I got my first HST hair stem cell transplant

» Hi Rick, have you seen my results on this forum? Those photos should tell
» you everything you need to know, I’ve had the procedure twice, so if you
» have any questions, I’ll do my best to help.

GC, I haven’t seen your results, but I see you’ve posted the link below. I’ll check them out! Thanks!

» I’m very interested in Gho’s work and, in fact, have followed it on
» Hairsite from, what, 1998? I haven’t followed it closely for many years
» though. My question, after watching Scissors Boy’s videos, is, what
» evidence is there that the donor area is, in fact, regrowing hair from the
» donor sites? This is enormously important to me because I probably only
» have about 1000 grafts left to move before my donor area gets too thin. If
» Gho’s procedure works as advertised, my approach would be to alternate
» between moving 500 follicular units to my balding area one year and
» relocating 500 follicular units within my donor area region (thus
» increasing my donor supply) the next until my original donor density is
» restored.
»
» But, if the donor sites do not, in fact, regrow hair, such an approach
» would be a disaster.

You’re in a very similar position to me. I had a consult with Gho and his team a few weeks back, and because of the little left in my donor area, Gho and his team advised me they would only be able to do 700 grafts max the first treatment, with future treatments being 700 each time. A little by little, step by step approach. They will address the front region first pass, and im in the process of now booking my first treatment.

Hey John. Doe this mean that you had prior transplants or that you have a weak donor in general? I will get my HSt done or my start in two year from now on,because then i can get the money much easier then now. Actually i am convinced about Gho for multiple reasons which are so dominant that the constant “no he is not real” ramblings are futile.

My personal list of why i believe that Gho can fix almost everyone over time

1. He has peer reviewed journals

2)Science in general is on his side

3)He worked on high profile NW6 patients with very weak donor characteristics or bad hair characteristics

1. Multiple independent patient reports with no doctored pictures

2. Donor fotos from patients (shaven)

6)More and more “important” fields are working ith Gho rather then ith FUT and FUE clinics (for example burning victim asociations)

1. Even Ghos staff is fond and happy about their HST but even they say that in the near term future they will have way better options like making 100 Grafts or hair out of one

2. He had shown more patients (or they showed themselves) then any other clinic

3. Lots of patients with more then two or three sessions, while the amount of Grafts increased rather then declined

4. Even patients with limited or non existing donor are accepted by Gho with the remark “Less grafts but therefore multiple sessions over time” So in theory and practical use, someone as a NW6 with only 700 transplantable Grafts will be accepted by Gho with multiple sessions over time. Let say 10 which means 7000 Grafts and a good NW3 density and hair characteristics.

Btw when you only have such a small amount of Grafts available, its pretty cheap or lets say its affordable for patients to get 700 Grafts every other year or so.A standardclinic could never do it

» Hey John. Doe this mean that you had prior transplants or that you have a
» weak donor in general?
Yeah, a prior transplant, which has left my donor area with low amount of grafts left.

» 10) Even patients with limited or non existing donor are accepted by Gho
» with the remark “Less grafts but therefore multiple sessions over time” So
» in theory and practical use, someone as a NW6 with only 700 transplantable
» Grafts will be accepted by Gho with multiple sessions over time. Let say 10
» which means 7000 Grafts and a good NW3 density and hair characteristics.
»
» Btw when you only have such a small amount of Grafts available, its pretty
» cheap or lets say its affordable for patients to get 700 Grafts every other
» year or so.A standardclinic could never do it

Exactly this. I meet Gho a number of weeks back, and he stressed the little by little approach. I think this is the same approach that gc83uk is adopting due to his donor area. His case has given me hope, so many thanks to him for his input and feedback.

» OK, so I got 1789 grafts on my zone 1 and 2…
» they said I have an excellent donor so it made me very happy and I thought
» we might reach 2000 or more but in some area, my skin was kind of not
» making it easy (thickness I guess) but still, they managed 1800…

Interesting. If I understand your case correctly, so you have basically been a “virgin” guy. In other words, your whole donor area was completely untouched - no former strip or FUE procedures or something else. And they had troubles in your case to get more than 1800 HST grafts? :surprised:

yes, they were enthusiastic and confident about a good 2000 regarding my donor density but my left side at the back was though skin and it got complicate!

I think they are conservative, they did not harvest very high on my back if you check my pics

But, they told me that the average normal was 1200-1400, it’s the pics results you see on their site.

people with 2500 are exceptionnal cases, they are big heads with perfect density, so they told me that this amount was performed on people with bigger heads and exceptionnal density.

I’m between 80 - 90 grafts density at my back, but some people are almost 100 in their donor!!!

What about your case I-M, you still did not answer me…i’d like it to be a sharing like bilateral as you did one procedure yourself!!!

Other thing: the assistant told me that HSI should improve the density in the future, now it’s 50 grafts max, maybe we will reach 60 or more… hopefully!!!

» yes, they were enthusiastic and confident about a good 2000 regarding my
» donor density but my left side at the back was though skin and it got
» complicate!
»
» I think they are conservative, they did not harvest very high on my back if
» you check my pics
»
» But, they told me that the average normal was 1200-1400, it’s the pics
» results you see on their site.
»
» people with 2500 are exceptionnal cases, they are big heads with perfect
» density, so they told me that this amount was performed on people with
» bigger heads and exceptionnal density.
»
»
» I’m between 80 - 90 grafts density at my back, but some people are almost
» 100 in their donor!!!
»
» What about your case I-M, you still did not answer me…i’d like it to be a
» sharing like bilateral as you did one procedure yourself!!!
»
»
» Other thing: the assistant told me that HSI should improve the density in
» the future, now it’s 50 grafts max, maybe we will reach 60 or more…
» hopefully!!!

caddarik79: Are you scheduled for another procedure yet, or are you waiting to see how the result will show? How are the grafts growing by the way? Will you share some pictures any time soon?

» » OK, so I got 1789 grafts on my zone 1 and 2…
» » they said I have an excellent donor so it made me very happy and I
» thought
» » we might reach 2000 or more but in some area, my skin was kind of
» not

» » making it easy (thickness I guess) but still, they managed
» 1800…
»
» Interesting. If I understand your case correctly, so you have basically
» been a “virgin” guy. In other words, your whole donor area was completely
» untouched - no former strip or FUE procedures or something else. And they
» had troubles in your case to get more than 1800 HST grafts? :surprised:

Iron_Man: Even though you’re not going public, I presume that you have been monitoring the re-growth after you’re own HST?

» Iron_Man: Even though you’re not going public, I presume that you have been
» monitoring the re-growth after you’re own HST?

Ohh, you can’t imagine - sure.

Hi sailor,

could you please tell the guy Tobban at the Swedish forum …

http://www.lookgood.se/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4544

… that the usage of a Dino-Lite handheld video-microscope is somewhat tricky:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-75784.html#p75784

As you can see (and watch), you need a very very steady hand on one hand, and on the other hand, the size of the magnified area is simply too small. In my opinion, not really the “ideal tool” to prove something (at least, with the rather cheap Dino-Lites) – especially, if someone has no experiences/exercise with this tool. But maybe Tobban is able to surprise us? We will see …

p.s. the Dino-Lite may serve at least to observe daily at least 2-3 extractions sites (of course the same extraction sites). With this, you can even produce a REAL “regeneration process VIDEO”, if you put together the sequences of the daily videos into 1 video-stream after 1 or 2 weeks.

Iron_Man, can you please share YOUR OWN experience?
I mean, I asked you three times, and you always ignore…feels weird!

» Iron_Man, can you please share YOUR OWN experience?
» I mean, I asked you three times …

No, I can’t. To share a HST procedure with others - guess what, you need a HST procedure for this. So what’s so “weird”?

btw - why the hell do you always claim that I should’ve claimed that my procedure “is in August” ??

OK, I was pretty sure you said that in another thread, I was then saying to myself “of course he will, he knows it all about HST”…

Nevermind, I hope some other people who did it will share, they are the most interesting posts to follow.

» caddarik79: Are you scheduled for another procedure yet, or are you waiting
» to see how the result will show? How are the grafts growing by the way?
» Will you share some pictures any time soon?

I will wait for the result of that one, regarding the price I’ve paid, I prefer to see what 1800 brings, to know if I jump for another soon or if I wait and temporise while some new stuffs and progress are made in the field!!!

I still had a fair amount of hair, the frontal area was not bald but thinning and slightly receiding…

My hope is that 1800 grafts will bring me peace for at least 3 years, we will then be in 2015 and there I hope some more things will be possible!!!

On the other hand, it is very tempting to already start a “rebuilding process” and try to get more hair every year and be faster than the potential loss…

I could afford one every year but it means I will also do less things (holidays, buying a place etc)…and freeze your life for hair when they do it so expensive, I don’t know if it worth it…If I was much more rich, I would for sure but still, the method might improve and maybe there it will be more interesting to go.

LOL now, when I see a dude of my age, same size, same type but full of hair for free (no MBP), i’m so saying to myself “dude you don’t know it but you have a 150.000 euros head!!!” I’m sooo envying, MBP is really unfair :wink:

for the grafts, I think I kept 50% of them or less, it’s not very dense, I’m 2 months from the procedure, they told me I would keep grafts but the regrowth process really start at month 5…

so I would say my hairline position has improved but the density is not amazing now but as I was not dramatic case, I let it regrow and it will only get fuller and fuller!!!I’m curious about it in 2 or 3 months and I would never rush for a second, from what I feel, one year is the best to wait for another go…if ever.

Thanks for the update. I think for now people should just ignore Iron Man, the guy who told everyone to get a HST in august or whenever and now he never had one and not a HSI either (if he anna play his old " You asked for HST but i got HSI so thats why i didnt answer your stupid question" games)

He is a very sad persona, thats for sure. I bet he doesnt have the money, he is just afraid or whatever. In short words; dont take him seriously

» » Iron_Man: Even though you’re not going public, I presume that you have
» been
» » monitoring the re-growth after you’re own HST?
»
» Ohh, you can’t imagine - sure.
»
» Hi sailor,
»
» could you please tell the guy Tobban at the Swedish forum …
»
» http://www.lookgood.se/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4544
»
» … that the usage of a Dino-Lite handheld video-microscope is
» somewhat tricky:
»
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-75784.html#p75784
»
» As you can see (and watch), you need a very very steady hand on one hand,
» and on the other hand, the size of the magnified area is simply too
» small. In my opinion, not really the “ideal tool” to prove something (at
» least, with the rather cheap Dino-Lites) – especially, if someone has no
» experiences/exercise with this tool. But maybe Tobban is able to surprise
» us? We will see …
»
» p.s. the Dino-Lite may serve at least to observe daily at least 2-3
» extractions sites (of course the same extraction sites). With this, you can
» even produce a REAL “regeneration process VIDEO”, if you put together the
» sequences of the daily videos into 1 video-stream after 1 or 2 weeks.

Iron_Man, Tobban has received your message and he has also wrote an answered in his own thread. I hope you will assist in documenting his case, there will be plenty of picture material for sure.

» for the grafts, I think I kept 50% of them or less, it’s not very dense,
» I’m 2 months from the procedure, they told me I would keep grafts but the
» regrowth process really start at month 5…
»
» so I would say my hairline position has improved but the density is not
» amazing now but as I was not dramatic case, I let it regrow and it will
» only get fuller and fuller!!!I’m curious about it in 2 or 3 months and I
» would never rush for a second, from what I feel, one year is the best to
» wait for another go…if ever.

Caddarik79, thank you for your answer! I look forward to future updates.

» OK, I was pretty sure you said that in another thread, I was then saying to
» myself “of course he will, he knows it all about HST”…

I’m pretty sure that you thought I’m this guy …

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-107186.html

But NO, I’m not “thehairman” - I’m IronMan.
But indeed, I already mentioned on HS the almost EXACT date (I guess most guys didn’t even notice this), but I definitely didn’t mention “August” anywhere, nor “April”. But it is true, my HST is indeed anywhere between August and April - that’s true. And I hope I will not have any troubles with my flight …

… or something (paparazzis etc).

» Iron_Man, Tobban has received your message and he has also wrote an
» answered in his own thread. I hope you will assist in documenting his case,
» there will be plenty of picture material for sure.

I’m waiting …
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-110501-page-0-category-0-order-last_answer.html

If Tobban is able to make good “zoom-in photos” (like gc) near or around his/the mentioned birthmarks (on a day-by-day basis) - Tobban’s case will be EXTREMELY interesting (and much easier) to document - I hope.

» » OK, I was pretty sure you said that in another thread, I was then saying
» to
» » myself “of course he will, he knows it all about HST”…
»
» I’m pretty sure that you thought I’m this guy …
»
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-107186.html
»
» But NO, I’m not “thehairman” - I’m IronMan.
» But indeed, I already mentioned on HS the almost EXACT date (I guess most
» guys didn’t even notice this), but I definitely didn’t mention
» “August” anywhere, nor “April”. But it is true, my HST is indeed anywhere
» between August and April - that’s true. And I hope I will not have any
» troubles with my flight …

Lol this is sounding more and more like a game. I would put money on it being before Christmas. 10th Dec is my bet, I seem to remember reading something about that date. Are you having it in Maastrict?