If you had to estimate

»
» It depends on the price, it has to be affordable, I am excited over what
» Cooley and Hitzig are doing with Acell because that means any doctor can
» more or less do the same and that will bring the cost down.
»
» But if companies like Aderans succeeds then they will have a monopoly and
» the cost for the procedure will be sky high.
»
» I want my hair bad but not so bad as to fork over a Mercedes Benz in order
» to get my hair back.

I think the acell stuff is going to, at least initially, be extremely expensive. I contacted Hitzig’s office to see about getting PRP done with Acell mixed in it. Normally, PRP goes for about 800$/treatment. With the addition of Acell to it, I was quoted 3000$ for one treatment on the entire scalp. Thought that was extremely expensive and declined. I’m not sure the Dr’s even know yet if it’s any more effective than just PRP… No way can i risk that much cash on something unproven.

If they’re charging that much for a procedure which is relatively easy to do (can be done in about 1hr in the clinic), i can only imagine what they’ll charge if they’re plucking individual hairs and then having to dip each one in Acell. Probably be astronomical.

» »
» » It depends on the price, it has to be affordable, I am excited over
» what
» » Cooley and Hitzig are doing with Acell because that means any doctor
» can
» » more or less do the same and that will bring the cost down.
» »
» » But if companies like Aderans succeeds then they will have a monopoly
» and
» » the cost for the procedure will be sky high.
» »
» » I want my hair bad but not so bad as to fork over a Mercedes Benz in
» order
» » to get my hair back.
»
» I think the acell stuff is going to, at least initially, be extremely
» expensive. I contacted Hitzig’s office to see about getting PRP done with
» Acell mixed in it. Normally, PRP goes for about 800$/treatment. With the
» addition of Acell to it, I was quoted 3000$ for one treatment on the entire
» scalp. Thought that was extremely expensive and declined. I’m not sure the
» Dr’s even know yet if it’s any more effective than just PRP… No way can i
» risk that much cash on something unproven.
»
» If they’re charging that much for a procedure which is relatively easy to
» do (can be done in about 1hr in the clinic), i can only imagine what
» they’ll charge if they’re plucking individual hairs and then having to dip
» each one in Acell. Probably be astronomical.

yea… it will take a while for a competitive market to arise… I’m hoping the price for FUE will drop once ACell becomes more widely available… then i would probably undergo an initial FUE transplant to bridge the time until ACell becomes more affordable…

on a side note however… i do remember reading that ACell itself is by no means cheap… so i think at least a part of those additional $2200 are material cost…

Remember though, grafts with Acell, give a better result with less grafts used…so hopefully that will keep the price somewhat lower

» » Its pretty clear it won’t be within the next five years, and probably
» not
» » within the next ten
. Within the next 15? 20? Who knows? But it
» far more
» » likely. Within the next 50? I’d say that’s an absolute certainty
» given
» » the rate of scientific advancement. I think it can be safely said that
» a
» » child born this year will never suffer from hairloss.
»
» Yeah right you say its pretty clear but dont show us evidence instead you
» kepp making assumption Way to go.
»
» But hey i like it, everytime someone starts a depression thread, fckrls is
» on the case

it seems that you are obsessed with the idea, that you get more hair if you can convince more people for the acell and the gho thing.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

you try to convince us in such an agressive,stubborn way - it is unbelievable :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

» » Its pretty clear it won’t be within the next five years, and probably
» not
» » within the next ten
. Within the next 15? 20? Who knows? But it
» far more
» » likely. Within the next 50? I’d say that’s an absolute certainty
» given
» » the rate of scientific advancement. I think it can be safely said that
» a
» » child born this year will never suffer from hairloss.
»
» Yeah right you say its pretty clear but dont show us evidence instead you
» kepp making assumption Way to go.
»
» But hey i like it, everytime someone starts a depression thread, fckrls is
» on the case.

We should listen to fckhrls; afterall, he was right about acell being a complete failure, and he was right to remorselessly harass Willy for trying to help us. *cough *cough *sarcasm

» you try to convince us in such an agressive,stubborn way - it is
» unbelievable :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Totally agree with you, Mr. matigol!
It seems that Mr Leeroy.Jenkins is not very successful in copying me.

But guys like you, Mr matigol …

Source (video comments below) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaTmS1tBDzM

… who seem to be VERY impressed about me (I like your special created YouTube username) and my successful info-work, aren’t successful too – through trying to do the opposite “in such an agressive,stubborn way” – what’s indeed nearly unbelievable.

Best regards,
your superhero

p.s.: Actually, I have no name. But besides ‘batman’, YOU can call me ‘Messiah’ as well – if you wish.

@Rev - It’s not just Dr. Epstein on YouTube,
because “dubious readers/users” try to hijack Dr. Rassman’s blog too:

Title: “Reader Doesn’t Think ACell Will Work
http://www.baldingblog.com/2010/12/14/reader-doesnt-think-acell-will-work/

I like to read all the user comments below the article … :smiley:

@Freddie555: I think no one have a clue of when “something” is available on the market. Especially on this forum. Otherwise people wouldn’t freak out every time a speculation is made on the holly HM timeline.

There has been lots of exciting advances in the hair research and industry field this last decade. Many options look now promising and are yet to show their efficiency on humans as their marketable viability. However, there’s still no evidence for a hair loss cure in the near future.

If you pay attention to the last decade, you will see that many big players and top researchers failed to achieve any positive result regarding hair multiplication. Among the most importants:

• Gho made a first attempt and claimed that HM would be a reality in 2006. As far as i remember, this buzz started on hairsite back in 1997. I remember many people being completely ecstatic (including myself) in 2003-2006, believing HM was “round the corner”. Gho eventually stopped his research on hair cloning and got his clinic bankrupt, lacking a viable protocol for hair cloning.
  • Intercytex, a UK firm, also tried to bring HM to the market. It started in 2005 if my memory is correct. ICX failed to pass phase II clinical trials (bad results) and got bankrupt in 2009 in the middle of the financial crisis.
  • Aderans Research: made a publication in 2003 claiming HM would be on the market in 2005. Many interview were given in the early 2000’s with Ken Washenik himself, stating that “HM would be a reality in 3 to 5 years”. Yes, you hear me this has been said dozens of time just about 7-8 years ago. Later, he even got on TV and said that HM would be on the market in late 2009. We’re a few days from 2011 now, ARI’s best timeline for small scale commercialization is 2014. The phase II trials are still ongoing to prove the efficiency of the product.
    BTW, those firms can lever millions of dollars, they have PhDs and top scientists working 24/7 on HM. I need not tell you that many other firms are working on the subject, amongst many of them already released snake oils or false hopes (Lion corp, Neosil OSH-101, Curis, …).

If you add the fact that all players in the field agree to say that there is no silver bullet, and that a cure for hair loss will be a combination of procedures (surgical or not, PRP, hair cloning, etc), i think one can fairly assume that the “cure” - at least something decent - is still far away. It may be very close from a research and a generational point of view, but it’s probably 10, 15 to 25 years aways before you can go the HM store and get your Norwood scale reset to I.

» - Gho made a first attempt and claimed that HM would be a reality in 2006.
» As far as i remember, this buzz started on hairsite back in 1997. I
» remember many people being completely ecstatic (including myself) in
» 2003-2006, believing HM was “round the corner”. Gho eventually stopped his
» research on hair cloning and got his clinic bankrupt, lacking a viable
» protocol for hair cloning.
» - Intercytex, a UK firm, also tried to bring HM to the market. It started
» in 2005 if my memory is correct. Failed to pass phase II clinical trials
» and got bankrupt in 2009 in the middle of the financial crisis.
» - Aderans Research: made a publication in 2003 claiming HM would be on the
» market in 2005. Many interview were given in the early 2000’s with Ken
» Washenik himself, stating that “HM would be a reality in 3 to 5 years”.
» Later, he even got on TV and said that HM would be on the market in late
» 2009. We’re a few days from 2011 and ARI’s best timeline for small scale
» commercialization is 2014, phase II trials still ongoing to prove the
» efficiency of the product.

It was never any mystery why those deadlines were not met. It’s called common sense.

ARI started FDA trials in about 2002 or 03. They weren’t gonna get through the 10-year process by 2005. Those kinds of predictions insult our intelligence.

» If you had the fact that all players in the field agree that there is no
» silver bullet, and that a cure for hair loss will be a combination of
» procedures (surgical or not, PRP, hair cloning, etc), i think one can
» fairly assume that the cure is still far away. It may be very close from a
» research and generational point of view, but it’s probably 10 to 15 years
» aways before you can go the HM store and get your Norwood scale reset to I.

I don’t see how there can’t be any silver bullet. Histogen for example seems very capable of being just that. Maybe not in 2 years but I think it’s a reasonable possibility to happen in the next 3-10 years (outside the FDA).

» » you try to convince us in such an agressive,stubborn way - it is
» » unbelievable :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
»
» Totally agree with you, Mr. matigol!
» It seems that Mr Leeroy.Jenkins is not very successful in copying me.

» Best regards,
» your superhero
»
» p.s.: Actually, I have no name. But besides ‘batman’, YOU can call me
» ‘Messiah’ as well

hair-messiah

todavia loco:-D :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

» view, but it’s probably 10, 15 to 25 years aways before you can go the HM
» store and get your Norwood scale reset to I.

That’s depressing to say the least.

We may be the last generation to suffer this but damn. Its like being the last soldier to die in war just before the guns fall silent and the enemy surrenders.

Personaly, what pisses me off the most is the lack of any decent treatment to halt (not regrow) hair loss in, say what ?, 2011. There’s nothing on the market, nothing somehow conclusive & proven to work to some extent.
One has to browse the shyt out of the forum and make his own unproven formula to expect anything.

Meanwhile, and most of all, we continue to read the same old stupid articles in the media, claiming that rogaine rocks and that baldness is OK, like sexy. No kidding ? Baldness may not be life threatening or anyhing that close, but it stills plain SUCKS when you get affected by it in your 20s. Big firms sell big snakeoils to make big money, same ol’ shyt still kickin in.

I’m past 30 now, so i really don’t care for hair loss as much as I used to, although i sometime think my life could have been “better” without this stupid baldness. I’ve learned to live with it, simple as that. Anyway, life is not just about hair, there are many other problems in life that a man has to deal with, lol. All in all, your life can reach an end tomorrow, so maybe one should try to enjoy the road while it’s there and not focus too much on this (shyt, nonetheless). Some of the greatest persons in history were bald, and if you ask me, Hitler had hair and all he managed to do in life is to make war and get nowadays loosers think he was right. The point was never hair, afterall.

cheers

» Personaly, what pisses me off the most is the lack of any decent treatment
» to halt (not regrow) hair loss in, say what ?, 2011. There’s nothing on the
» market, nothing somehow conclusive & proven to work to some extent.

Avodart / Propecia
Rogaine
Nizoral 2%

The big 3 will definately buy you time if you catch your hair loss from the outset. I wasted precious years with snake oil treatments and doing nothing until I found the truth.

» We should listen to fckhrls; afterall, he was right about acell being a
» complete failure, and he was right to remorselessly harass Willy for trying
» to help us. *cough *cough *sarcasm

Oh - has there been PROOF that ACELL is anything more than another HT “fad”? Nothing more than yet another way to charge desperate people more money for something that delivers…what exactly has it delivered? Has there been a double-blind study by an impartial panel? Or just more claims from HT “doctors”? If I missed the double blind study (you know, the way SCIENTISTS measure phenomena), please link it.

Lets see - what have I been right about so far?

ICX? Yup.
Aderans? Check.
ACELL. Uhuh.

But keep on believing, Revtard - even a broken clock is once twice a day. Unfortunately for most, you’ll be well into your fifties (if ever) when that time comes for you.

» Avodart / Propecia
» Rogaine
» Nizoral 2%
»
» The big 3 will definately buy you time if you catch your hair loss from
» the outset. I wasted precious years with snake oil treatments and doing
» nothing until I found the truth.

Thanks for the info. Actually, I’m using rogaine and Nizoral from time to time without any real success. I don’t want to use Propecia/Avodart because of potential side effects and long term use.

According to research in Germany, it could be 5 years away…

http://onefaceinamillion.com/hair-loss-cure-5-years-away/2260/

» According to research in Germany, it could be 5 years away…

When is it ever not 5 years away…

» I don’t want to use Propecia/Avodart because
» of potential side effects and long term use.

Then prepare to go bald.