Is Dr. Nigam working with Aderans?

Roger_that if he was right then we could all get our hair back right now right here in the US. The FDA has no prohibition against wounding and there are lots of qualified docs who would do it.

[quote] Wounding has already produced thick tufts of hair on the shiny bald skin of live humans. It required no new drugs and in some cases no drugs at all.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Can you show the evidence of that? Photos?

Non-scalp parts of the anatomy don’t qualify as “bald”, so they don’t count.[/quote]

Somehow I think the outcome would have been no different.

Cotsarelis has got millions in funding too.

But where is the evidence he has grown even 1 strand of hair.

So far the only guy who’s posting pictures and documented evidence is Nigam. And even his results are hit or miss at best.

In my opinion, the focus should shift to a more achievable target for now. Its obvious follicular neo-genesis is a tough nut to crack. But how about research into the use of cell therapy to slow down (or even prevent) hair loss (kind of like finasteride)?

If they set the bar a little lower, I think they could well find that injecting these DP cells cultured from the back of the head into the front on a periodic basis slows down the balding process. That too has great sales potential even if its not a cure (yet).

Wounding-based regrowth:

I’m not bringing up anything that hasn’t already been common knowledge around the online MPB forums for years.

Dermatologists have observed follicle generation happening from dermabrasion. Docs have noticed hairs forming at the edges of scalp wounds looking quite healthy. Docs have observed ice-carrying workers getting thick patches of hair at the site where their backs got rubbed chronically. The infamous Gefitnib cancer patients grew what could only be described as “thick dense patches of hair on bald skin.” One of those patches was growing right smack in the middle of a shiny balded scalp. (The new hair also wasn’t partially gray like the patient’s surrounding existing hair.)

This phenomenon is real. We just don’t know how to take advantage of it. It has produced better evidence of MPB REVERSAL (not just fighting the worsening) on live humans purely by accident than the best cell-based hair multiplication efforts to date.

Like Cotsarelis or hate him, like Follica or hate it, trust anyone involved with Follica or not . . that is all beside my point.

I agree Cal, follica is definitely based on real science-- it’s just a matter of efficiently harnessing this natural anomaly.

I think focusing on healing and regeneration at a micro scale is also good-- like Nigam and Gho

If we can figure out how to chop up a follicle (not a Follicular Unit, or FU), and have each half (or third) regenerate fully— thats about as good as hair cloning.

Basically, you can get three times as much transplanted as we could in the past–

We see a lot of people top out at 5k-7k grafts… these guys, if nw7 before, will probably be nw4-5 combover bros.

If we can triple to 15-21k… we can make pretty dense nw2-3 guys over a 2-5 transformation. Great news for the 20-30 yr old guys who are hanging in nw2-nw4 land currently.

Old house wife’s tale. No doc has ever observed any such thing. What they have observed however is traction alopecia where the follicle is destroyed by repeated rubbing.

Where are the pictures?

On any given day you can find people in forums just like this claiming they have reversed their hair loss and thick hair is growing. They are all deluded.

Cotseralis has zero credibility until he can come up with some pictures. So far he’s only proven adept at generating media hype every 4 to 5 years.

There was a study on minoxidil use in combination with dermabrasion. The results were quite stunning. The experiment has been repeated by a user at HLH with quite impressive results. Please explain that “old house wife’s tale”.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-121476-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer.html

[quote]
Where are the pictures?

On any given day you can find people in forums just like this claiming they have reversed their hair loss and thick hair is growing. They are all deluded.

Cotseralis has zero credibility until he can come up with some pictures. So far he’s only proven adept at generating media hype every 4 to 5 years.[/quote]

The pics of the Gefitinib patients’ regrowth are real. I don’t have them, but anyone who was around this forum 5-6 years ago knows exactly what I am talking about. They were posted on a bunch of different threads. There is no doubt that one of them showed a thick patch of terminal hair growth on an area of scalp that was shiny-bald from MPB. The other one showed thick dark terminal hairs covering the end of someone’s nose(!).

The thing about ice carriers getting patches of hair was cited by a doctor too.

You can doubt this stuff if you want but it’s real. The evidence of the phenomenon isn’t just coming from Cotsarelis & Follica. It is something the human body is capable of doing under the right conditions, we just don’t understand exactly what those conditions are. The subject hasn’t gotten enough research yet. Almost everyone in the HM world has been focused on cellular solutions.

Sorry dude but I’m not buying it.

However the study posted by hairman is interesting. I’ve seen some minoxidil responders with phenomenal results. But these tend to be far and few between. Has anyone with a demaroller and minoxidil been able to achieve those results?

Anyway back to Nigam and Washenik. They should have forged a working relationship years ago to expedite the research & testing process. As it stands Aderans Scientific has blown through its dough and only now is there thought of collaboration.

Freddie, the results were attributed to the dermabrasion rather than the minoxidil. The growth factors released during the wounding process are supposed to promote rejuvenation of dormant hair follicle cells.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]
Sorry dude but I’m not buying it.

However the study posted by hairman is interesting. I’ve seen some minoxidil responders with phenomenal results. But these tend to be far and few between. Has anyone with a demaroller and minoxidil been able to achieve those results?
[/quote]