How much minox should I take?

Hey guys, been using 5% minox twice a day for about 4 months, in additon to propecia. Though I see no significant regrowth (though am told its looking thicker) I am happy enough to report that it has slowed dramatically the fallout.

Here’s my question though: Is using more than 1ml per application a waste? Because my hair loss is pretty much all over the top of my head, front to back. So with a large area, is spreading 1ml not enough?

2 ways to upgrade minox’ efficiency: higher percentage or higher dose. Since I have switched from 5% minox to15%, my results are indisputably better. So, yes, more than the standard 1ml of 5% may enhance results.

Thanks brm.
Cool, it makes sense that a higher surface area requires more lotion. I guess my concern though would be whether there are some side effects from say 2mls twice a day? Has anyone done this?

Be cautious. Increase the dosage progressively. I personally use twice 1ml of 5% (upjohn) plus three times 1 ml of a custom made 9%(from my local pharmacist). So, this is: (2x5 + 3x9)/2= 18.5. It is as though I used 2 mls of a 18.5% minox per day. Never had any sides (apart from more hair:-) ) .

» Thanks brm.
» Cool, it makes sense that a higher surface area requires more lotion. I
» guess my concern though would be whether there are some side effects from
» say 2mls twice a day? Has anyone done this?

You will get whatever side effects you normally get TIMES 2, as simple as that.

If the quantity or the frequency is increased, the chance of it being absorped through the skin may increase. This obviously will cause more side effects.