Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

How To Get A Finasteride Prescription

Hi All,

If you’re interested in Propecia or any of its generics for its chemical Finasteride, this post is to encourage you to get a Finasteride prescription, and to tell you how I did it so you can do the same.

I’m one of the guys who’s been checking in here on Hairsite.com periodically over the last 10 years. There’s quite a few like me here who come back to see what the latest news is.

Also like many here, years ago I purchased Finpecia (generic Propecia containing Finasteride) through an over seas online pharmacy & I happily received it in the mail. It worked well for me and I was happy with it.

After a few refills & a couple years, the online pharmacy (I can’t even remember its name) was shut down, and, being satisfied with my hair regrowth & maintenance, I lazily didn’t go to the trouble to find another reliable Online Pharmacy supplier and I stopped taking it.

Here I am a few years later, my hairline a bit less robust, and I again came back to Hairsite.com to see if I could scoop a good over-seas Online Pharmacy for some more cheap Finasteride.

Then I learned how stupid I was.

WalMart sells a month’s worth of 5mg Finasteride tablets (generic Proscar), for $9! You can see this here: http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/customer_list.pdf.
In case you don’t know, a Propecia pill and its generics only have 1mg Finasteride. Propecia & Proscar are identical except for the amount of Finasteride.

So I decided that going to the trouble of buying through an online pharmacy for still a significant amount of money, and then worrying about whether what I got was legit, was in a word - idiotic.

And I decided to just e-mail my Doctor (most Dr.'s nowadays have some kind of online presence). At first in my mind I was too embarrassed to even e-mail him the request. There’s something about hair loss that makes it feel very individual, secret, & underground. But then I thought of my sister who just graduated Medical school, and her stories of dissecting dead bodies, dealing with people’s rotting body parts & festering wounds, and I realized Dr’s have literally seen it all - and the last thing in the world my Dr. would even shrug his shoulders over is me & my small little hairloss issue (despite it being a very big deal to me).

So my e-mail went like this:

Hi Dr. -----,

I’ve been noticing some typical male-pattern hairloss & become interested in slowing the process, and have looked into Finasteride - both Propecia & the generics. After digging I understand it’s a prescription medication.

Oddly, Wal-Mart sells generic 5mg Finasteride for $30 (3 month supply), but 1mg Finasteride for $145 (3 month supply). Very weird!

So I’d really like to see if I can simply cut the 5mg into 1/4ths, take that daily, & save over $100 for the same thing?

Just in case you’d like to see Wal-Mart’s $9 5mg Finasteride, it’s here: http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/customer_list.pdf.

Thanks for letting me know.

He responded within a few hours saying:

“OK. You can pick it up whenever you like - as long as we’re open. We are open Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 to 4:45 pm. Just come up to the receptionist at our front desk.”

…He didn’t even flinch or care. Just an “OK”. The next day I went to the office, picked up the prescription for 100pills of 5mg Finasteride, with 3 refills available, and took it to Wal-Mart. Now I have several years worth of Propecia equivalent, for less than $100 (and that’s without any insurance!).

All it took was a little e-mail, and I don’t have to worry about any sort of online nonsense, or question the pill I’m taking. When I found out how easy it actually was, I had to share it here for all of you.

So if you are here looking for some hints & help as to how, or where, to get some Finasteride for your hair loss, then just remember how easy it PROBABLY is, to get a simple DIRT CHEAP prescription.

Even if your Dr. is uncomfortable prescribing the 5mg that Wal-Mart sells for a discount…hey, the 1mg generic Propecia prescription from Wal-Mart for 3 months supply is $145, and your Dr. should have little to no issue doing that!

Hope this helps,
OceanJ

Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Terms of Use & Privacy

This is an advertising site for paid advertisers to showcase successful hair restoration results only. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussion of failed, unsuccessful procedures, lawsuits, litigations, refunds or complaint cases. Surgical hair restoration procedures carry risks. Please do thorough research, consult your own physician and investigate a doctor's background carefully before making a decision. By proceeding to use our site, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy at http://hairsite.com/terms-of-use/ where you can also find a list of HairSite's sponsoring physicians.