It\'s saturday night and I\'m Bald!

OK guys we have all been waiting 10 years for the cure and the pipeline looks empty. In another 10 years it will not matter since we will be too old to care. Have a nice weekend my fellow bald friends.
Alec

» OK guys we have all been waiting 10 years for the cure and the pipeline
» looks empty. In another 10 years it will not matter since we will be too
» old to care. Have a nice weekend my fellow bald friends.
» Alec

" …and the pipeline looks empty."

Umm, I gotta tell you that’s just flat-out incorrect.

» » OK guys we have all been waiting 10 years for the cure and the pipeline
» » looks empty. In another 10 years it will not matter since we will be
» too
» » old to care. Have a nice weekend my fellow bald friends.
» » Alec
»
» " …and the pipeline looks empty."
»
» Umm, I gotta tell you that’s just flat-out incorrect.

why

Aderans is well into trials, Folica a little farther off, a couple of topical AAs in trials, We haven’t tested Acell much yet, PRP is showing potential and we haven’t even added stem cells to it yet, etc.

The pipeline is pretty full IMHO. Let’s just hope some of this stuff makes it to the end of the pipe intact.

» Aderans is well into trials, Folica a little farther off, a couple of
» topical AAs in trials, We haven’t tested Acell much yet, PRP is showing
» potential and we haven’t even added stem cells to it yet, etc.
»
» The pipeline is pretty full IMHO. Let’s just hope some of this stuff makes
» it to the end of the pipe intact.

well, cal, 5 years ago or so, the pipeline looked as full as it is today, or even more. We had Dr. Ba***, Dr. Gho, Intercytex, ARI, and many ‘promising’ topicals.

So, the pipeline might look full, but full of what? maybe its just clogged with shït…

I have hopes, but I admit we have been here before.

» OK guys we have all been waiting 10 years for the cure and the pipeline
» looks empty. In another 10 years it will not matter since we will be too
» old to care. Have a nice weekend my fellow bald friends.
» Alec

The pipeline is most certainly not empty. But it will take at least 5 years before we see if anything in it will work. And I don’t know about you, but I won’t be “too old” to care by then; I won’t even be middle-aged.

So roll the dice and get some aggressive FUE work right now. I’m not advocating it, but you could have your hair back now if you want. We’re supposed to caution everybody not to do this but it might not always be regretted later every time.

Of course it’s risky. But it’s also a lot more risky go to work on the public roads every day.

When HM finally does come out we’ll all suddenly start wishing we had gotten much riskier with transplant work years earlier. In retrospect, the HM scheme that finally works will probably seem obvious that it was coming by the time that it really was. It may frustrate us that we did play it so safe with HTs so late in the game.

And honestly most of the guys who get badly burned with over-aggressive unsupportable hairlines are the ones who got hacked by hair mills initially. Very few of the stories ever involve patients who were showing miniaturization patterns of NW#5 or less at the time they got a first HT in their late 20s.