dentists, easily replaceable

I agree. Its stupid to get ht from one of the best doctors in the world and then to go get butchered by a hack. This is worse then a patient doing no research at all.
What WAS his reason to go to the other doctor?

» Dr A
» I am also shocked and saddened by what this other doc did
»
» however I am also extremely disappointed and amazed by the gullibility and
» ignorance and lack of research done by this patient …to be stupid
» enough to go to another surgeon, Here you go and do a great job on him , I
» guess he thinks hair transplant surgeons are like auto mechanics or
» dentists, easily replaceable

He must have wondered he got screwed when he saw where those grafts were placed, did he and this doctor discuss where the nerw grafts were going to be placed? I dont know how any doctor could do such incredibly horrible work like that. The only option is to remove all those damn grafts.

Pity. The doctor mustve wasted many good donor hair. How could he do this?

Thank you for documenting this case so well, I think its important for others to see what can happen if you fall into the wrong hands. Researching the right doctor is so important.

It’s just incredible. How can anyone with a normal level of intelligence believe that those grafts would be a cosmetic benefit to the patient? How can a doctor place those things like that?

Even if the density had been there, just the shape of the temple “hairline” is still idiotic.

What was the repair solution for this patient?

Dear forum readers,
Jim’s repair consisted of excising the plug grafts and suturing them close.

At the same time, the top vertex area, (behind our first HT), was also transplanted using a combination of scalp and beard grafts.

Regards,
Dr. A

I just had repair hair transplant with dr arvind …i hope to get good results nd will post them…i had a extremely poor previous hair transplant with DR.MANJUL AGGRAWAL(PITAMPURA,NEW DELHI) and ended up feeling like a guinea pig.I believe that there should be a regulatory body in india to prevent exploitation of in distress patients in the hands of untrained doctors eager to make money.