I have questions for Baccy and Follica DIY Testers

I know I haven’t posted here in a while, but I need some advice.

To the ones testing Follica’s method (Baccy and others), I have decided to stop waiting and experiment this on myself. I am willing to purchase the materials and get dermabraded. I am around a NW4 in terms of loss.

1)What chemicals, topicals would be best to use? I have money to pay for things.

2)Should I get a dermatologist to wound my scalp? Or should I do it myself?

1. Should I start with my hairline or shave it then wound the scalp where it’s thinning? I know where I’m losing it.

2. Can I do this if I’m taking anti-depressant meds?

Thanks for your advice!

» I know I haven’t posted here in a while, but I need some advice.
»
» To the ones testing Follica’s method (Baccy and others), I have decided to
» stop waiting and experiment this on myself. I am willing to purchase the
» materials and get dermabraded. I am around a NW4 in terms of loss.
»
» 1)What chemicals, topicals would be best to use? I have money to pay for
» things.
»
» 2)Should I get a dermatologist to wound my scalp? Or should I do it
» myself?
»
» 3) Should I start with my hairline or shave it then wound the scalp where
» it’s thinning? I know where I’m losing it.
»
» 4) Can I do this if I’m taking anti-depressant meds?
»
» Thanks for your advice!

You should know nobody here can guarantee about safety (but it’s clear
who is experimenting it’s quite sure there isn’t very big real risk).

If you want to go ,a lot of info are in different thread but now Benjii should post in his new thread the mode of his attempt.

You can read there for an idea.
(
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-38475-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer.html
)

» I know I haven’t posted here in a while, but I need some advice.
»
» To the ones testing Follica’s method (Baccy and others), I have decided to
» stop waiting and experiment this on myself. I am willing to purchase the
» materials and get dermabraded. I am around a NW4 in terms of loss.
»
» 1)What chemicals, topicals would be best to use? I have money to pay for
» things.
»
» 2)Should I get a dermatologist to wound my scalp? Or should I do it
» myself?
»
» 3) Should I start with my hairline or shave it then wound the scalp where
» it’s thinning? I know where I’m losing it.
»
» 4) Can I do this if I’m taking anti-depressant meds?
»
» Thanks for your advice!

I wish we could organize some sort of “recipe format” of the complete patent of Follica so we could cover all of the bases on each one of the “embodiments”. There are, I believe, a lot of willing participants that would subscribe to this format and it would only add to our quest for the final solution. If people (like Benji, Baccy, Cal) could put something together for those of us that aren’t as biotech knowledgeable it would only aid our ultimate goal and quicken the pace.

Honestly I think it’s a questionable risk to do anything to your whole head right now.

Baccy did it, but he’s also got absolutely nothing to lose in terms of hair. I admire his guts but I wouldn’t start that big myself. I’ve contained everything I’ve done to several small spots.

I say this because the dermabrasion/wounding/sanding issue becomes a lot less of a big deal when you’re not talking about a large area. A few small spots can be done at home much more easily/practically.

Going to a derm is reliable but it’s also a few hundred bucks a try. And we may also discover that the wound doesn’t have to be so painfully deep.

As for the specific drugs, we don’t know that yet ourselves. We believe it’s down to an EGF-R inhibition drug + monkey-wrenching the immune system with one or more drugs.

– The EGF-R inhibition drugs that look like real options are Genfitilib (my spelling sucks) and Leflunomide.

Genfilitib is probably the better one. It can probably be absorbed topically whereas Leflunomide may not work that way. Leflunomide is only a sure bet when it’s swallowed. But Genfilitib costs several hundred bucks for a small amount, and that’s for the overseas generic versions of it. It’s nothing to waste.

– As for immune system drugs, you’re asking us what we’re still figuring out as we speak.

There are several well-known drugs that wallop the immune system to a powerful (dangerous) extent. Cyclosporine, Tacrolimus, etc. These would definitely work but they’re a “nuclear option” that Folica would prefer to avoid. Taking these drugs orally would be risky for guys who aren’t in perfect health. Folica might try one of these topically, but we think they would prefer to find a less-drastic method if possible.

After that, Benji is more up on the specific lesser-extreme immune control drugs than I am. I can tell you that it would basically be a cocktail of common (and relatively safe) things: Anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-histamine, etc.

Minox has been mentioned in all the patents too. They also included Nair-type hair removal 3 days before the wounding itself.