Ingrown Hairs

For those of you who have had a HT previously, I was wondering what your experience was with ingrown hairs? Do they slowly taper off, do you get them until everything has grown in? Just wondering?

SDS1977:

I have usually received a “wave” of ingrown hairs/pimples ate about the three-month mark following some of my procedures. I have never had more than three or four at any one time. The ingrown hairs have generally lasted no more than a month or so. I have tried to just leave them alone, but have popped some by shampooing in the past. Not to worry, the ingrown hairs are either truly ingrown hairs or are just fragments of hair shafts that were left behind in the transplanted graft and have caused irritation trying to get out. At any rate, popping or not, the follicle is very likely undamaged and will grow a new hair.

What is your opinion of your FUE so far?

» SDS1977:
»
» I have usually received a “wave” of ingrown hairs/pimples ate about the
» three-month mark following some of my procedures. I have never had more
» than three or four at any one time. The ingrown hairs have generally lasted
» no more than a month or so. I have tried to just leave them alone, but have
» popped some by shampooing in the past. Not to worry, the ingrown hairs are
» either truly ingrown hairs or are just fragments of hair shafts that were
» left behind in the transplanted graft and have caused irritation trying to
» get out. At any rate, popping or not, the follicle is very likely undamaged
» and will grow a new hair.
»
» What is your opinion of your FUE so far?

I started getting them around the 2 1/2 month mark, and during month 3 there were a lot of them. They have tapered off now but I still have at least two or three at a time. I have noticed that lots of them end up being hair fragments, so I was just curious if others had this same experience.

As far as FUE, the recovery was a breeze and the donor area healed super fast. By 14 days out, my donor area looked completely normal. It is still way too early to judge the results in the recipient area, but things are starting to pop up and I’m starting to get some growth. Overall, I’m very happy so far with my decision.