HT-No results yet

Hello everyone.

Im 30 yo male 4 months after my hair transplant.
3000 grafts were transplanted into diffuse thinning pattern.
I expected to see major growth after such amount of time, but what
I see is just small growth and not a lot of new hairs like I thought it would be.
Is it a normal situation ?

Please help.

Four months isn’t long enough to judge anything.

It might be fair to start getting worried if there’s no real improvement whatsoever after 6-7 months. But even then, if you come back here and ask the question again we’ll probably say “give it until the 12 months, then start taking action.”

Transplants often seem to grow in a couple of waves of improvement. One at maybe 5-6 months, another at 9-12 months, and another at about a year and a half. We could debate the specific timeframes that are most common but you get the idea.

Diffuse thinning is a b*tch to transplant in general too. I hope your doctor explained that the number of hairs lost from the trauma of the HT might seriously limit the gains from the whole procedure. If this happens, you’re benefiting from swapping dying hairs for healthier DHT-resistant ones, but there’s not much cosmetic benefit because you were close to “breaking even” on the end result.

No time to panic yet. Alot of aptients just start to see growth at 4-5 months. Give it a full 12 months before judging the result.

» No time to panic yet. Alot of aptients just start to see growth at 4-5
» months. Give it a full 12 months before judging the result.

It doesn’t take 12 months to see the full result. He should be seeing at least some new sprouts coming from the scalp in the transplanted area at 4 month. If he’s not seeing anything in another month I would be worried.

» » No time to panic yet. Alot of aptients just start to see growth at 4-5
» » months. Give it a full 12 months before judging the result.
»
» It doesn’t take 12 months to see the full result. He should be seeing at
» least some new sprouts coming from the scalp in the transplanted area at 4
» month. If he’s not seeing anything in another month I would be worried.

Maybe he had BHT? Doesn’t body hair take longer?

I agree that he should be seeing something at 5 months. If there’s NO sprouts at 5 months whatsoever I would be getting worried and cotacting the HT clinic about it.

I just meant that it’s nowhere near enough time to start estimating what the final density/thickness will look like at 4 or 5 months. At this time it is nothing like what he’ll get once it’s finally been 1-2 years since the surgery.