How did you get to your regimen?

It seems that a lot of you have come up with regimens that are tailored for your needs. After combing (its a word im starting to like :slight_smile: ) through many a posts, I can see how people kept iterating before getting to a regimen.

While there are some products (minox, propecia, nizoral/keto) that are working for most people, i can see a lot of variance in regimes - since hindsight is 20/20 so what advice would you give someone on ‘how’ to get to the right regimen - what would you say … keep trying new things, give a timeline to each product to test effectiveness, take pictures to track progress, get miniaturization test done, blood test, avoid overloading on products, have the guts to live through shed cycles with new products? i’d like to draw from your experiences …

» It seems that a lot of you have come up with regimens that are tailored for
» your needs. After combing (its a word im starting to like :slight_smile: ) through
» many a posts, I can see how people kept iterating before getting to a
» regimen.
»
» While there are some products (minox, propecia, nizoral/keto) that are
» working for most people, i can see a lot of variance in regimes - since
» hindsight is 20/20 so what advice would you give someone on ‘how’ to get to
» the right regimen - what would you say … keep trying new things, give a
» timeline to each product to test effectiveness, take pictures to track
» progress, get miniaturization test done, blood test, avoid overloading on
» products, have the guts to live through shed cycles with new products? i’d
» like to draw from your experiences …

I wish I had an answer for you, everybody is different, you really have to try different things to see what works for you, for example there are people who quit Propecia and go on saw palmetto with success, but not me, my hair went to hell in about 2-3 months after stopping Propecia, saw palmetoo doesn’t work for me unfortunately.

Thanks Ipod

Like the previous poster stated, it really is trial and error. Thru the years I have added and subtracted different things. My cycle seems to be so predicatble now that I even take a little extra Propecia in the summer when I usually go thru my yearly shed. My hair always rebounds nicely in the fall.

well, this is indeed smth you have to try out by yourself in order to find your dosage. I’m stuck at the moment at Propecia 1mg, but I started using it right after I noticed a slight shedding, and it seems to work for me and I really hope it will stay this way without having to go though other drugs or topicals