How to Combat Patient Physiology

We have read on the forums that some poor hair transplant results are due to the patient’s physiology. Instead of seeking a 3,000 graft transplant, why not start out with a test? Transplant 50-100 grafts and see how they grow. If they don’t, then you just saved yourself time, money, turmoil, and all of the other side effects of a poor transplant. If they do grow, then you can head into your larger procedure with more confidence.

Why is it so important to have it all done at once? You have to deal with increased healing time and the shock of going from bald to hairy in the matter of one year. Wouldn’t it make sense to break it into segments, to have the appearance of the hair growing back naturally?

Sometimes graft count estimates can be off by hundreds. It might look like you need 4,000 grafts, but what if you could get away with 3,500 because your hair characteristics turned out offering more coverage than was expected. Wouldn’t it be nice to save all that money and donor?

What are your thoughts?

makes sense but these guys are in too much of a hurry

exactly the wrong frame of mind to be in, when deciding who to go to or even if you should get a procedure

then again costs are involved if its international, who wants to go to India and drop 3k on airfare and hotels just to get 100 hairs test, not many guys

» We have read on the forums that some poor hair transplant results are due
» to the patient’s physiology. Instead of seeking a 3,000 graft transplant,
» why not start out with a test? Transplant 50-100 grafts and see how they
» grow. If they don’t, then you just saved yourself time, money, turmoil,
» and all of the other side effects of a poor transplant. If they do grow,
» then you can head into your larger procedure with more confidence.
»
» Why is it so important to have it all done at once? You have to deal with
» increased healing time and the shock of going from bald to hairy in the
» matter of one year. Wouldn’t it make sense to break it into segments, to
» have the appearance of the hair growing back naturally?
»
» Sometimes graft count estimates can be off by hundreds. It might look
» like you need 4,000 grafts, but what if you could get away with 3,500
» because your hair characteristics turned out offering more coverage than
» was expected. Wouldn’t it be nice to save all that money and donor?
»
» What are your thoughts?

Amen. I ve been saying that all the time. It’s not just money, the donor are precious as gold. It’s worth the airfare even if it is for a small 500 - 800 grafts session.

Dr. Cole agreed to do this with me, a small test session of 200 FIT in the uneven area of my hairline which bothers me the most…I have a wierd think with my hair where if it don’t look right to me i will be unhappy,

so I love this in the fact if it works I will look 1000 times better, I will test the waters with little risk, be able to evaluate a larger session and how far I want to go…

and the big one, is if i do not like it he is willing and ready to FUE them out for me…so back to normal (provided no shockloss nightmare, which are doubfull since the are is all bald temple region…)

» Amen. I ve been saying that all the time. It’s not just money, the donor
» are precious as gold. It’s worth the airfare even if it is for a small 500
» - 800 grafts session.

I’ll embarrass myself infront of everyone here just to best explain this to you Jessica.You guys can feel free to mock me and I know you will but deep down you have felt the same,I know that for fact.
Given that I probably already was an insecure male, hairloss was a very traumatic experience for me to go through,even more so because it started in my teens.
I say that I was already insecure because there are millions of bald men out there who don’t care about their hairloss, they live their lives normally.The fact that it effected my life so much is proof that I already was an insecure man.
Hairloss took away my self confidence, it made me feel embarrassed, weaker,inferior & less attractive.I stopped going out,I hid from the world,I wore hats all the time.I didn’t want to feel this way & I didn’t want to hide but I couldn’t help feeling this way.This is something you cannot understand Jessica because you are not an insecure male.
When I started losing my hair a panic set in,I was suicidal,my world was ending.I was a yong man,how can a young man go bald ? Balding is for old men.I had a HTP straight away (approx 100 grafts) so I could get my life back.The grafts grew, but it wasn’t the result I wanted.I needed thousands of grafts to cover what I found shameful & unmanly & I wanted it done immediately so I could go back to being “normal” I didn’t want to wait years to regrow my hair, I wanted it over night. Don’t ever underestimate how desperate some balding men are to regrow their hair.
Unfortunately, my desperation to rid myself of my balding shame was exploited by a HTP Doc. He knew of my weakness, my desperation to regrow my hair back as soon as possible.All Docs now that we are desperate to regrow our hair, some Docs don’t lose their morals, mine did. He peformed a mega session on me knowing that my scalp lacked elasticity & to make a long story short I was butchered beyond repair. Life as I knew it had ceased to exist.I lost everything & I mean everything & I still haven’t gotten it back.
Now I am left with a huge scar & a few miss placed grafts growing in wrong directions. My only solutions are suicide, BHT or HM. Not much of an option is it ?
I know hairs don’t grow in scar tissue but I have grown so desperate I am thinking about BHT. IF I walk into Dr Woods/Arvind offices today,I am not going to ask them to transplant a 100 hairs from my chest into my scar & wait 2 years to see if it works or not. I want thousands of hairs grafted ! Not because I am stupid & didn’t learn my lesson last time,but because I AM DESPERATE TO END THIS NIGHTMARE ASAP.
I see baldness as a curse, a punishment & long to be free of it today, not years from now. It has nothing to do with me being impatient, but regaining my life.

I tried to explain this as best as I could but I am afraid that all these years of isolation have effected my ability to communicate with others.I hope you can at least sympathise with what a balding male goes through but I don’t think you will truly understand because you don’t see hairloss as something that can ruin/end your life.
You can only understand it after you have walked the path.

Don’t be embarassed. Your opinions are valid, and you are not the only one who feels this way.

I understand how you feel. Women can have hairloss too, and it runs in my family. I have seen my closest family members go through it. There are plenty of other health problems and situations in life that can put someone in this position of desperation.

As hard as it may be to hear, you cannot let your desperation be an excuse for poor decisions.

However, I don’t believe that you are completely at fault for your situation. The doctor influenced you in some ways to jump into a risky surgery. But it was your final decision in the end. You and others in your situation are not bad, but human.

From your experience, you can help others who are heading down the path that you once took. What will be your advice to them?

A balding male especially a balding teen will not listen to any advice I have to give.I can tell him that there’s nothing wrong with hairloss,that he shouldn’t have a HTP,that he should just shave his head but he wont listen.I know this for fact because when I was in his place I didn’t listen to others either.

» A balding male especially a balding teen will not listen to any advice I
» have to give.I can tell him that there’s nothing wrong with hairloss,that
» he shouldn’t have a HTP,that he should just shave his head but he wont
» listen.I know this for fact because when I was in his place I didn’t
» listen to others either.

All we can do is try to help and do the right thing. It might seem impossible, but your actions might shine some light on others that you don’t expect to be watching.

» A balding male especially a balding teen will not listen to any advice I
» have to give.I can tell him that there’s nothing wrong with hairloss,that
» he shouldn’t have a HTP,that he should just shave his head but he wont
» listen.I know this for fact because when I was in his place I didn’t
» listen to others either.

Damon,

I sincerely wish you the best in your life. It sounds like a nightmare for you.
As far as what you said above, I would have to disagree. Yes, some young men, teens, whatever, will not listen (a great example is the dangers of drug abuse) but some will.
Some, if educated, will listen and realize that HT is not in their best interest. The level of maturity in SOME teens and young adults is unexpectedly high. You can’t really extrapolate your experience and mindset to everyone else’s.