Homebrewed Revivogen

does anyone have any information on making your own bucket of revivogen at home?

It seems to be the only thing that helps my hair grow, but sadly I am a diffuse thinner and I couldn’t possibly afford to put it all over my head.

Thanks for any info

One of the components in Revivogen, Gamma-Linolenic acid(GLA) I believe, is hard to come buy in its pure form and would have to be ordered from a chemical supplier most of whom don’t sell to the general public. It is found in small amounts in oils such as borage and flax seed oil.

» One of the components in Revivogen, Gamma-Linolenic acid(GLA) I believe, is
» hard to come buy in its pure form and would have to be ordered from a
» chemical supplier most of whom don’t sell to the general public. It is
» found in small amounts in oils such as borage and flax seed oil.

Yes. That’s why using such an oil (research is needed though to find out which vegetal oil is the richest in GLA; I think it’s hemp oil) may be a correct idea for a homemade “solution”. 4 hours before washing, in the evening, using this (plus revivogen’s other ingredients like saw palmetto once dissolved) might be a good try.

Using GLA from natural sources like oils won’t do you any good as a 5a-reductase inhibitor. It’s got to be a “free” fatty acid.

» Using GLA from natural sources like oils won’t do you any good as a
» 5a-reductase inhibitor. It’s got to be a “free” fatty acid.

Yes but free fatty acids are said to be VERY expensive. And, after all, revivogen is a somewhat greasy solution. What guarantee do we have that fatty acids are not bound in revivogen?

Revivogen is a straight DHT inhibitor though right? No growth factors?

So if Revivogen is substantially helping the areas I put it (relative to the areas I am not) then it could be possible I’m still getting too much DHT through even though I am on Propecia… right?

Should I consider adding some natural DHT vitamins like Saw Palmetto etc?

Any recommendations on some non-prescription, good priced supplements?

Also, just some general advice… I am a diffuse thinner. What should I see from Propecia at 8 months?

I have TONS of thin little hairs on my head that are between 1-2 inches long (which is much shorter than the “good” hairs which are around 5 inches long) and they fall out quite a bit. Is this a positive sign that propecia is working at around 8 months? Could I expect some real visible signs of thickening at any point here (cause I really dont see it in any areas but revivogen spots so far)

Sadly my hair is very blonde, so all these new hairs are still practically invisible because they are so thin. I’m hoping they fall out and come back thicker, but it may be wishful thinking.

Also, I haven’t cut my hair since I started propecia 8 months ago… I’m thinking the ones that haven’t fallen out are kind of masking any visible signs of progress… also possibly wishful thinking though.

» does anyone have any information on making your own bucket of revivogen at
» home?
»
» It seems to be the only thing that helps my hair grow, but sadly I am a
» diffuse thinner and I couldn’t possibly afford to put it all over my head.
»
» Thanks for any info

Some other unique ingredients are:

1)Polygonum multiflorum
2)Basil,Rosemary,Sage,Lavendar
3)Niacin, Citrulliene

Regards
Pete

» » Using GLA from natural sources like oils won’t do you any good
» » as a 5a-reductase inhibitor. It’s got to be a “free” fatty acid.
»
» Yes but free fatty acids are said to be VERY expensive.

Yes, of course. But what’s your point? Now you know why Revivogen is still relatively expensive! :slight_smile:

» And, after all, revivogen is a somewhat greasy solution.

Sure. That’s because Revivogen has lots of fatty acids.

» What guarantee do we have that
» fatty acids are not bound in revivogen?

The Revivogen people were the first ones to talk about that on alt.baldspot, when the product first came out! Guys were posting things like “Why can’t we just use evening primrose oil or borage oil?” They explained to everybody that they have to be FREE fatty acids, like the ones in Revivogen. They also explained to me privately how they go about making Revivogen: they take various natural oils like flaxseed oil, borage oil, etc., and hydrolyze them en masse to change them from triglycerides to free fatty acids. It saves them a lot of money doing it that way, because there’s no need to actually separate all the fatty acids INDIVIDUALLY, which would be extremely costly. As long as they’re all in their “free” form, that’s okay, even if they’re all mixed together.

»
» The Revivogen people were the first ones to talk about that on
» alt.baldspot, when the product first came out! Guys were posting things
» like “Why can’t we just use evening primrose oil or borage oil?” They
» explained to everybody that they have to be FREE fatty acids, like the ones
» in Revivogen. They also explained to me privately how they go about making
» Revivogen: they take various natural oils like flaxseed oil, borage oil,
» etc., and hydrolyze them en masse to change them from triglycerides
» to free fatty acids. It saves them a lot of money doing it that way,
» because there’s no need to actually separate all the fatty acids
» INDIVIDUALLY, which would be extremely costly. As long as they’re all in
» their “free” form, that’s okay, even if they’re all mixed together.
»

Bryan, do you consider Revivogen one of the best 2 or 3 anti hairloss topicals?

»
»

yes, dht inhibitor.

So if Revivogen is substantially helping the areas I put it (relative to the areas I am not) then it could be possible I’m still getting too much DHT through even though I am on Propecia… right?

prop is dose dependent and so is revivogen.

Should I consider adding some natural DHT vitamins like Saw Palmetto etc?

Ask Hangin.

Any recommendations on some non-prescription, good priced supplements?

any multivit with substantial dosage in B8 and B5 (biotin + panthenol)

Also, just some general advice… I am a diffuse thinner. What should I see from Propecia at 8 months?

decrease of hairloss…

I have TONS of thin little hairs on my head that are between 1-2 inches long (which is much shorter than the “good” hairs which are around 5 inches long) and they fall out quite a bit. Is this a positive sign that propecia is working at around 8 months?

No. I personally shed many short thin hairs regardless of “hairloss volume”.

Could I expect some real visible signs of thickening at any point here (cause I really dont see it in any areas but revivogen spots so far)

Not decisive yet.

Sadly my hair is very blonde, so all these new hairs are still practically invisible because they are so thin. I’m hoping they fall out and come back thicker, but it may be wishful thinking.

I think minox is still the best “potentiator” of nascent hairs.

Also, I haven’t cut my hair since I started propecia 8 months ago… I’m thinking the ones that haven’t fallen out are kind of masking any visible signs of progress… also possibly wishful thinking though.

Yes

yes, dht inhibitor.

Why does their website say that it “stimulates growth”? Is this just a play on words meaning that, by inhibiting DHT, it is actually “stimulating” growth?

» Revivogen is a straight DHT inhibitor though right? No growth factors?
»
» yes, dht inhibitor.

»
» Why does their website say that it “stimulates growth”? Is this
» just a play on words meaning that, by inhibiting DHT, it is
» actually “stimulating” growth?

Revivogen also has some other stuff which is supposed to stimulate growth. Apple extracts, or somesuch. There have been scientific studies showing that it works somewhat analogously to minoxidil. Or at least, Revivogen USED to have that ingredient. I’m assuming it still does, although the formula may have changed over the years.

BTW, why do people on hairloss sites simply INSIST on using the vulgarism “DHT inhibitor”??

The thing that I don’t understand about Revivogen is that they state that their shampoo has the same “active” ingredient as the topical treatment, but it will not work on its own. Isn’t this like saying that Nano Shampoo will not work unless you use Proxiphen-N?

» The thing that I don’t understand about Revivogen is that they state that
» their shampoo has the same “active” ingredient as the topical treatment,
» but it will not work on its own. Isn’t this like saying that Nano Shampoo
» will not work unless you use Proxiphen-N?

I strongly suspect that Revivogen Shampoo only has a “token” amount of the active ingredients, just enough to keep it from being false advertising! :slight_smile:

NANO Shampoo, on the other hand, really does have an active amount of NANO in it.