I spoke to HISTOGEN - Re: Investor Opportunities

didn’t read your entire post…the only stem cell approach that has had any success are adult stem cells. if histogens product involves fetal or embryonic stem cells the FDA is going to require a TON of testing. There is NO experience with this type of therapy in the past. There are NO long term safety studies. The idea that some guys on the internet are going to float Histogen money so they can get their product to market is silly. There is an added complication in that the FDA doesn’t consider MPB a life threatening disease so when they sit down do a risk/reward calculation, there is no way they are going to approve something this radical without YEARS of safety data.

I don’t care what they do, I wouldn’t use this therapy simply based on ethics. I am just giving my opinion of the practicality of bring an unknown product to market.

How is histogen different from Acell ? both companies said they are using the Extracellular matrix or something like that?

» rev, did the person say anything about ReGenica’s (for skin) launch? It was
» supposed to be launched in a month or two, how has lawsuit affected it’s
» launch?

I wrote them an e-mail in late Feb. letting them know of my support and the response was really nice. They said they were going to still move forward with the launch in March (so didn’t give an exact date). If you go directly to the site and click on “order Regenica” it says, “Histogen Aesthetics is now taking pre-orders, with product shipments beginning March 13, 2009.” the site is http://www.histogenaesthetics.com/

are you asking me? my understanding is that they are using aborted fetal remains. i’d rather continue with hairloss than get involved with that. if you aren’t asking me…i apologize.

» are you asking me? my understanding is that they are using aborted fetal
» remains.
i’d rather continue with hairloss than get involved with that. if
» you aren’t asking me…i apologize.

WOW, I see you haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about, Instead of listening to the insane religious right why don’t you do some research.

» are you asking me? my understanding is that they are using aborted fetal
» remains. i’d rather continue with hairloss than get involved with that. if
» you aren’t asking me…i apologize.

stfu. You don’t have a clue what you are talking about. My father was chieft of staff of ob/gyn and threw international medical conf on fetal rights, so I know the argument for fetal rights. READ THE INFORMATION. There is no use of fetal tissue. They created their product based on mimicking stem cells, and had no use of stem cells. Go after another company where you DO have an actual understanding of FACTS. I hate disturbers that only want to cause trouble and be purposefully ignorant.

Is it so hard to read their site? they are not using fetal or embryonic stem cells.

» Is it so hard to read their site? they are not using fetal or embryonic
» stem cells.

His approach is not reasoned since he is not listening to now 3 of us. My guess is he works for the company that had Naughton’s original patents, they feel misaligned, and will now not gain as she is now breaking through in a different way. So he is being spastic, unfactual and negative to create disinformation and bad PR. Probably best to ignore his posts.

wow first off everyone take a chill. especially dogstar…my goodness where is your tolerance. i stated an opinion, you guys are freaking out.

I went to their website and it said:

“This proprietary complex is created by growing newborn fibroblasts…”

Now I am not a scientist but I am pretty sure the only way you are going to create “newborn fibroblasts” are from embryos…which I am not interested in using.

Now if there are any scientist who want to clarify how this is not the case, I am willing to listen?

All you had to do is watch the first 15seconds of the video I posted to know Histogen does not use embryonic stem cells.

» wow first off everyone take a chill. especially dogstar…my goodness
» where is your tolerance. i stated an opinion, you guys are freaking out.
»
» I went to their website and it said:
»
» “This proprietary complex is created by growing newborn fibroblasts…”
»
» Now I am not a scientist but I am pretty sure the only way you are going
» to create “newborn fibroblasts” are from embryos…which I am not
» interested in using.
»
» Now if there are any scientist who want to clarify how this is not the
» case, I am willing to listen?

This is indeed fascinating stuff. If successful, human longevity would be increased.

And therein lies the problem.

Longevity of human life is not in the governments of the world’s best interest. They would prefer to REDUCE the population and a breakthrough like this is only going to INCREASE the population.
I think if it’s successful, it will meet with some SERIOUS opposition.
Just my cynical side again, I guess.

Your being purposely ignorant though, you say you didn’t read my post like it was to much of a chore, that says it all.
My post was largely a cut and paste of articles that are relevent to the flaws in your ‘opinion’.
It is not hard to read, type things you don’t understand in google and learn. That is the way the internet works.
You came to an opinion with out reading the facts and kept repeating it, of course people are going to correct you but taking it in is down to you.

The bigest problem on sites like these is the spread of bull sh*t, people latch on to it and spread it around.
A prime example of this is, some one on another site posted “what is histogen?” someone else said “I think its multiplying DP cells like ICX” and then everyone else who came to the thread would believe this and start slaming histogen. Without going off and investigating what it actually is them selves, damn.

Like rev said, the video he posted explains that they are triggering adult stem cells to behave like embryonic stem cells, not using embryonic stem like you think. Just need to press play.

If your worried about adult stem cells causing cancer, here is some recent news;
http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/080214/scientists-show-stem-cells-dont-cause-cancer.htm

There is a difference between fetal and embryonic cells by the way, and they haven’t caused tumor growth in every experiment, so there is only a tumor risk, not guarantee.
But seeing as histogen are not using embryonic or fetal stem cells the discusion on the ethics or safety of using these cells would be more appropriate in another thread.

» I went to their website and it said:
»
» “This proprietary complex is created by growing newborn fibroblasts…”
»
» Now I am not a scientist but I am pretty sure the only way you are going
» to create “newborn fibroblasts” are from embryos…which I am not
» interested in using.
»
» Now if there are any scientist who want to clarify how this is not the
» case, I am willing to listen?

You said you checked their site, I just checked it again and on the front page it says in big letters were the first 2 quotes, the rest are all from their site aswell;

Mimiking nature to create solutions for the future”

“Unique products that do not contain embryonic stem cells or animal components”

“There are no ethical drawbacks to the use and commercialization of fibroblasts”

“Histogen’s products are manufactured in proprietary closed bioreactors that mimic the embryonic environment.”

“The simulated embryonic environment encourages the fibroblasts to produce an ExceltrixTM material, which is rich in proteins and other valuable components characteristic of young, rapidly developing tissue.”

cells have produced a dense embryonic-like Exceltrix

“proprietary liquid formula created by the culturing of newborn fibroblasts in an embryonic-like environment and then harvesting the naturally secreted growth factors”

naturally-produced products from newborn fibroblasts grown in a proprietary bioreactor that mimics the embryonic environment.”

Histogen’s proprietary tissue-engineering process simulates the embryonic environment, including hypoxic conditions of 3-5% oxygen, and is used to manufacture all of Histogen’s products. Histogen has found that under these conditions, over 5,000 genes are uniquely expressed as compared to normoxic conditions.
The fibroblasts produce a non-soluble human ECM, rich in collagens and other valuable components characteristic of young, rapidly developing tissue. They produce a variety of naturally-secreted soluble biologicals with therapeutic potential, which are stabilized and bioactive in a biocompatible liquid formula. These include WNT proteins, which are key regulators of tissue formation and the regeneration of stem cells as well as a wide variety of growth, factors currently being characterized by Histogen researchers
.”

“Final products without embryonic stem cells or animal components”

"Histogen’s mission is to redefine regenerative medicine by developing a series of high value products without the use of embryonic stem cells or animal products. "

Hey guys,

i was wondering even if they succeed in mimicking an embryonic environment and induce re-growth of follicles… wouldn’t those follicles grow according to your genetic plan for the follicles… wouldn’t those follicles be sensitive to high levels of DHT and fall out eventually?

one could argue that the genetic clock is set back and it would take at least 17-20 years before they start to fall out… but isn’t the genetic clock defined by the heightened level of testosterone which was not present before puberty? Thus making the newly formed hairs fall out quite soon?

would appreciate your thoughts on this…

hairman

» Hey guys,
»
» i was wondering even if they succeed in mimicking an embryonic environment
» and induce re-growth of follicles… wouldn’t those follicles grow
» according to your genetic plan for the follicles… wouldn’t those
» follicles be sensitive to high levels of DHT and fall out eventually?
»
» one could argue that the genetic clock is set back and it would take at
» least 17-20 years before they start to fall out… but isn’t the genetic
» clock defined by the heightened level of testosterone which was not present
» before puberty? Thus making the newly formed hairs fall out quite soon?
»
» would appreciate your thoughts on this…
»
» hairman

This has been asked many times before, nobody knows unless they do a long term study to find out from the trial participants, even if they will fall out again, it 's still a better option than anything out there.

Yeah, we just don’t know.

Folica has said some mumbo-jumbo about “hairs forming in a different androgen environment” about the issue. But it basically sounds to me like they really have no clue. I get the feeeling they’re just hoping the hairs will last because it’s not the same situation as the original hairs in the womb and they don’t know either way.

The rush of hormones during puberty and teens will be MISSED though. That’s worth thinking about. If blocking androgen exposure is worth anything to us even if the androgen levels get restored to normal later (and Finasteride usage says it probably is), then just missing this period should be worth a lot. More than just the sum of the calendar years that the new hairs are set back since then.

And in the cases of anecdotal hair regrowth from wounds and Folica-type accidents, the stories don’t usually end with, “but the new hairs fell out a year later.” The general indication is that wounding can be worth something to restore hair, period. It might still be balding but IMHO it is probably not gonna rot back off in 6 months or anything.

IMHO at worst we’ll be redoing this Folica method half a dozen times more before we die. And remember than androgen levels drop over time as we age. Once you make it past 35 you’re never gonna be torturing your hairs that badly again.

NICE VIDEO REV.
I want to invest in Histogen!!!
Please keep us up to date.
They are talking now about completely regenerating NEW FACES through something called “DNA MEMORY”.
You can have the face (or any other part of your body) you had when you were 21 years old… theoretically.
With a new stem cell revolution upon us, this technology should be out within 5-6 years.
We can look young again even if you’re in your 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.
:smiley:

»
» NICE VIDEO REV.
» I want to invest in Histogen!!!
» Please keep us up to date.
» They are talking now about completely regenerating NEW FACES through
» something called “DNA MEMORY”.
» You can have the face (or any other part of your body) you had when you
» were 21 years old… theoretically.
» With a new stem cell revolution upon us, this technology should be out
» within 5-6 years.
» We can look young again even if you’re in your 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.
» :smiley:

you’re an idiot

You’re not keeping up with the new regenerative technologies my boy.
Tsk Tsk Tsk
Don’t you know the applications of ECM (Extra-Cellular-Matrices)?
Tsk Tsk Tsk

» You’re not keeping up with the new regenerative technologies my boy.
» Tsk Tsk Tsk
» Don’t you know the applications of ECM (Extra-Cellular-Matrices)?
» Tsk Tsk Tsk

In ealy 1980’s Minoxidil was discovered to treat mpb
In 1992 finasteride was discovered to treat male mpb
Late 1990’s Dutasteride was discovered to have treated mpb

In hair transplant we’ve gone from the pluggy look, to follicular unit strip surgery, to folliculat unit extraction (without the strip removal!); both looking 100% natural.

All in all you have to admit that hair transplant has advanced and come a long way in the past 15-20 years. Every 10 years we seem to have a breakthrough in technology for hair transplants or mpb. With technology advancing along the way I am confident “something” will be discovered and/or created within the next 10 years, by 2020. It might be some dust you sprinkle on your head, may be a super dut pill without the sides, or the ability to rejuvinate follicles dormant as old as 20 yrs, or may very well be another drug “stumbled” upon like finasteride, minoxidil, and dutasteride. Whatever it’s going to be, you are naive to think technology has reached its peek.

So, hairman that statement “you’re an idiot” was totally uncalled for. If the achievements we’ve made today were whispered 20 yrs ago you’d be the laughing stock of the day.