I need hair

Greetings!

I am a 26 year old male who is sadly going through basic pattern of hair loss. :no: I am about to be a type 2 on the Norwood scale. I have anonymously been doing research on plenty of blogs and forums. Everybody seems very knowledgeable about their hair loss. I am still trying to soak in as much as I can about a possible procedure. I would love to hear any input, suggestions, or comments about possible clinics. I am currently in California and have done research outside of the USA. Each clinic has its positive and negatives.
I would love to hear any insight you all could provide.
PLEASE ASSIST!

Thank you,
Curious.george
:slight_smile:

Your doing the right thing take your time,really take your time.
Look at the hairloss of older family men,if the go to a NW6-7, I wouldn’t bother,just shave your hair short.
For the comment I have just put I know I’m going to get ripped into,but lets be honest.
Propecia is a drug with drug related conditions and some times only works for several years.Look at natural alternatives,too.
Search on google use words like post prepecia,lawsuits,bad or problem hair transplants you’ll be amazed at what can be found,don’t get fooled by what you see on hairloss forums,remember some may be in the hair transplant industry.
Also as you get older,hairs important,but not as much as it is when your younger.
Hope this helps

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by curious.george[/postedby]
Greetings!

I am a 26 year old male who is sadly going through basic pattern of hair loss. :no: I am about to be a type 2 on the Norwood scale.
PLEASE ASSIST!

Thank you,
Curious.george
:-)[/quote]

A Norwood 2 at 26 isn’t bad unless you’re seeing the beginning of some aggressive thinning. I work at Dr. Cole’s office and have quite a few good suggestions related to preserving existing hair. Write down some questions and call me. 678-566-1011 Ask for Chuck

The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Have you considered Dr. Umar or Dr. Bisanga?

Just thought I’d recommend looking at them. I started losing my hair at 18. I"m 34 now and NW 3-4. I know I will be NW 6-7 years down the line but I refuse to not do something about it. I am getting closer to finally taking that step. It’s been a long time coming, but I was/am in the same boat you are in. If it really affects you then it is worth doing, some guys are okay with it, but I am not.

There are trade offs, yes you will most likely have to take drugs (big 3 or combo there of) to maintain your gains but eventually something else might come along to supplant them or we might have even bigger break throughs one day, also if you don’t have any or limited sides thinks might be okay. For me no sides. It’s wishful thinking on the break throughs but I am one to roll the dice.

Do your homework and meet patients in person to really get a feel for a Drs. work.

I don’t know what your goals are, but for me the reason I am leaning towards Umar or Bisanga is b/c they do FUE and they utilize BHT as well. Knowing that I will go very bald by nature, and that I am very hairy body-wise I know I need to incorporate bodyhair into my plan, and probably a good amount. I’m okay with that, plus I don’t plan on growing it out. I just want a buzz cut that has good coverage and nice hairline. It is amazing what a good hairline can do, really frame your face.

Good luck and don’t rush in. I know things seem like they suck right now, but act like it doesn’t bother you in public and around women and you will be okay. And if you decide to go down the path of an HT good luck and know that once you do it you have to commit yourself to it b/c although we can get good HTs we will still lose other hairs on our head, so we will need touch ups.

Stay strong my friend.

Thanks for the reply!

i appreciate the insight. I am going to be doing my own research on propecia, side effects and everything, have you used propecia before? if so, what has your personal experience been with the meds. From what i have read so far propecia side effects was mainly about sexual dysfunction. I havent read much about side effects when used for hair loss.

I am taking my time researching, but i would rather have my hair long. Thats the reason why i am interested in a hair transplant.

greetings!

thank you for your response.

I am definitely taking my time in my research to find the best fit for my type of hair loss. My goal is to fully restore my hair loss to it once was. I wanna look & feel 26. right now i look about 40 ;/ My donor is very healthy and is very dense from my perspective. I do not feel that BHT will be necessary just yet.

Hairline is a very important part for me. i really want a clinic that can restore my hairline and make it look natural as possible.

If you dont mind my asking… why did you consider Dr. Umar? or Dr. Bisanga?
have you had a any consultations with them before? or know anybody that has? i would like to know more about what they can offer.

Hi Chuck,

I am still fairly young and my hair loss isnt as severe as some cases, but i feel that it is the right time to do something about it. I wanna be able to future proof my hair loss before anything drastic happens.

I am currently using rogaine at the moment… would you have any other suggestions?

I did research on propecia. what are your thoughts about that?

Hi GC,

I’ve been surfing these websites since 2006 and Dr. Umar and Bisanga in my opinion have shown the most consistent quality results from what I’ve seen regarding FUE/BHT combos. That is not to say that there might be others doing good work in this realm, but I just haven’t seen it as far what I think looks good and what works with my goals.

I have not consulted with either of them yet nor have I met any of their patients in person. From a financial perspective I will be ready to do all of this next Spring. Slow and steady wins the race!

Good luck,

missmyhair

Hi Chuck,

I am still fairly young and my hair loss isnt as severe as some cases, but i feel that it is the right time to do something about it. I wanna be able to future proof my hair loss before anything drastic happens.

I am currently using rogaine at the moment… would you have any other suggestions?

I did research on propecia. what are your thoughts about that?[/quote]

Use Rogaine twice a day. You can rub it all over your head and massage your scalp. Good blood flow will usually help your hair grow better. many men with hair loss will “baby” their hair for fear hair will come out. Babying is also a strategy that helps men avoid the anxiety related to seeing hair shed into the sink etc. It’s actually best to be less gentle with your hair. Brushing and massage are good. If you go with finasteride, I would go with Propecia brand and avoid online meds like the plague. just my opinion.

According to researcher and hair transplant physician, Sharon Keene in Arizona, the worst things for your hair are cigarette smoking, alcoholism, stress and sunburn. This was determined by studying identical twins with opposite health-related lifestyles. Coffee is good for your hair. PRP treatments help miniaturizing hair to varying degrees but they are expensive. Derma rolling combined with minoxidil has been shown to be more effective because the micro needling increases absorption of minoxidil into the blood. Be sure your diet is relatively pure. Avoid fast food the best you can. If possible eat organic and avoid meat products where the animal was shot up with hormones, chemicals and antibiotics. Buried Treasure makes a decent product called "Hair Skin and Nails. Tastes awful in my opinion, but I believe it’s a good product. Try alternating shampoos. Use Nizoral once a week.

The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

hey Miss My Hair,

I understand what you’re saying. Finance is an important part of my selection. I definitely dont wanna pay for some cheap results… im looking for quality. If that means i need save an extra couple hundred bucks. so be it.

I have seen both Dr. Umar and Dr. Bisanga’s results. i beleive that they do great work. But there is still something that makes me a little hesitant about making them final decision. I feel the same way, that i havent seen results that look amazing and fit with my goals.

Other than those two doctors… would you have any other reccomendations i can look into.

THANKS!

I have purchased my first supply of propecia. I am going to try it for the first time. Would you say… the more aggresive the better. I dont want it to be too thick of a layer, where it looks like i have a mess on my head. i want it to look subtle… almost like hair gel. What do you think about the rogaine foam?? the less product for me. the better.

Fortunately i dont drink or smoke. But i do enjoy fast food at the wrong times. How big of a factor does diet play? I exercise on the regular… which gives me confidence when i eat horribly. Pizza, wings, cheesburgers are all the regiment.

Tell me more about this PRP… i have recently just heard about this procedure. how invasive?? will i be able to return to work the next day?

appreciate all the feedback. :slight_smile:

THANKS!

Why on earth does a 26 year old norwood 2 want a hair transplant? You are asking for trouble.

Thanks for the reply!

i appreciate the insight. I am going to be doing my own research on propecia, side effects and everything, have you used propecia before? if so, what has your personal experience been with the meds. From what i have read so far propecia side effects was mainly about sexual dysfunction. I havent read much about side effects when used for hair loss.

[/quote]

Take a look at the Propecia (finasteride) survey, this may give you an idea what to expect. Most doctors recommend using both Propecia and minoxidil when you first notice signs of thinning.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/poll_view-poll_id-4.html

As for hair transplant, I am curious if there are any doctors out there who would recommend you going for a session.

It is something that is very bothersome. Not to say that i am all about image and looks. But i just dont feel as confident as i once did when i had a healthy scalp of hair. I would rather take care of it now before its too late and i suddenly have no donor…

Thanks for the link!

that was a big help.

As far as a HT, why would you be curious? would they turn me down if i do not have severe hair loss??