James Nesbitt - definite FUE transplant

James Nesbitt, UK actor and star of “Cold Feet”, “Murphy’s Law” and “Jeckyll” has definitely had a FUE transplant. I saw him on “Top Gear” a couple of years back and he admitted he hated going bald. Recently, I’ve noticed his hairline has grown back, but thought tht maybe it was just a piece for a role. However, just saw him on quiz show “Never Mind the Buzzcocks” and his hair has definitely changed. Also, he’s wearing it buzzed (grade 1 or 2) and there was no sign of a scar. It’s definitely FUE.

Pre bad hair loss (late 90s)

Recent shots

Couldn’t find any images of his new hair, but these are the closest (although he’s wearing the back and sides shorter, and is going for the “less is more” look). Definitely a new hairline, with no donor scarring. It looked a helluva lot better, although it wasn’t high density, but at a buzz level it looked good (and thicker than it does in these pics).

(By the way - I know he’s Irish, but I said UK so the US posters would know who I’m talking about).

As I say, he is now wearing the back and sides at a tight buzz and it looks like he barely has any hair loss at all. I’m sure if he grew it out it would look thin, but it looks great now he has his frontal third back.

Good result, IMHO. And interesting that a celeb has done his research and gone FUE, rather than heading for Bosley like they normally do.

A newspaper article that mentions that he “no longer cares about his hair loss” as he is still getting good roles.

Or maybe because he’d decided to get it sorted out…?

» A newspaper article that mentions that he “no longer cares about his hair
» loss” as he is still getting good roles.
»
» Or maybe because he’d decided to get it sorted out…?
»
» This is London Magazine

Another article from 2000, again describing how much he hated hair loss. He was obviously using Toppik at the time, but that’s when he had more hair.

However, now he looks like he’s just thinning slightly. No recession at all.

"Much gooey, paternal swapping of kids’ tales later, we move onto another obsession of the early-middle-aged male: hair-loss. “It’s a great sign of mortality, the old hair,” says Nesbitt, who is appalled by his rate of recession. “It’s going, it’s going… My dad has a thick head of hair, which is very irritating. It’s not fair! I use this stuff now that a French laboratory has produced for people with money: you spray it on. And I take vitamins. It’s a terrible obsession.”

The hair thing is so tragic that it makes a return to the subject of Northern Ireland seem upbeat. Over the next few weeks, Cold Feet takes Nesbitt back to his roots as his character, Adam, goes to Ulster for his stag party. “It’s where Adam Williams and James Nesbitt become tremendously similar,” he says. “They were going to shoot it in Dublin, but I said no, screw that, Dublin’s been done. So we went to Belfast instead.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/hot-property-624882.html

Finally (and this is my last post on the topic - honestly!), but it ties into the other thread about actors on this forum…

When he had more hair, he was the “twinkly-eyed” Irish rogue who got all the ladies’ panties moist. As his loss kicked in (fairly recently - late 90s) it changed so that the roles he was getting were hard-nosed brutal coppers or psychopaths.

Interestingly, on “Buzzcocks” no-one mentioned his hair (maybe because the change is so subtle and it was obviosly not a wig or anything as it was buzzed short) but they were making a lot of “all the ladies want to sleep with him! It’s James Nesbitt!” comments.

Funny what a difference a hairline can make…

Yeah, that looks like subtle FUE work for sure. Looks like the dude made a friggin’ WISE choice. He didn’t get chopped half to death at a hair mill, but he also didn’t overstuff his frontal third for a too-dramatic change either.

And it’s so true about the difference in roles.

NW#1-2 = hot ladies’ man.

NW#3 and up = can still be a cool character but it’s not the same.