How do I become a Hair Transplant Dr?

If i wanted to start offering hair transplants, what would i need to do? training / qualifications etc??

haggis

Anyone with a medical degree can legally perform hair transplants… no special training or qualifications are needed.

If you want to actually be good, then there are training programs. You could also apprentice with a good hair transplant doctor, if you can find one.

» If i wanted to start offering hair transplants, what would i need to do?
» training / qualifications etc??
»
» haggis

Anyone with a medical degree? It doesn’t even have to be a medical doctor? That someone has a medical degree does not mean he is a doctor, are you sure about that?

btw, Arfy good to see your post again. How have you been?

» Anyone with a medical degree? It doesn’t even have to be a medical doctor?
» That someone has a medical degree does not mean he is a doctor, are you
» sure about that?
»
» btw, Arfy good to see your post again. How have you been?

I could be wrong but i thought Dr. Armani offered some sort of traingin program.

Oh right, so you need a medical degree to open a HT surgery, i was under the impression that any guy off the street could open one!:expressionless:

» Oh right, so you need a medical degree to open a HT surgery, i was under
» the impression that any guy off the street could open one!:expressionless:

Is this a joke? Are you inbred?
Its cosmetic surgery!!! You have to go through RIGOROUS training- med school, residency…beyond competitive.

Something tells me you dont have the brains to become a HT “SURGEON” because they are surgeons technically genius

I think the poster was asking if a medical degree is all that you need to do hair transplants? There is a difference between obtaining a medical degree and a medical license. A medical degree means you graduated from med school, but that doesnt mean you are licensed to practice as a doctor. Arfy needs to clarify his post, he said anyone with a medical degree can do ht.

To become a doctor, you usually need a 4 year degree, 4 years in medical school, and 3-8 years in residency. You to obtain and continually renew a license to legally practice medicine and treat patients. Doctors are usually trained in a specific area like anaesthesia, internal medicine, OB/GYN, surgical, etc. Some come from surgical backgrounds such as dermatology, ENT, orthopedic, general, cosmetic, opthalmology, etc. But, the doctor must get specialized training in hair transplant. It is the hair transplant specialization that is not well-regulated. Dr. A and Dr. Cole teach hair transplant and have programs set up.

» To become a doctor, you usually need a 4 year degree, 4 years in medical
» school, and 3-8 years in residency. You to obtain and continually renew a
» license to legally practice medicine and treat patients. Doctors are
» usually trained in a specific area like anaesthesia, internal medicine,
» OB/GYN, surgical, etc. Some come from surgical backgrounds such as
» dermatology, ENT, orthopedic, general, cosmetic, opthalmology, etc. But,
» the doctor must get specialized training in hair transplant. It is the
» hair transplant specialization that is not well-regulated. Dr. A and Dr.
» Cole teach hair transplant and have programs set up.

Technically anyone can do hair transplant after the 3-8 years residency. Whatever they do or specialize in after residency is irrelevant as long as they continue to have a license.

»
» Technically anyone can do hair transplant after the 3-8 years residency.
» Whatever they do or specialize in after residency is irrelevant as long as
» they continue to have a license.

Right. Some “doctors” try to teach themselves as they go along.

»» Is this a joke? Are you inbred?
» Its cosmetic surgery!!! You have to go through RIGOROUS training- med
» school, residency…beyond competitive.
»
» Something tells me you dont have the brains to become a HT “SURGEON”
» because they are surgeons technically genius

Oh right, so you need a medical degree to open a HT surgery, i was under the impression that any doctor off the street could open one!, is that better for you dear ?:stuck_out_tongue:

Rigorous training to become a doctor yes, but you dont need rigorous training to become a hair transplant surgeon, which is probably the reason for so many bad results.