Intercytex announces introduction of Vavelta at FACE

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/releases/2007/2007-07-02/

Intercytex announces introduction of Vavelta at FACE - the UK’s largest medical aesthetic conference

2nd July 2007

Cambridge, UK: Intercytex Group plc, the cell therapy company focused on aesthetic medicine and tissue repair, announces that it has introduced VAVELTA, its facial rejuvenation product, for the first time at the Facial Aesthetic Conference and Exhibition (FACE) held from 29th June to 1st July in London. FACE is the largest medical aesthetic conference in the UK for practitioners and clinics that deliver predominantly non-surgical medical aesthetic treatments.

VAVELTA is on track for launch in the second half of 2007 and will be launched initially with a selected group of physicians who have significant experience in the use of cell therapy for facial rejuvenation. It is expected that the first VAVELTA practitioners will be announced shortly.

Intercytex’ stand at FACE focused on the use and underlying science of cell therapy in aesthetic medicine. It was supported by a presentation given to conference delegates by Dr Paul Kemp, Intercytex’ Chief Scientific Officer, entitled ‘From cells to cell therapy’.

VAVELTA incorporates the same cells, allogeneic human fibroblasts, as used in two other Intercytex products in development - ICX-SKN (skin graft replacement) and ICX-PRO (chronic wound healing).

Nick Higgins, Intercytex’ CEO, said: “We are very pleased to have commenced the launch phase of VAVELTA. This represents the culmination of a considerable effort to complete the development of VAVELTA, a novel facial rejuvenation product which we will believe will make a considerable impact in the rapidly expanding aesthetic medicine market.”

see also:
http://www.cosmeticconference.co.uk/Speakers/Info.asp?ID=43

Would this have worked for your sagging chin?

The stock the next 3 days will rise like hell! Very promising.

ICX seems very confident about their Valveta. They just started their trial last spring. I guess they have already some data…

If they have data for Valveta that started only few months ago, they should are data for TRC that starts at the beginning of the winter.

Can’t wait for september :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anybody know what Vavelta really does? Is it supposed to remove wrinkles? Smooth out your skin? I would like something to remove the “bags” under my eyes that have started forming the last couple of years and “tighten” up the skin there before it gets too noticeable (I’m 43). Would it do that? Although, really I’d rather just have my hair back. The eyes and face would just be a bonus. I don’t need that to function (unlike hair, which I do need to function).

» Does anybody know what Vavelta really does? Is it supposed to remove
» wrinkles? Smooth out your skin? I would like something to remove the
» “bags” under my eyes that have started forming the last couple of years
» and “tighten” up the skin there before it gets too noticeable (I’m 43).
» Would it do that? Although, really I’d rather just have my hair back.
» The eyes and face would just be a bonus. I don’t need that to function
» (unlike hair, which I do need to function).

I’ve been waiting so long for HM, I could probably use some of this face stuff, too. LOL.

Actually, I’m like you: getting my hair back is the important part.

I don’t mind turning gray or having wrinkles, so long as it’s not the sickly or defeated kind of old looking.

» Would this have worked for your sagging chin?

Hi Ahab,

I doubt this would have worked anywhere as near as well as the surgery did. My condition wasn’t so much a sagging chin, as a pretty hefty fat deposit under my chin. The surgeon suctioned out the fat (using 3 small incisions – one behind each earlobe, and one beneath the tip of my chin at the midpoint), and tightened the “platysma” muslces underneath the chin, giving me a more youthful profile. I don’t see how any “facial rejuvenation product”, even if it contains cellular products, can accomplish anything mechanical like that. Fortunately, the doctor said my skin was very youthful and tight, so after he did his work and the swelling went down (in about 6 weeks), the skin kind of snapped back into place, instead of sagging.

Still, this stuff probably wouldn’t hurt and might even help a little.

Hey how many years was valveta in trials?Does anybody know??? maybe this could help for our predictions about HM!!!

I don’t know when they started the trials, but according to their latest info, they are releasing Vavelta BEFORE phase II is completed (says they are gathering Phase II data AFTER the release). Don’t know if that will translate to TRC, but it would be nice.

» I don’t know when they started the trials, but according to their latest
» info, they are releasing Vavelta BEFORE phase II is completed (says they
» are gathering Phase II data AFTER the release). Don’t know if that will
» translate to TRC, but it would be nice.

AJ thats the best post i ve ever read in here…thanx for the info,it raises hopes that they are releasing it before the trials finish!!!

Hi JTR:

Pardon my interest, but I may also be considering the same procedure in a few years. Did the outcome meet with your expectations? What are you most and least pleased with, and why? Do you look like you did in your early thirties/late twenties? Thanks.

I bet :ok: the same thing will happen with HM. They will launch the ICX-TRC product with phase III trials. How else they would state:

“We are investigating whether there are opportunities to initiate the small scale commercialization of ICX-TRC in 2008. This will depend on the outcome of the ongoing Phase II trial and further regulatory review”.

We see it with Vavelta, we going to see it with ICX-PRO we will fortunately see it with ICX-TRC…

» I bet :ok: the same thing will happen with HM. They will launch the ICX-TRC
» product with phase III trials. How else they would state:
»
» “We are investigating whether there are opportunities to initiate the
» small scale commercialization of ICX-TRC in 2008. This will depend on the
» outcome of the ongoing Phase II trial and further regulatory review”.
»
» We see it with Vavelta, we going to see it with ICX-PRO we will
» fortunately see it with ICX-TRC…

How do you know it will happen with PRO?

» product with phase III trials. How else they would state:
»
» “We are investigating whether there are opportunities to initiate the
» small scale commercialization of ICX-TRC in 2008. This will depend on the
» outcome of the ongoing Phase II trial and further regulatory review”.
»
» We see it with Vavelta, we going to see it with ICX-PRO we will
» fortunately see it with ICX-TRC…

It’s worth remembering that TRC is the only one of their products that is autologous as opposed to allogenic. I was pleased to see that they had passed Phase 1 on SKN (artificial skin) with such encouraging results as that was a real acheivement and reflects well on the skill of Kemp and co. and would indicate that they are up to the task of regrowing hair as well.

» » I bet :ok: the same thing will happen with HM. They will launch the
» ICX-TRC
» » product with phase III trials. How else they would state:
» »
» » “We are investigating whether there are opportunities to initiate the
» » small scale commercialization of ICX-TRC in 2008. This will depend on
» the
» » outcome of the ongoing Phase II trial and further regulatory review”.
» »
» » We see it with Vavelta, we going to see it with ICX-PRO we will
» » fortunately see it with ICX-TRC…
»
» It’s worth remembering that TRC is the only one of their products that is
» autologous as opposed to allogenic. I was pleased to see that they had
» passed Phase 1 on SKN (artificial skin) with such encouraging results as
» that was a real acheivement and reflects well on the skill of Kemp and co.
» and would indicate that they are up to the task of regrowing hair as well.

Could you explain a little bit as to why this is important? Specifically what is the difference between autologous and allogenic. Thanks

» Hi JTR:
»
» Pardon my interest, but I may also be considering the same procedure in a
» few years. Did the outcome meet with your expectations? What are you
» most and least pleased with, and why? Do you look like you did in your
» early thirties/late twenties? Thanks.

Yes, ESP, the procedure really met my expectations. It is a worthwhile procedure to have done if you have the same problem I had. I would say it took OVER 10 years off my appearance. I look now like I did in about 1993-94.

If you look around you, other than receding hairlines on men, and sagging breasts in women, the contour of the NECK is the single biggest indicator that suggests a person (of either sex) is aging. (Gray hair is easy to fix for both sexes with hair dye.)

Another thing my doctor said: Don’t sleep on your stomach! When people habitually sleep on their stomachs, the head is turned to either one side or another the whole night. This stretches out the frontal neck muscles, and allows fat tissue to creep into the area. This can lead to the “double-chin” or bulging neckline condition I had (and I am NOT a fat person).

Sleep on your back! At first it will be uncomfortable, but if you keep doing it, you’ll see how comfortable it really is. And you’ll breathe a lot easier, too!

nt

I had no idea that a particular sleeping position could affect one’s appearance, but it certainly makes sense. I started sleeping on my back a few years ago in an effort to improve my posture and avoid waking up with a crick in my neck. Before then, I always slept on my stomach, with my head to one side or the other, and I agree–it was easy to get used to and I feel better rested waking up after sleeping on my back. Congrats, and thanks for keeping us informed about your progress.

» product with phase III trials.

bloody loony