ICX TRC - close proximity

Hi,

I’ve just noticed something interesting in the last years research update:

ICX-TRC is a novel hair regeneration product. It consists of a suspension of
autologous dermal papilla (DP) cells. These cells are able to stimulate the generation of new hairs when injected into the scalp in close proximity to the epithelial cells which generate the hair.

It’s something they never mentioned before so possibly they tested this idea positively some time recently. I would not be surprised if the results were better on the patients where the cells were injected directly to the follicles.

It also seems to be another supporting hint for the rejuvenation theory.

»
» ICX-TRC is a novel hair regeneration product. It consists of a suspension
» of
» autologous dermal papilla (DP) cells. These cells are able to
» stimulate the generation of new hairs when injected into the scalp in
» close proximity to the epithelial cells which generate the hair.

»

ok, so I’m confused about this now. Does this mean that if hair juice is injected near existing hair follicle it will result in new follicle(s), however, if its injected on the existing hair follicle then it will rejuvenate that follicle?

it says that it needs to be injected to near proximity to the cells which generate hair. on baldies scalp only the dormant follicles generate hair. thus I understand it that it needs to be injected near the dormant follicle to rejuvenate it.

I admit that it may be possible to come up with other explanations so if anyone has some, post it.

do you think Intercytex can also use chest hair to extract DP cells and use those on head? I have severe thinning allover but chest hair are pretty thick - think that might work out?

» it says that it needs to be injected to near proximity to the cells which
» generate hair. on baldies scalp only the dormant follicles generate hair.
» thus I understand it that it needs to be injected near the dormant
» follicle to rejuvenate it.
»
» I admit that it may be possible to come up with other explanations so if
» anyone has some, post it.

Click on the TRC animation video at the bottom of the page. It appears to indicate that injections near the follicles will rejuvinate, whereas injections away from the follicles will create new hairs upon interaction with appropriate cells.

http://www.intercytex.com/

» Click on the TRC animation video at the bottom of the page. It appears to
» indicate that injections near the follicles will rejuvinate, whereas
» injections away from the follicles will create new hairs upon interaction
» with appropriate cells.

Just noticed another thing in the animation. For rejuvenation, the cells are injected deep into the skin, whereas for neogenesis, they are injected near the top - where they intereact with Keratinocytes to create new follicle.

» Just noticed another thing in the animation. For rejuvenation, the cells
» are injected deep into the skin, whereas for neogenesis, they are injected
» near the top - where they intereact with Keratinocytes to create new
» follicle.

I noticed that also. What’s odd is that they (the neogenesis injections) are closer to the surface, but travel deeper to mix with keratinocytes and form new follicles. Also, the hair chute is formed by the “path” bored out by the serum, and not the needle itself.

I just assumed that the animation wasn’t necessarily to scale and/or that the computer graphics artist did the best he/she could with the information provided by ICX. The animation is probably not a 100% precise representation of what’s going on from a scientific standpoint, so much as a demonstrative aid of how they believe it to work.

It’s just an animation. I doubt that it was created by any scientist.

Two sub-groups of five subjects each were injected with DP cells using different delivery techniques. In the first sub-group, two out of five patients showed substantial increases in hair count at 24 weeks. In the second sub-group, all patients showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at six or twelve weeks.

Looks like the second cohort is doing much better then the first

» Two sub-groups of five subjects each were injected with DP cells using
» different delivery techniques. In the first sub-group, two out of five
» patients showed substantial increases in hair count at 24 weeks. In the
» second sub-group, all patients showed substantial and visible increased
» hair counts at six or twelve weeks.
»
» Looks like the second cohort is doing much better then the first

Its a bloody shame the Farjo Clinic don’t talk.I’d give them a call,but I know it would amount to a big nothing.They’d just take my name and number for future reference only.

I tried to get on the trials,I’m just glad I didn’t manage to get on them.Trial 2 did not mean a lot of hair,really.

I still think they will have a good product sooner or later.

Roll on trial 3 or small scale commercialization.I’ll be on the dog and bone then!

Roll on HM!