I highly recommend these supplements

If you don’t want to read a big paragraph, I will just say it: Coenzyme Q10, Tumeric (aka curcumin) root with resveratrol, L-Lysine if you take propecia. If you want the full story. . . .

First, I will put what I was already taking:

*propecia 1/day
*omega 3/6/9 tablet
*ginkgo 120 mg/day
*multivitamin
*Prostate vitamin (palmetto 80 mg, pygeum 5 mg, nettle root 125 mg)/day
*maca or ginseng with breaks in between (not good to take eternally)
*beta sistosterol sometimes

This regimen started around 21, with the exception of propecia at 18. I’m now 23. My hair loss was progressing very slowly thanks to the supplements, but progressing nevertheless. Also, I could rub my head over a piece of paper and shed 100+ hairs in no time.

So I read about curcumin (aka tumeric) root taken with resverathrol having the great side effect of regrowing hair (due to inflammation control). I also read about Coenzyme Q10 regrowing hair (due to I have no idea). I also read about L-Lysine increasing the effectiveness of Propecia. So I picked up all three. I take 500 mg of L-Lysine every morning with my propecia.

Then I alternated every other day: One day CoQ10 (about 40 mg). The other day about 60 mg of Tumeric root taken with 100 mg of resveratrol (the resveratrol is not for hair, but to make the curcumin absorb better).

Wow, I don’t know which it is, but now I can rub my head over white paper (I have black hair) for minutes and see usually zero shedding (sometimes up to 2 hairs). Wow. Get on this guys (and girls).

In terms of cost. Yes, CoQ10 seems expensive, but think how long you can make it last. I buy the 28 g NOW brand pure powder. This is not in capsules, but just powder in a jar. It comes with a serving spoon. So I can take out exact amounts. It is 28 g, or 28000 mg. If I take about 40 mg every other day, it is going to last a long time (700 uses, 1 use a day, every other day. $60 bucks for about two years of a good product is not bad.

As for curcumin, I buy a pure powder for a Taiwanese Herb company. $5.28 for 100 g (100000 mg) of product. The resveratrol is a little more, $40 for 120 200 mg pills. However, I open up each capsule, and only use 100 mg, saving the other 100 mg for the next time. Since, this is also every other day, it will last a bit.

As for L-Lysine, it is cheap. Take it if you are on propecia. Maybe it makes saw palmetto work better too. Who knows? I would so strongly encourage the use of Tumeric/Resveratrol and CoQ10 every other day. Got rid of my shedding so quickly.

» If you don’t want to read a big paragraph, I will just say it: Coenzyme
» Q10, Tumeric (aka curcumin) root with resveratrol, L-Lysine if you take
» propecia. If you want the full story. . . .
»
» First, I will put what I was already taking:
»
» *propecia 1/day
» *omega 3/6/9 tablet
» *ginkgo 120 mg/day
» *multivitamin
» *Prostate vitamin (palmetto 80 mg, pygeum 5 mg, nettle root 125 mg)/day
» *maca or ginseng with breaks in between (not good to take eternally)
» *beta sistosterol sometimes
»
» This regimen started around 21, with the exception of propecia at 18. I’m
» now 23. My hair loss was progressing very slowly thanks to the supplements,
» but progressing nevertheless. Also, I could rub my head over a piece of
» paper and shed 100+ hairs in no time.
»
» So I read about curcumin (aka tumeric) root taken with resverathrol having
» the great side effect of regrowing hair (due to inflammation control). I
» also read about Coenzyme Q10 regrowing hair (due to I have no idea). I also
» read about L-Lysine increasing the effectiveness of Propecia. So I picked
» up all three. I take 500 mg of L-Lysine every morning with my propecia.
»
» Then I alternated every other day: One day CoQ10 (about 40 mg). The other
» day about 60 mg of Tumeric root taken with 100 mg of resveratrol (the
» resveratrol is not for hair, but to make the curcumin absorb better).
»
» Wow, I don’t know which it is, but now I can rub my head over white paper
» (I have black hair) for minutes and see usually zero shedding (sometimes up
» to 2 hairs). Wow. Get on this guys (and girls).
»
» In terms of cost. Yes, CoQ10 seems expensive, but think how long you can
» make it last. I buy the 28 g NOW brand pure powder. This is not in
» capsules, but just powder in a jar. It comes with a serving spoon. So I can
» take out exact amounts. It is 28 g, or 28000 mg. If I take about 40 mg
» every other day, it is going to last a long time (700 uses, 1 use a day,
» every other day. $60 bucks for about two years of a good product is not
» bad.
»
» As for curcumin, I buy a pure powder for a Taiwanese Herb company. $5.28
» for 100 g (100000 mg) of product. The resveratrol is a little more, $40 for
» 120 200 mg pills. However, I open up each capsule, and only use 100 mg,
» saving the other 100 mg for the next time. Since, this is also every other
» day, it will last a bit.
»
» As for L-Lysine, it is cheap. Take it if you are on propecia. Maybe it
» makes saw palmetto work better too. Who knows? I would so strongly
» encourage the use of Tumeric/Resveratrol and CoQ10 every other day. Got rid
» of my shedding so quickly.

Well, lucky you that Propecia didn’t you give you any side effects…or did it?

Also, I’ve read a lot on this forum about Toco 8 or something…you don’t use any topicals?

»
» Well, lucky you that Propecia didn’t you give you any side effects…or did
» it?
»
» Also, I’ve read a lot on this forum about Toco 8 or something…you don’t
» use any topicals?

TOCO 8 contains all the tocopheryls that make up Vitamin E and there are, well, 8. Most vitamins just have one of them, d-alpha Tocopheryl. The Natural was talking about recreating an Italian hair supplement which contained Tocopheryls, curcumin, and resveratrol. For the tocopheryls, he used TOCO 8. You can find his post somewhere in the supplements board.

I have never had any side effects with Propecia. I’m kind of tempted to stop using it since it is expensive and not natural, and wasn’t working as well as the curcumin and CoQ10, but I’m so afraid to take anything out of my regimen since it is currently working. Plus, maybe the Propepcia with L-Lysine is the real thing. I wish I knew what was necessary in my regimen, but not willing to lose hair experimenting.

The only topical I use is Nizoral every third day. It’s a little boost, but probably not the most essential thing. I try to cover all the bases.

bucket, happy to read that you are making progress! :slight_smile:

Toco-8 contains tocotrienols as well as tocopherols. A study suggests that tocotrienols could be beneficial to hair loss sufferers. Unfortunately, it appears that tocopherols, like d-alpha, will not help.

Congrats, but I was hoping you had a regimen working for you without propecia :frowning:

» Congrats, but I was hoping you had a regimen working for you without
» propecia :frowning:

I think it might work without it. My shedding was crazy when I was on Propecia. It stopped when I added the curcumin/resveratrol and CoQ10. I’m just afraid to get off Propecia cause whatever I’m doing is working.

I would love if somebody could try my regimen without Propecia and see if it works also. I bet it does, I’m just don’t want to take any chances.

» As for L-Lysine, it is cheap. Take it if you are on propecia.
» Maybe it makes saw palmetto work better too. Who knows?

Don’t waste your money on lysine for hairloss. It doesn’t work. Don’t believe every stupid thing you read on hairloss sites.

» » As for L-Lysine, it is cheap. Take it if you are on propecia.
» » Maybe it makes saw palmetto work better too. Who knows?
»
» Don’t waste your money on lysine for hairloss. It doesn’t work. Don’t
» believe every stupid thing you read on hairloss sites.

I’m not speaking from what I’ve read, I’m speaking from personal experience.

I’m intereested in trying circumin & resveratrol… can you guys recommend some good sites online to order from? TY

» » » As for L-Lysine, it is cheap. Take it if you are on propecia.
» » » Maybe it makes saw palmetto work better too. Who knows?
» »
» » Don’t waste your money on lysine for hairloss. It doesn’t work. Don’t
» » believe every stupid thing you read on hairloss sites.
»
» I’m not speaking from what I’ve read, I’m speaking from personal
» experience.

» I’m intereested in trying circumin & resveratrol… can you guys recommend
» some good sites online to order from? TY
»

I got mine from iherb dot com, the resveratrol from country life and the curcumin from jarrow.

» bucket, happy to read that you are making progress! :slight_smile:
»
» Toco-8 contains tocotrienols as well as tocopherols. A study suggests
» that tocotrienols could be beneficial to hair loss sufferers.
» Unfortunately, it appears that tocopherols, like d-alpha, will not help.

show that study. the only study ive come across was done by the makers of toco-8 crap (promordial performance fagz) and we tore them apart as sc*m on hlh and a body building forum. they do their own study and make up their own numbers and used a small handful of people (supposedly and we still think its all BS), and even their pic was hillarious at best. then its being spread out across the forums that there is a study. that stuff is garbage. on hair loss sites its promoted for prevention of hair loss and on body building sites its promoted as muscle builders. the president is a con as well. i’m a mod on one of the BB forums and noticed all those so called happy customers were under the same ip address the president aka toco 8 aka promrdial performance (they use another website too sell the product) used. stay far away from this scummbag. toco 8 is garbage and snake oil at its best.