Intercytex

I think a lot of people still have NO IDEA what I am getting at.

My goal is to facilitate discussions based on FACTUAL information. I have no intention of censoring criticisms as long as they are derived from FACTUAL information. What you wrote in your post is perfectly fine. You expressed your disappointment based on FACTUAL information.

What I will not tolerate is false information and/or misinformation. There is absolutely no indication that Intercytex has given up their research or that their research has failed. That is false, untrue, and defamatory. Posters will have to own up the responsibility for spreading such false information.

Hello my english friends,

I’m french and i saw that “Intercytex” practice a new method to heal the male baldness.

So have some question to ask to the english people, be cause the Intercytex factory is based in manchester.

First i want to know when the ICX-TRC can be sell to the public.

Second how much do cost this type of operation, and finally do Intercytex is the only one in the EU to use this technic.

Thanks.

Sam, Le C-Point Magazine

Hello Sam,

How about teleports? Do you know when these will be available to public and how much will it cost me to get from here to there?

Anyone who can answer these questions can also tell you when ICX-TRC will be available, because, it will be available within 5 years after the teleports hit the market.

===========================

Phase II is going to end in 2009, then ICX do not intend to carry on phase III trial unless someone else steps in and pays for it. This means, that the product will not be on the market before 2013. Well most probably it will not be available ever. Thus it will not cost you a single penny.

» There
» is absolutely no indication that Intercytex has given up their research or
» that their research has failed. That is false, untrue, and defamatory.

this is not false, this could be just an opinion

I agree with Hairsite.

There are to many crazies on this board, just because people didn’t get the results/information they wanted from ICX, when they wanted, they throw their toys out of the pram and cry and moan about it “failing”. Which is not the case at present.

» Hello Sam,
»
» How about teleports? Do you know when these will be available to public
» and how much will it cost me to get from here to there?
»
» Anyone who can answer these questions can also tell you when ICX-TRC will
» be available, because, it will be available within 5 years after the
» teleports hit the market.
»
» ===========================
»
» Phase II is going to end in 2009, then ICX do not intend to carry on phase
» III trial unless someone else steps in and pays for it. This means, that
» the product will not be on the market before 2013. Well most probably it
» will not be available ever. Thus it will not cost you a single penny.

intercytex always said the “earliest date” is 2010. that doesnt mean they have failed if it comes out now at 2013 or later. it just needs a bit longer than many thought.
like it seems, if they have success, follica is the best bet at the moment. but only if they have success. if not then it looks bad for the next few years.

Right or wrong: Intercytex will stop their work (ICX-TRC) because there are no investor for this project?

So we can say that the type of therapy will aviable in 10,20 years or it’s dead??

Sam, Le C-POINT magazine

I disagreee. Currently imho the likehood of ICX failing is bigger then likehood of ICX succeeding.

It may be available in 10 years, but It may also not. I personally doubt ICX would spent 10 years working on it. They will stop working on it sooner than that if it is really not going to pan out.

Here are some informations we know so far:

1. they will not go ahead with phase III unless someone else pays for it (and likehood of this happening is quite low)

2. they released some preliminary phase II results but so far it is quite poor and disapointing. It basically looks like the project is not going so well as they were hoping.

Oficially their web page says that it will not be available before 2010. But If you understand how clinical trials work, it is apparent that it won’t happen before 2013. Design of, aproval, conduction and review of phase III + commercialization takes 4 years at least (in fact it takes like 5 years in average I’d say, it’s the biggest phase out of the 3). Phase II ends in early 2009. 2013 is thus very optimistic (and maybe even naive) date. I do not expect anything from them before 2015 even if they managed to revive the procedure and some big pharma paid for the trial.

From what we know we can say that fair answer to your questions is, that with great amount of luck, it may be available after 2013 or so. But it may easily happen that it will never be available simply because, it does not work good enough.

=================

When it comes to follica (the next big thing and hope for all bald guys out there), they have to yet to start trials on humans. That means that probability of it working is quite low. Most treatments work perfectly in mice and fail on humans. Assuming it worked, then there are two options.

First: follica will somehow persuade FDA that rubbing it into your wounded scalp is safe even without proper 3 trials. Some guys believe that this will happen. All in all even the scientists hope that this could happen. Their reasoning behind that is that all the drugs they use are already aproved for other things, so it is just taking that drug and wounding your scalp and rubbing it into the wound. Truth is that it probably won’t be so easy to persuade the FDA, the same way as it was not with ICX-TRC (they also wanted to skip phase III altogether, but failed persuading the agency). Why it won’t be easy? It’s logical to ask, if it can grow new cells and new hair follicles. What is a likehood of growing even malfunctioning cells (ie carcinoma?). FDA will raise this question for sure thus, the trials will be necessary and the hopes of skipping them is just biased wishful thinking of a) guys who are desperate b) scientists who would love to skip it and start making money as soon as possible of course.

So this leads us to more probable scenario and that is that this treatment will need proper testing as all other treatments do. And that basically would mean 12-15 years away, and likehood of it passing far less then 30%.

===============

So the question really is. Can you wait 5-10 years for ICX or 15 years for follica? How old are you going to be? And most importantly. Are you prepared to wait 15 years and then realize that it all failed? Is there any other solution? (ie shave your head and go?) These are viable options. If you fail these, then well there is no options left and you will have to suffer through your baldness the same way I do and many on these forums do.

It’s stupid pathetic, and we all hate it but there’s nothing that could be done about it.

» Right or wrong: Intercytex will stop their work (ICX-TRC) because there are
» no investor for this project?
»
»
» So we can say that the type of therapy will aviable in 10,20 years or it’s
» dead??
»
»
» Sam, Le C-POINT magazine

» I disagreee. Currently imho the likehood of ICX failing is bigger then
» likehood of ICX succeeding.
And whats about Follica or Anderson?

Helpme:Are you from German?

» I agree with Hairsite.
»
» There are to many crazies on this board, just because people didn’t get
» the results/information they wanted from ICX, when they wanted, they throw
» their toys out of the pram and cry and moan about it “failing”. Which is
» not the case at present.

With regard to people crying that ICX said small scale commercialization would be here in 2008/09, that was a best case scenario prediction. Since this prediction was made the MHRA ruled TRC as a drug, so it now has to go through all three phases.

ICX looking for a partner for TRC in phase III is completely normal and if you keep up to date with ICX, it has been their plan for at least 1-2 years now, it was not a spur of the moment “aaah were failing lets get rid!” thing.
(Partnering with the likes of Bosley {A huge HT company, that have more advertisement/marketing ability/money than ICX} ties in nicely with ICX prediction that their current best possible results would work best as a filler for a transplant.)

ICX have stated what results they are expecting to get from TRC, and it’s a hell of a lot less that the expectations of about 99% of the people on this board.
There not aiming for 100% complete and natural density, they are aiming for something that would be a filler for a HT (which wouldn’t be that bad, think double the grafts).
ICX knows its protocol for TRC in not perfect and are aiming for results within their technological boundaries.

This information has been given by ICX.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see TRC on the market within 7-10 years with mediocre results.

I for one don’t even care about ICX-TRC anymore (It would be nice if we got it) but I’m more hopeful for Folica, I completely disagree with debris theory about folica’s method and I feel much more confident in the opinions of the people behind it.

Even if folica does have to go through III phases of clinical trials, it won’t take 10-15 years, because everything is approved for other uses so it won’t need the full whack of safety/efficacy trials as something like TRC would.

Anyway I’m sure they won’t need to go through these kind of trials but they would need some kind of over all review after 1-2 years of their testing.

(Who knows, they may go through 1 year of trials like they plan, get denied by the FDA and have to go through III phases and another review, which would be a buzz kill.)

I’m confident though in the opinions in the people behind folica that it won’t need III stages of clinical trial but a small trial and then review. And no debris, im not a desperate bald guy :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry stevi but as you know i’m french and i not very understand what you meaning…

So my friends can we believe on intercytex works???

Sam LE C-Point magazine.

…What “Follica” is??

» …What “Follica” is??
Im from Germany.
Intercytex works at HM.Follica,Anderson,Histogen an many more works at HM.But Intercytex is the first company that have start trials at humans.The most things,that Follica the best.
Sorry,my englsich is shi…:smiley:

This is nice example of typical reaction. You do not want the true answers. All you want to hear is that it is going to be available soon.

I can’t help you unless you accept this simple fact:

It is not going to be availabe any time soon. That means most probably, no cure within the next 5 years.

If you want to write an article about hair loss cures, write something about head shaving.

» Sorry stevi but as you know i’m french and i not very understand what you
» meaning…
»
» So my friends can we believe on intercytex works???
»
»
»
» Sam LE C-Point magazine.

I believe.

» I believe.

me not

» …What “Follica” is??

Nothing ! forget this name.

» I believe.

Accept your baldness or get a hair transplant,which are now,or you might be waiting for ever!

» Sorry stevi but as you know i’m french and i not very understand what you
» meaning…
»
» So my friends can we believe on intercytex works???
»
»
»
» Sam LE C-Point magazine.

nan, ca marche pas … Comme te dirons les anglais les résultats ne sont pas concluants pour le moment, et de toutes façons personne ne pourra te dire ce qu’il en est vraiment (la plupart des lecteurs sont américains et lisent ce forum comme seul source d’information concernant icx). Actuellement, intercytex a terminé la phase II des tests et fortement “éludé” sur les résultats qui étaient un peu décevant, et par ailleurs Interctyex a aussi fait savoir qu’il n’étaient pas prêts à financer les essais cliniques à venir (ils attendent un possible financement de Bosley, avec lesquels ils ont un accord commercial). En gros : c’est pas aussi bon qu’espèré initialement et en retard, donc rien n’est perdu mais rien vraiment n’est gagné non plus et si ça sort ce n’est pas avant 2012 - 2015 … c’est une théorie intéressante et “legit”, mais concrètement y’a pas grand chose pour l’instant. Finalement, intercytex est une petite boite qui n’est pas au top financièrement en ce moment … “The next big thing” pourrait être Follica, mais bon tout ça c’est de la recherche donc incertain par essence.

voili, voilo

(heu sinon j’ai du mal a croire que tu bosses pour le point ???)