Is a Liver Flush of any Value?

A lot of people claim to cleanse thier liver by taking some epsom salts and olive oil at night. Is this of any value or is it a hoax?

http://home.bluegrass.net/~jclark/liver_cleanse.htm

I want to know too. Not just cleansing your liver but there are commericals all over the place now asking people to do a colon cleanse. Has anyone tried that?

Be careful with these stuff, I tried it once and it really messed up my system bad. See what people said on Amazon.com about these internal cleansing products.

Reviewer: MaryAnna - See all my reviews
This Enuvia product made me sick to my stomach. I would give it a zero if I could but I can’t rank it that low. Experiencing the effects of this product can only be likened to giving birth out the rear. Awful!

Reviewer: Mary (West Virgina) - See all my reviews
I wish I had known all of these “Review Sites” were not real before I bought the product. Tried to return it after I became ill and they refuse to refund my money, in fact, they now placed me on an auto-ship program. This is not right and I think they should be reported to the authorities.

Fake Review Sites Warning! Buyer Beware, July 8, 2006
Reviewer: Kelly - See all my reviews
Enuvia made me miss going on vacation, was sitting on the bathroom toilet for 4 DAYS. Product is a SCAM! Still Waiting 5 weeks for a refund. Awful experience. I should have known better. Found out about Enuiva one of their FAKE review sites they use to fool people into buying it. Don’t waste you money

Product Should Be Banned From The Public, July 8, 2006
Reviewer: Lawrence L. (Scottsdale, Arizona) - See all my reviews
I have to wonder about the positive review below me. The person keeps coming in with new names and singing the praises about Enuvia. You are misleading folks in order to make a buck? You have to live with yourself.I spent nearly 5 days in the hospital after taking this Enuvias product and i certainly will not endorse it. My bowels were distended beyond capacity after taking the product because it backs you up. My system became septic. I should have listened to my doctor and just ate a bit more fiber in my diet. In my effort to improve my health I nearly died. That is contradictory to the claims of the product. Be smart.

» I want to know too. Not just cleansing your liver but there are commericals
» all over the place now asking people to do a colon cleanse. Has anyone
» tried that?

I went to great lengths to answer many questions asked by Perry and a few others who were interested in detoxification a while back!

A liver flush is useful - Dont try to this more than once a month,

Regards
Pete

I don’t know about the specific program you referenced. A friend of my girlfriend is a dietary consultant, and she developed a liver cleanse diet. It’s a variation on some popular diets out now, including the fat flush diet, which you can easily google. It’s a fairly restrictive diet, especially at first. I’ve been on the diet for 8 days now. It seems to be working. I’ve lost 7 pounds as of yesterday, and the large pores on my nose seem to be shrinking.

that large of a weightloss in that short period of time is dangerous

» I don’t know about the specific program you referenced. A friend of my
» girlfriend is a dietary consultant, and she developed a liver cleanse
» diet. It’s a variation on some popular diets out now, including the fat
» flush diet, which you can easily google. It’s a fairly restrictive diet,
» especially at first. I’ve been on the diet for 8 days now. It seems to
» be working. I’ve lost 7 pounds as of yesterday, and the large pores on my
» nose seem to be shrinking.

That’s debatable. What danger do you think I might encounter?

how can u lose that much in one day, more than a pound? thats 3500 calories you would have to deprive yourself of…if you are not excercising , what is causing this rapid weight loss?

there was a guy on tv who went on some rapid weight loss diet, and he also excercised,but he lost weight too rapidly, and his electrolytes became imbalanced…his friends tried to talk him out of this diet but he kept up the crazy thing and then he also kept up the excercise, and he lost weight very rapidly, and within like 2 wks his body just gave out, and he died. I would say the amount of weight you are losing in that period of time is very unhealthy…go look up on websites normal weight loss amounts per week, its like 1 to 3 lbs maybe…

you only consume a normal person about 2000 calories per day, so if you did not eat ANYTHING, for a week, thats 14000 calories about 5 lbs lost, well not even that, its about 4…because each lb is 3500 calories…so for you to lose 8lbs in a week, and you are still eating, that strikes me as extreme

» That’s debatable. What danger do you think I might encounter?

For me, weight loss is easy when I cut my calorie intake because I have a very physical job and frequently walk 12 to 15 miles daily, along with being active after work. My girlfriend, who has a much more sedentary job, lost two pounds in the first six days. The woman who devised the diet has lost 8 pounds in something like a month, and her mother has lost twenty pounds in a month and a half. Regardless of the weight loss, the key point relating to this discussion is the fact (I believe) that the liver can be cleansed naturally through dietary means. This enables the liver to perform it’s functions much more effectively. I can say anecdotally that I have more energy now than I did a week ago.

Mrbrightside can you briefly outline what your program involves?

The one Hogan posted seems pretty simple, it’s stuff I can easily find from my grocery store. The one thing that I don’t like is that they ask you to drink a lot of apple juice. Apple juice makes me go to the bathroom, the amount of apple juice they recommend will definitely give me diarrhea .

http://home.bluegrass.net/~jclark/liver_cleanse.htm

It’s not easy to post completely. She printed two pages of instructions for the first two weeks. If I get more time later, I’ll try to elaborate, but essentially it’s this:

Hot water with juice of half a lemon first thing in the morning.
8 oz. unsweetened cranberry juice with 58 oz. pure water each day
1 oz. flax seed oil am and pm
black currant oil capsule daily
1 tbls. ground flax seed twice daily.

No caffeine and no alcohol.

Allowed foods are lean meats, fruits, most vegetables.

No grains allowed yet. Dairy and grains are added in at a later date.

My diet usually consists of a fruit smoothie with whey powder for breakfast, a lunch of fruit, home made vegetable soup and salmon, turkey or a hard boiled egg. Dinner is similar, usually with a green salad with balsamic vinegar added in. I’m not even sure I’m following the diet perfectly, but it’s working for me. It’s a little bit boring, but well worth the results so far.

Now as a disclaimer, I do want to say that I am not endorsing this diet for anyone else, just posting it here for information purposes. Of course, always consult a medical professional before beginning any prolonged diet. (Even though my doctor is about 40 pounds overweight and wouldn’t know a good diet if it hit him in the face, but that’s another story. Hopefully your doctor is healthier.)

» For me, weight loss is easy when I cut my calorie intake because I have a
» very physical job and frequently walk 12 to 15 miles daily, along with
» being active after work. My girlfriend, who has a much more sedentary
» job, lost two pounds in the first six days. The woman who devised the
» diet has lost 8 pounds in something like a month, and her mother has lost
» twenty pounds in a month and a half. Regardless of the weight loss, the
» key point relating to this discussion is the fact (I believe) that the
» liver can be cleansed naturally through dietary means. This enables the
» liver to perform it’s functions much more effectively. I can say
» anecdotally that I have more energy now than I did a week ago.

The liver can be cleansed via natural methods. I mentioned the same fact a while back along with helping the Kidneys. If you have information regarding the kidneys for some of the readers - it woould be welcomed again.

Regards
Pete

I’m back. I decided to just re-register my login name again.

Anyway, I’ve done four liver flushes so far. I feel more energy and a lot more relaxed. Nothing to be afraid of. Nobody has ever died from them. Each time you do one it gets easier and easier. The first time I couldn’t sleep because I kept feeling stones moving through my body. The more I did, the less stones I got and the easier it was to sleep.

If you don’t believe the stones are real, add food coloring to the mixture. You’ll see the stones are still green. If they were fake, you’d still get the same amount every time.

I used Dr. Hulda clarks receipe.
http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp
There’s many out there, but this one is used by many people.

Here’s the thing though…they will waste an entire weekend. You have to go to bed early and the next day you won’t feel like doing anything. The best thing to do is take malic acid for a week before your flush. It gets more stones out. The more you get out, the less you have to do.

Organic Apple Cidar vingar, beet juice, and radish juice will also help in dissolving the stones. Many will drink this stuff a week before a flush too.

If you want to talk to people who know everything and everything about liver flushing, go here.
http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=447

Perry