It looks like Dr. Cole will be using Acell at his clinic also

Nothing Earth-shattering, but it shows that Acell continues to gain recognition in the HT industry.

forhair . com / hairtransplant / topic1746 . html#p6729

Nothing about cloning!!. They say that they will use Acell to reduce scarring and improve yield in the HT.

Please, Willy, you started all this Acell talk, seeking for Hair Multiplication, and what we have got? A lot of doctors taking advantage of all this publicity, and using Acell to attract customers, but they will not use it for HM, but suppossedly to “improve” HT.

My oppinion is that this initiative has backfired us!!

» » Nothing Earth-shattering, but it shows that Acell continues to gain
» » recognition in the HT industry.
» »
» »
»
» Nothing about cloning!!. They say that they will use Acell to reduce
» scarring and improve yield in the HT.
»
» Please, Willy, you started all this Acell talk, seeking for Hair
» Multiplication, and what we have got? A lot of doctors taking advantage of
» all this publicity, and using Acell to attract customers, but they will not
» use it for HM, but suppossedly to “improve” HT.
»
» My oppinion is that this initiative has backfired us!!

Spanish Dude is EXACTLY right. He hit the nail on the head. It seems a lot of doctors are taking advantage of this Acell thing to “cash in” on the publicity of the latest fad, strongly implying that it has something to do with “hair cloning”, or that new hairs are created…

WHERE IS THE PROOF?

I’m no fan of the FDA by any means, but the sad thing about this is that because Acell has already been approved by the FDA, or at least doesn’t need further approval, now these doctors can literally say ANYTHING or imply ANYTHING about Acell, without any burden of proving it… they can tell us any stories they like in order to generate more business, and we just have to take their words for it.

Also, there seems to be an element of intentionally blurring the picture here, i.e., implying that hair cloning is happening, then backtacking the next day, and keeping the truth kind of hazy… so there is this marketing campaign by implication and innuendo. That is not very honest and not very healthy for anyone.

This is the PERFECT win-win situation for everyone… Acell gets a huge new market for a product that previously they were only advertising for animals… The HT doctors are able to imply that Acell is generating new hair, without being pinned down on the facts or having to show any indisputable evidence… Plus they didn’t have to spend a penny on an FDA application!!!

If Willy didn’t get some kind of one-off cash bonus for engineering this whole thing, he definitely deserves it!

I mean this sincerely when I say that Willy is a GENIUS at marketing.

By the way, Willy – not that it’s any of my business, but I do trust you when you say you didn’t receive any money after the fact on this.

But what I am saying now is that you DESERVE money from these guys… and if they haven’t already sent you the check(s), they will soon realize that they probably should.

You may or may not realize it, but this is BRILLIANT.

» »
» »
»
» Nothing about cloning!!. They say that they will use Acell to reduce
» scarring and improve yield in the HT.
»
» Please, Willy, you started all this Acell talk, seeking for Hair
» Multiplication, and what we have got? A lot of doctors taking advantage of
» all this publicity, and using Acell to attract customers, but they will not
» use it for HM, but suppossedly to “improve” HT.
»
» My oppinion is that this initiative has backfired us!!

I have been comming here for over 10 years and I know you have been here about as long. I have been disappointed time and time again in the past (Dr. Gho, Dr. Bazan, Intercytex, ect…). I got sick of hearing that their would be a cure/treatment “5 years away” (which now seems to be 10 years away).

When I saw the POTENTIAL in Acell I took it upon myself to try to connect this company with HT doctors. I never claimed to know if it would work or not, but just saw the possibility and HOPED it would work (to regenerate removed donor tissue and hair).

I am proud that some of the doctors are using this product. Honestly, I feel like I have done something productive as a part of this forum (which is more than I can say about trolls and the other members that claim to have INSIDE INFORMATION about the future of hair restoration…we’ve seen several of them before…and have a few now).

As far as this “Acell Initiative” backfiring on us, I don’t see where this has happened. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I haven’t spent one dime on Acell or any doctor related to it. I would assume that most people losing their hair are adults and would research a doctor before using him for a HT (as opposed to being led around like sheep). Even if it doesn’t grow hair and “only reduces/removes” scars, that is a HUGE benefit to HT patients. Try telling someone who has been horribly scarred by a HT doctor that it isn’t important. To be honest with you, the people here who make these types of comments sound EXTREMELY SELF CENTERED. And by the way, I would not seek to have a scar removed, but would still be happy to see others benefit by it.

So, Spanish Dude, how has it backfired on you? How much money have you spent on this product? If you do choose to have a HT in the future, would you do your own research on the doctor, or don’t you have the ability to do so? Come on man…grow up.

» Nothing Earth-shattering, but it shows that Acell continues to gain
» recognition in the HT industry.
»
»

AT LEAST Dr. Cole is being honest here, and stating that the Acell and PRP are being used “to reduce risks of scarring” – and not implying that it generates new hair or results in “hair cloning”!

Hey – I’m not saying that I know for a fact that Acell doesn’t create new hair – I’m just saying that it’s too easy for doctors to take advantage of this and IMPLY that it does, or to generate the “buzz” on the street that it does, without having any burden of scientifically proving it, because it’s already approved by the FDA. These doctors don’t have to prove anything to anyone… they get all the upside, and no downside.

We do know that Acell was originally intended to help with scar healing. Before Willy came along with a bunch of enthusiastic, excited, orgiastic posts last year (I think) screaming and getting everyone’s hopes up to fever pitch that this stuff can somehow create new hair, before that, Acell was just some stuff that nobody in the HT community knew or cared about.

It was only being advertised for WOUND HEALING.

So if it’s only good for WOUND HEALING, shouldn’t all these threads about Acell be on the HAIR TRANSPLANT FORUMS, not the HM/Research forum?

Isn’t there an ethical obligation on the part of HairSite not to promote this stuff on the HM forum, thereby implying that it’s some kind of HM or hair cloning “cure”… shouldn’t this be on the HT forum instead???

» I have been comming here for over 10 years and I know you have been here
» about as long.

Then maybe you were using a different name before when you were “comming here”.

By the way, are you tk421???

» » I have been comming here for over 10 years and I know you have been here
» » about as long.
»
» Then maybe you were using a different name before when you were “comming
» here”.
»
» By the way, are you tk421???

No, originally I came here as Lynard Sknhead and when forum changed, I reregistered as Willy.

(…)
» Even if it doesn’t
» grow hair and “only reduces/removes” scars, that is a HUGE benefit to HT
» patients
. Try telling someone who has been horribly scarred by a HT doctor
» that it isn’t important. To be honest with you, the people here who make
» these types of comments sound EXTREMELY SELF CENTERED. And by the way, I
» would not seek to have a scar removed, but would still be happy to see
» others benefit by it

Totally agree with you.

In short, you did what you did, and not only I think that you did a really GREAT job - for ALL!

So all I can tell you is - Willy, you rock!!

I am totally with you this time Roger.
If this is a wound healer, all the talk should be moved to the HT forum.
Its time already that we clarify if Acell creates new hairs or not.
If it doesn’t, then move to the HT forum, and stop the speculations.
after the photos Hitzig has posted, and after the failed Jones experiment, any grown up can realize that Acell doesn’t produce new hair.
If I am wrong, prove it!

» »
» »
»
» AT LEAST Dr. Cole is being honest here, and stating that the Acell and PRP
» are being used “to reduce risks of scarring” – and not implying that it
» generates new hair or results in “hair cloning”!
»
» Hey – I’m not saying that I know for a fact that Acell doesn’t create new
» hair – I’m just saying that it’s too easy for doctors to take advantage of
» this and IMPLY that it does, or to generate the “buzz” on the street that
» it does, without having any burden of scientifically proving it, because
» it’s already approved by the FDA. These doctors don’t have to prove
» anything to anyone… they get all the upside, and no downside.
»
» We do know that Acell was originally intended to help with scar healing.
» Before Willy came along with a bunch of enthusiastic, excited, orgiastic
» posts last year (I think) screaming and getting everyone’s hopes up to
» fever pitch that this stuff can somehow create new hair, before that, Acell
» was just some stuff that nobody in the HT community knew or cared about.
»
» It was only being advertised for WOUND HEALING.
»
» So if it’s only good for WOUND HEALING, shouldn’t all these threads about
» Acell be on the HAIR TRANSPLANT FORUMS, not the HM/Research forum?
»
» Isn’t there an ethical obligation on the part of HairSite not to promote
» this stuff on the HM forum, thereby implying that it’s some kind of HM or
» hair cloning “cure”… shouldn’t this be on the HT forum instead???

I would assume that most people
» losing their hair are adults and would research a doctor before using him
» for a HT (as opposed to being led around like sheep).

Your assumption is wrong. Most of people don’t come here everyday to research and be updated with the “latest scäms”.

Yes, it has backfired on us, because now we have a lot of doctors contaminating us with obscure claims.
Maybe I am informed enough to escape the tricks, but 99% of the people are not, and they will be fooled. If you don’t care about these people, then it is YOU who are SELF CENTERED.

Now, even if Acell was a wonderful wound healer, this discussion should be removed to the HT section.

AND, please, show me HARD proof that Acell is the miracle wound healer that you claim. In HT wounds. And prove that it improves scar repair. Please, compare Acell with other current techniques.

And please, explain why Acell is lying about Dr. Jones experiment.
And please, give me your oppinion about Hitzig’s photos.
And give me your oppinion about Cooley claims in the radio interview. He says that he can obtain a fully functional follicle from a plucked hair, using Acell.

» » » Nothing Earth-shattering, but it shows that Acell continues to gain
» » » recognition in the HT industry.
» » »
» » »
» »
» » Nothing about cloning!!. They say that they will use Acell to reduce
» » scarring and improve yield in the HT.
» »
» » Please, Willy, you started all this Acell talk, seeking for Hair
» » Multiplication, and what we have got? A lot of doctors taking advantage
» of
» » all this publicity, and using Acell to attract customers, but they will
» not
» » use it for HM, but suppossedly to “improve” HT.
» »
» » My oppinion is that this initiative has backfired us!!
»
» I have been comming here for over 10 years and I know you have been here
» about as long. I have been disappointed time and time again in the past
» (Dr. Gho, Dr. Bazan, Intercytex, ect…). I got sick of hearing that their
» would be a cure/treatment “5 years away” (which now seems to be 10 years
» away).
»
» When I saw the POTENTIAL in Acell I took it upon myself to try to connect
» this company with HT doctors. I never claimed to know if it would work or
» not, but just saw the possibility and HOPED it would work (to regenerate
» removed donor tissue and hair).
»
» I am proud that some of the doctors are using this product. Honestly, I
» feel like I have done something productive as a part of this forum (which
» is more than I can say about trolls and the other members that claim to
» have INSIDE INFORMATION about the future of hair restoration…we’ve seen
» several of them before…and have a few now).
»
» As far as this “Acell Initiative” backfiring on us, I don’t see where this
» has happened. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I haven’t spent one
» dime on Acell or any doctor related to it. I would assume that most people
» losing their hair are adults and would research a doctor before using him
» for a HT (as opposed to being led around like sheep). Even if it doesn’t
» grow hair and “only reduces/removes” scars, that is a HUGE benefit to HT
» patients. Try telling someone who has been horribly scarred by a HT doctor
» that it isn’t important. To be honest with you, the people here who make
» these types of comments sound EXTREMELY SELF CENTERED. And by the way, I
» would not seek to have a scar removed, but would still be happy to see
» others benefit by it.
»
» So, Spanish Dude, how has it backfired on you? How much money have you
» spent on this product? If you do choose to have a HT in the future, would
» you do your own research on the doctor, or don’t you have the ability to do
» so? Come on man…grow up.

It seemed in the Dr. Cooley interview that he and Dr. Hirtzig were able to accomplish hair multiplication. He mentioned using plucked hairs. Years ago Dr. Hirtzig was trying to transplant plucked hairs…he called it auto-cloning. He had poor results. It seems now that they have been able to successfully do transplantation of plucked hairs using Acell. So in this sense they have cloned hair.

The B&A pictures provided by them were really sub par as far as proving HM, however they were able to show us great reduction in the scars. I really don’t think that in the process of repairing an old scar they will be able to create hair. I think the Dr. Jones experiment proved that.

For Acell to work in actually increasing the number of hairs it will have to be some type of Follica procedure or Dr Hirtzig’s auto cloning procedure.

» It was only being advertised for WOUND HEALING.
»
» So if it’s only good for WOUND HEALING, shouldn’t all these threads about
» Acell be on the HAIR TRANSPLANT FORUMS, not the HM/Research forum?

This. Further, no one should be doing strip HTs anymore - its an antiquated technique. The only benefit this stuff has for HTs is scar repair from botched strip HTs. Until these guys provide some peer-reviewable data, there’s no proof it grows hair.

» Nothing Earth-shattering, but it shows that Acell continues to gain
» recognition in the HT industry.
»
»

Hey Willy,

for what it’s worth, I think you’ve done a good job. Now that several hair transplant doctors are actually trying ACELL on scars we will soon find out if it has benefits or not. If it does more HT doctors will adapt to this procedure, if not it will die out soon enough.

As for HM none of us really know. It sounds like it might just be some hype to help commercialize the product… but it really is not easy for anyone to find out whats true and what is hype with the limited information that comes trickling in. I see how people can blame you for “pushing” the product… if at all the authors of the article should be blamed…

Strip HTs may be an “antiquated technique” but they still offer better lifetime donor supply & frequently a better yield than FUE. And this is without even discussing the price difference.

» It seemed in the Dr. Cooley interview that he and Dr. Hirtzig were able to
» accomplish hair multiplication. He mentioned using plucked hairs. Years
» ago Dr. Hirtzig was trying to transplant plucked hairs…he called it
» auto-cloning. He had poor results. It seems now that they have been able
» to successfully do transplantation of plucked hairs using Acell. So in
» this sense they have cloned hair.

excellent! Where is the proof??
Plucked hairs are endless. Even if consistency was poor, they should be able to create a full head of hair simply by using massive amounts of plucked hairs. Can they do that? Where is the proof?

»
» The B&A pictures provided by them were really sub par as far as proving
» HM, however they were able to show us great reduction in the scars.

Are you kidding? The scars were intentionally hidden or left out of the photos, so you can’t see the final result of the scars. These photos are no proof. In fact, to me, they are ptoof that there is nothing extraordinary to show. If there was anything extraordinary, then why hide it? Why the combover, why to leave the scars out of the photo?

I
» really don’t think that in the process of repairing an old scar they will
» be able to create hair. I think the Dr. Jones experiment proved that.
»
» For Acell to work in actually increasing the number of hairs it will have
» to be some type of Follica procedure or Dr Hirtzig’s auto cloning
» procedure.

As I have said, if auto-cloning with plucked hairs was a reality, it should be able to produce unlimited amounts of new follicles, even if consistency was low. As there is no proof that such huge amounts of follicles can be created, we must conclude by default that it is not happening. Charlatanerie, pure and simple. If I am wrong, there is the chance to present hard evidence that I am wrong.

» » Charlatanerie, pure and simple.

Exactement!

Dr. Cole’s CIT clinic has posted in the HT forum that they are using Acell (along with some other products). I think that people who want answers to questions should ask these questions under that thread. I don’t know if he will answer them…but it can’t hurt to ask.